*** Ah Bella Roma ITALIA, ROGELIO!!! *** - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default *** Ah Bella Roma ITALIA, ROGELIO!!! ***

I'm taking the major risk here of starting the ROME thead for Rog this year.

The Clay tournament where I honestly think he played his BEST EVER CLAY MATCH in the entirity of his career - the Rome Final 2006. Man oh man, what a match that was!!!
I honestly understand if you don't agree with me there.

For now... GO NOW ROG!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Ah Bella Roma ITALIA, ROGELIO!!! ***

Now the question is... Will he play?

This is the only real information we have:
Old 05-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he pulls out, in fact I hope he will if he is suffering some injury. The important thing is to be fit for that big FO to Olympics stretch.
He may end up losing the no.2 ranking if he pulls out (maybe even if he plays), but the important thing for Fed is:
1: He is in good form and got the confidence he wanted from Madrid
2: He should be in "tip top" shape as he says for the Slams

I hope its just a passing niggle and he will be okay and does play Rome of course, but no stupid risks please Fed! But of course you already know that.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all. I know I've been away from the forum. I couldn't share my emotions about the Madrid triumph.
It's been a busy time with the managing of our small tournament but with about 200 players (men and women).
Now I'm happy because tomorrow I'm going for 2 days at the Rome tournament.
I hope Roger playes some round expetially to keep the #2 ATP and go to Paris ans #2 - it's important for the drow.

So coming back - I hope that Roger is practicing tomorrow o weansday and I hope to see him.
I haven't got the day tickets but 2 good places for the evening session. I'm hoping for his points and for me watching him.
Yeah - I know this could be one too big mistake I'm doing in my life, but I can't do any other thing else.
The important is he's healthy.
Yesterday I was so worried but as the players MUST go to the masters 1000,
I wanted to belive it was been only to create himeself the possibility on not taking part if Roger needs some more rest.

Even if Roger soesn't play as I love tennis I know I'll enjoy some players. It's better something than nothing.

So see you Thursday o Friday.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for this.

Now the season will really get heated.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he can play, but he knows better than us what is the best thing to do right now,he knows his body and has enought experience

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

will he play in Rome?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment we don't know it.
He told he's coming and if he feels recovered will play.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Karin ... please don't remind me of that Rome 2006 final ... I still haven't got over it to this day. I've convinced myself that a different story would have unfolded in the years ahead if Roger had taken those match points - one I recall in an open court that he put into the tramlines in his eagerness to finish Nadal off. Oh the heartbreak of it ...
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
country flag liverpoolshivank

liverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond reputeliverpoolshivank has a reputation beyond repute

He said he will see after 2 days how he feels but wont stress on his body.

I think that's the correct decision. But I doubt one tourney is good enough warm up for RG.

ARod|FeVer||DelPo|MilosR|Isner|Stan|SomdevD
liverpoolshivank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

"Tomorrow I travel to Rome, and play normally. The truth is that my body hurts after this tournament." - Federer

I think we should prepare for a no-show in the end.
Do take the smart decision Roger. Because I genuinely think you've got a serious shot at the next two slams the way you are playing, just be sure to be fully fit. Even if it means skipping Rome and maybe slipping back to no3.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
"Tomorrow I travel to Rome, and play normally. The truth is that my body hurts after this tournament." - Federer
Spartan!

See he was in pain but didn't reveal it. i hope he can maintain his new ranking if nothing else.
展hat a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Hello all. I know I've been away from the forum. I couldn't share my emotions about the Madrid triumph.
It's been a busy time with the managing of our small tournament but with about 200 players (men and women).
Now I'm happy because tomorrow I'm going for 2 days at the Rome tournament.
I hope Roger playes some round expetially to keep the #2 ATP and go to Paris ans #2 - it's important for the drow.

So coming back - I hope that Roger is practicing tomorrow o weansday and I hope to see him.
I haven't got the day tickets but 2 good places for the evening session. I'm hoping for his points and for me watching him.
Yeah - I know this could be one too big mistake I'm doing in my life, but I can't do any other thing else.
The important is he's healthy.
Yesterday I was so worried but as the players MUST go to the masters 1000,
I wanted to belive it was been only to create himeself the possibility on not taking part if Roger needs some more rest.

Even if Roger soesn't play as I love tennis I know I'll enjoy some players. It's better something than nothing.

So see you Thursday o Friday.
hey Luna, I'm so happy for you! Roger said he will try practicing tomorrow for sure. According to Rf.COM he went to the player's lounge today to pick up his badge. Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about your trip
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he played his BEST EVER CLAY MATCH in the entirity of his career - the Rome Final 2006. Man oh man, what a match that was
Personally I'm partial to him straight setting the Sodaking, the almighty Rafaslayer and heir to the crown of Bjorn.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

He's said he will play according to Swiss-German sources (no more information in these then I will not say more).

From what I've seen the courts are different during the day and in the evening : they were very slow (and not high bouncing) yesterday evening (slower than in Monte-Carlo) because it was freezing, in the day they were like in Roma usually.

The bounce is lower in Roma than in Monte-Carlo and RG then it might help Fed.

Berlocq beat Kavcic 6-1 6-3 then he must be in-form, he's a grinder who plays with a lot of spin and a really good (one-handed) backhand.

If Fed had to meet him in R16, I saw Monfils last week against Kohlschreiber in a very good match : he looked in good form and very motivated to me.

A semifinal here would oblige Nadal to win the tournament to get the number 2 seed. If Fed loses earlier, a final would be enough for Nadal.

Anyway, the only purpose of getting the number 2 seed in RG is being certain to avoid Djokovic in the semi (but it would be the same chance to face Nadal in the semi), and having half-a-chance that Djokovic and Nadal meet in the semis, which would be a good chance to avoid Nadal in a potential final ... if Fed can reach there
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote