Not Dating, but playing in, Paris! - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:09 AM   #211
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Dating, but playing in, Paris!

from Bob Larson's Daily Tennis column:

Men's Match of the Day
Paris - Third Round
Max Mirnyi (Q) def. Andy Roddick (1) 7-6(7-2) 6-2

Lucky for Andy Roddick the Masters Cup is played on hardcourt.

Roddick started strong in the first set, and out-aced Mirnyi. But the Beast from Belarus managed to make it to a tiebreak, and on this fast surface, his attacking game beat Roddick's baseline strategy. The American went downhill fast in the second set; even his serve started to stutter as the match went along.

Which suddenly makes the Race much, much more interesting. Roddick is still #2, but he's vulnerable. His lead over Lleyton Hewitt is a mere 33 Race points. That means that Hewitt needs only to reach the final to pass him.

And though Hewitt is in the tougher half of the draw (it started out looking easier, but now Hewitt has to face Marat Safin), even if the Australian doesn't reach the final, if he can win even one more match, then he'll go into Houston effectively tied with Roddick: Whoever lasts longer at the Masters Cup will be #2. Indeed, even if Hewitt loses the quarterfinal, he would still need to pick up only 40 points on Roddick to make #2 -- which he could do with a better result in the Round Robin, or by making the final with Roddick losing in the semifinal or before. There are lots and lots of possibilities; suffice it to say that, given the gap in points and the fact that Hewitt is still active here, we'd put the odds between them at just about even for earning the year-end #2 spot. Which in turn could translate into the #2 Australian Open seed. And while Hewitt has never done much in Melbourne, he has assuredly proved his Rebound Ace chops (titles at Adelaide 1998, 2000; Sydney 2000, 2001, 2004)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2004, 02:19 AM   #212
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm now hoping for a Hippo-Beastie final. The dynamic between those two would be fascinating. And ESPN would actually show an hour's worth of their final so that would be cool to see.

Being bored and perusing the Paris Masters website, I decided to post some of the cool photos I came across:

Now this is how Andy's abs should look

Thought this was a cool-looking shot of Hippo during a good impression of Marlon Brando

LOL. I'm sorry, I just love this shot of Andy. The look in his eyes is great. He really does look an attack dog to me here. Ruff!

This belongs in the "Unattractive Pics" thread in GM. Yuck.

There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead...

Love this over the shoulder shot of Lleyton

LOL. Tweet Tweet's gonna fly off like a fledgling.

This looks like yoga tennis.

oooh, ballet!

Oh. Yum. Ee.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #213
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

awsome pics tangy

well. when andy lost yesterday, i guess i wasnt as surprised as i normally would be, but then i started hearing about andy giving up, his bad behavior, all that crap, and that was what made me mad. but thanks for the recap of the match, fumus that makes me feel a little better that at least he is trying out new stuff and not standing a billion feet behind the baseline on the ROS. i dont think that particular match was the best time to try new stuff, but i guess knowing that is better than nothing andy is supposed to be a fighter though....im dissapointed that he just gave up
superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #214
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

i love your comments on the pics.
they are great ones by the way thanks for showing em