Nadal wax figure unveiled in London - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #31
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal wax figure unveiled in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
looks way better than the real.
definitely. It looks a lot like him but the tension in the face is missing. And not just because he's hitting a shot. He just has a scrunched up face and skin that wrinkles up easily, like a shar pei dog.
I doubt his face is that relaxed even in his sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesoleil View Post
Needs more pictures of its butt so we can compare it with the real thing :P
No, it doesn't. Even from the front we can see... the ass is WAY TOO SMALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Me too This one is hotter than the real Rafa. There's one in Madrid that is terrifying
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
New Wax Model of Rafael Nadal at Madame Tussauds of London

A wax replica of the Spanish tennis player, Rafael Nadal was put on display at London’s Madame Tussauds wax museum on Wednesday.

It took a team of stylists, sculptors, and artists four months to complete. The cost that went into it was about 236,000 US dollars.

[Liz Edwards, Madame Tussauds Spokesperson]:
"So it takes four months and a team of 20 people to make a wax figure at Madame Tussauds at a cost of about £150,000. The figure making process starts with a sculpting team looking at hundreds of photographs, they then create a clay sculpture of a figure and that takes four to six weeks, he then goes through molding, coloring, hair insertion, every single hair is individually inserted, and then the wardrobe team come in and look at his stylings."

The figure is of Nadal preparing to slice a shot with his racket.

[Liz Edwards, Madame Tussauds Spokesperson]:
"So one of the interesting things since being here is a lot of the coaches have commented that his iconic pose is actually a forehanded shot. And so what we decided to do is look at a shot where guests could interact easily with it. So though it's not an iconic shot for him, it's something that guests can replicate when they stand next to him so that's why we choose that shot."

But some argue that the figure could have been better.

[Henry, Will to Win Tennis Coach]:
"I'm just saying the stance is a little bit too upright. And in tennis you're trying to lean into your shot, so your weight's moving through the shot. I just think Rafael needs to be slightly forward and the shoulder kind of like dipping a little bit. Because you're slicing from a high to low shot, so you want to be coming down."

While standing at the nearby Regent’s Park, the life-like figure of Nadal in a tennis court brings a shock to onlookers.

Be careful not confuse who is the real ten time Grand Slam winner and Olympic gold medalist!
http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ar...of-london.html
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #33
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why they made him play his GOAT backhand slice.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #34
country flag delpiero7

delpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me too This one is hotter than the real Rafa. There's one in Madrid that is terrifying
That one looks more like Delpo when he had long hair than Nadal.
delpiero7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #35
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Amazingly well done, especially in comparison to that Djoko-abomination we saw recently.
(a request: please repost that picture )
Here to help

So which one can scare of children better?
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The wax figure is actually good looking compared to the real one.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #37
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
I wonder why they made him play his GOAT backhand slice.
Me too. It makes more sense to have sculpted his over the head follow through of a whipping topspin forehand drive: his most recognizable figure. But I understand why - it was too difficult to sculpt accurately. I have been there once and from what I remember, I think most Madame Tussaud's sculptures are static celebrities in a well-balanced pose. This one at least has a knee bend.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #38
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

its the Madame Tussauds in London - they are amazing, people should go there when they visit - its great fun.

However I hope the upcoming heatwave melts this abomination. London -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #39
country flag Dr. Frankenfed

Dr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This looks like a gay neanderthal.
Dr. Frankenfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #40
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I'll go down there on Friday evening and burn it, yeah?

Seriously though I really do want to go see this... I'm free Friday evening so will see if it's still there or what.
oh man if i lived over there i would go with a sledgehammer at night

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Here to help

that is freaking scary...looks more like almagro

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
that is freaking scary...looks more like almagro
Looks rather like a Ray Harryhausen's monster!

Chuck Norris Facts in Tennis - "Best of"!
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #44
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad, looks like he's gonna rip a single handed, left-handed backhand. That would be so awesome!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #45
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
The wax figure is actually good looking compared to the real one.
I know, right? It's too flattering. Rafa is not as pretty as that sculpture. They should have gone for more realism, imo. But I'm really impressed by how lifelike it is. At first I thought I was watching stills of the real Rafa practising.

Madame Tussauds

For the record, I do not agree with their decision to honour Rafa in this way. Surely there are many athletes more worthy than he is?

Quote:
Here to help

Wow, that's just AWFUL!
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote