ROLAND GARROS 2012: Smart Roger bows out to prepare for a REAL BATTLE for Gold!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default ROLAND GARROS 2012: Smart Roger bows out to prepare for a REAL BATTLE for Gold!!!

The skies turn grey and the red dust blows into the face of the Fearless Voyager. Aged though he is; yet more youthful in heart and mind than the hundred and twenty seven other warriors battling alongside him for glory. Ever a student of his art, he would unlearn a skill hundred times over to adapt a new one on his mighty golden rapier, an extension of his own hands as he calls it in his frank, artless speeches. The Wilson Sword. Undaunted by the defeat and the chagrin of yesteryears, the fearless Voyager marches on to secure once again a treasure he believes belongs to him, a treasure he lost two years prior when slain on path to glory by some horrible viking - the RG chalice. To aid him on this relentless battlefield are only his own strengths: his wisdom, his experience, his nimble ninja movements, and most importantly the dreaded, careless whip of his golden rapier, that can sting and slay the best of the best.

Opposing his pursuit are two horrible giants: on one side, a prehistoric Monster who rose from the very stuff the Voyager walks on - more than a thorn on his path, this unaesthetic beast is full of appetite if nothing else and will devour anything that threatens to take away his royal possessions. And worse, he insists on doing it "humbly". Ask the witnesses who have seen the paws of this monster defuse the sting from the Voyager's rapier. But to linger in the past is not for the youthful. Back to the moment where all possibilities exist.

On the other side is the Sauron of Serbia, the Hun of Belgrade, the dark lord of fluffy-ball wars. Beneath his smiles and humour lie vengeance for all mankind. Dread him. For long, he lived in the shadows of the glorious, lived with belittling labels like "#3", but all he cares about now is to rule and to get respect. He will kill all. He knows how, and he spread his empire last year till he reached the top of Mountain Glory. The view from the top has been enchanting and he wants to keep it all for himself.

The world has written him off. But the Voyager hasn't written himself off. He believes. It is the very Belief that made him the greatest. It is the very Belief that got him the unexpected victories in battle. Perhaps if he lingers on, there lies Hope.

And Hope - like his rapier and the symbols made for him with love and respect - is always Gold.

Bring on the shields and swords. Its showtime.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 05-23-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ROLAND GARROS 2012: The Quest for lost Treasure

Very nice introduction

As I said somewhere else, imo the tournament is more opened than what some think : Nadal is obviously the clear favorite ahead of Djokovic, but they didn't play that great in Roma imo, and many players seem able to play a very good tennis this year and to beat them imo, more than previous years (Federer of course, but also Ferrer, Berdych -both were very near from Nadal, even twice for Ferrer- Del Potro, Murray, even Isner, Monfils, Monaco, Simon, Wawrinka, Raonic, Tsonga ...).

I had no expectation for Fed in this tournament before watching Roma's final : I even thought that maybe it might be good losing early to keep his physical condition for grass : if ever that happens, it would be a good consolation ... and a relevant one as well imo, because last year his physical condition was great in Roland-Garros but not good in Wimbledon imo : last two years he hasn't looked dynamic enough in Wimbledon and that's my very main concern.

Having watched Roma final, I think if ever Fed plays like last year, it's opened for him : Djokovic is more beatable than last year, and Nadal well Fed was not that far from beating him last year ... and Nadal can lose before meeting Fed imo.

Then I go from 0 expectation to a small hope for a good surprise

Anyway, as I said my main concern is his physical condition for grass (there will be many very good competitors on grass as well ), and any infos anybody can bring on the niggles or physical problems he had in Madrid/Roma and now, will be very welcome

PS : the weather forecast are average for next week, April and May have been cold and quite rainy but the weather is getting better precisely this week (28 celsius expected tomorrow, around 21-22 in the beginning of next week) ... as usual I must say the scheduling of Roland-Garros quite fits the Paris weather

Last edited by duong : 05-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I usually love Roland Garros...

But this year i'm waiting for the grass season...

Still, I want Federer to give his best and win this whole thing.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Win it Fed! Get the 2x Career slam AND tie Vilas!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Edit - dp

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Holy sheepshit! there's a backdoor to the Castle thread from the Federer forum!! Hey, guys, come quick... you gotta see this!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Rodgeur!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post

Allez Rodgeur!
this outfit and year brings up some painful memories . probably the worst Fed played at RG since 2004. But still would be very happy if he repeats this year the the stage where he lost that year
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
country flag Bigselber

Bigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect Roger to win this tournament, every win is a bonus! I really hope he dosen't have to play Isner, Raonic, Berdych or Del Potro in the earlier rounds.

Anyway, LET'S GO ROOOOGER!!!
Bigselber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigselber View Post
I don't expect Roger to win this tournament, every win is a bonus! I really hope he dosen't have to play Isner, Raonic, Berdych or Del Potro in the earlier rounds.
they are better protected from this kind of players ranked 24 and better in Roland-Garros than in Masters 1000 tournaments.

Raonic not earlier than R16
Berdych, Del Potro and Isner not earlier than QF

In first two rounds most dangerous are probably Nalbandian and Bellucci (maybe Ferrero or Davydenko)

In 3rd round Youzhny

EDIT : no Kohlschreiber in 3rd round considering Monfils's withdrawal gives him seed number 24

Last edited by duong : 05-24-2012 at 04:23 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
country flag Bigselber

Bigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
they are better protected from this kind of players ranked 24 and better in Roland-Garros than in Masters 1000 tournaments.

Raonic not earlier than R16
Berdych, Del Potro and Isner not earlier than QF

In first two rounds most dangerous are probably Nalbandian and Bellucci (maybe Ferrero or Davydenko)

In 3rd round Kohlschreiber or Youzhny
With Roger, everything pre semifinals are early rounds I really don't think any of the players you mentioned can trouble Federer in a slam, expecially now that he looks to be in great form For me though, the most important thing in this tournament is that Roger is healthy by the end of it !
Bigselber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Rog on facebook. Everyone Vote by leaving your comment on the photo!

Quote:
I was wondering what you thought looked better? Shall I wear white
or black socks during Roland Garros?

http://www.facebook.com/Federer

I voted for the black ones.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

That photo somehow makes me think of a senior citizen
I usually don't like black socks with shorts because it does look kind of "old man" like. But I don't mind it on Roger.

One nice thing about the white socks is he can show off how his socks stay relatively clean even though they're playing on clay.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

I feel Roger will meet Rafa in semis and lose. Only bad thing is losing points in this scenario. He is due for a really good run at Wimbledon and US Open.
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote