President Barack Obama becomes the first in US history to endorse marriage equality. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #46
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Barack Obama becomes the first in US history to endorse marriage equali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
What an utter clown you are, Bristol

"fathers help shape their kids' worldview" Sure, where's the father of your child? Oh, that's right, he's left you, dragged your family through the mud in the tabloids, posed nude for Playboy and is now with another girl, knocked her up out of wedlock and is planning to name their child after a gun model. What a fantastic role model for little Tripp or whatever that poor kid's name is.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #47
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Barack Obama becomes the first in US history to endorse marriage equali

Sure Obama HAS to be re-elected.

Unemployment rate is at an all-time high.

His drones are killing hundreds of civilians in Afghanistan for one terrorist.

The National Defence Authorization Act 2011 opens the door for trial-free, indefinite detention of anyone the government calls terrorists.

He backed up Sarkozy's neo-colonial war in Libya, againt international laws and which liberated the Jihadist that would eventually take control of Northern Mali.

He recognized the independence of Kosovo

US debt is as high as ever. 27000$ per capita.

He bailed out banks. Money that would never go to production.

But ... he advocates gay marriage. So obviously, he has to be re-elected. That's the most important thing, you know.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #48
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

As it stands right now, Obama is almost 2:1 ahead of Romney in terms of electoral votes. Obama is the big favorite to win, now, there are a lot of policies I disagree with him on. But, at the end of the day, Romney is not the type of person who should be representing America.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #49
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

In Holland gays and lesbians have been allowed to get married since 2001.
Intorducing gay marriage didn't lead to the apocalypse, Russia didn't evade, we didn't face starvation and no children were brainwashed.
The only effect was that gays got married. And later some divorced. Just like any other marriage. In fact, I don't think anybody uses the term gay marriage anymore. It's just marriage.

The USA is a very religious country though, and religious people have a strange fascination with stuff consenting adults do in their own bedrooms. Good luck with the struggle.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #50
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
decent policy but seriously, this is just another political manouver to get more votes delivered to you by one of the pussiest presidents in the history of the USA, Barack Obama.
More votes? Please. Any liberal who seriously advocated for gay marriage wasn't going to be voting for Romney anyway, and this is more likely to alienate some of the religious-left voters who may not agree with this stance.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #51
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
As it stands right now, Obama is almost 2:1 ahead of Romney in terms of electoral votes. Obama is the big favorite to win, now, there are a lot of policies I disagree with him on. But, at the end of the day, Romney is not the type of person who should be representing America.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is not something I'm ready to accept easily. It might be a matter of honour but I can only vote for someone or a party that I fully support on the key issues. I'll never vote against somebody but for somebody. I respect anyone's opinion of course but I think it's sad to see things that way.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

It's either throw away a vote voting for someone who won't be elected, or make your vote count by voting in the candidate you may not necessarily love, but realize that the other option is simply not acceptable. The principled "I'm voting for who shares common interests" deal, I would agree with it, but in a Presidential election, it's a throw away vote. You have to make that vote count.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
country flag Echoes

For a vote to count, you have to believe that there's a true difference on the key issues between the two "favourites". I do not believe it's the case. They're both equally as unacceptable. They're both equally as warmongering (for me, not a even difference between Obama and Bush) and both equally as free-tradist/globalist (and backed up by GS) and both equally as liberticid. I think that THAT would be a throw-away vote. I can but advise against it (if you don't wanna regret it all your life. ). How many French told me "I'm gonna vote Hollande because I don't wanna see Sarkozy win" or the reverse thing, too. That's how you pretend to see an alternative every 5 or 10 years, while in actual facts, it's the same thing all over again.

A third candidate vote (whether Anderson or Paul, whatever) is a throw-away vote because he's got no chance? Yes but what makes you think so? Polls? Yeah but polls institutes are the ownership of huge companies that are obviously biased. MSM? But MSM is even more obviously biased.

In a Presidential election, there are usually a dozen candidates who are ALL equal! Otherwise it's no longer universal suffrage but censal suffrage.

By the way, if you think voting for a candidate who has no chance of winning is not worth it, than you may also stay home and abstain. I don't think vote is compulsory in your country.

Last edited by Echoes : 05-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #54
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Filo, I guess you had readed this before, but I hope you enjoy it despite this.

Quote:
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong according to Mitchell Sturges
  1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
  2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
  3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
  4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
  5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
  6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
  7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
  8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
  9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
  10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Re-post this if you believe love makes a marriage.

God is killing me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
bokehlicious, nobody will miss your over-edited 'professional' photos.
MachineGun said it right -- you overdone with computer editing. If you don't want to listen then don't post here anything. Artist, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I hate tennis
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #55
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
decent policy but seriously, this is just another political manouver to get more votes delivered to you by one of the pussiest presidents in the history of the USA, Barack Obama.

i've seen/read too much crap from him to believe what he truly thinks. as most politicians, he says what's best for him to say.
Obviously.

But Obama is a much better president than some redneck like Romney who will start a nuclear war in a flash if he thinks some yank middle eastern occupational project is in jeopardy.

Putin in power is already enough madness for this world. No need for a biggest nuclear nation in the world to have some hillbilly in power with an access to a red button.

Last edited by Topspindoctor : 05-15-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #56
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
More votes? Please. Any liberal who seriously advocated for gay marriage wasn't going to be voting for Romney anyway, and this is more likely to alienate some of the religious-left voters who may not agree with this stance.
if he's so pro gay marriage, why is he talking about it now when he's exposing his opinion in the middle of his re-election campaign?

i was never a fan of the bloke but i should admit that when i was younger i used to think that obama was deep down a good man who was restrained by the power of system. with little time i came to realize he's just another crooked politican like many others in D.C.

still, as topsindoc said, he's certainly better than rommy. then again, that's not much of a big deal...
Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #57
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Totally, but it helps the gay community in terms of acceptance, and also it exposes homophobes/homophobia. Both of these things are good. We cannot progress without having a conversation on this issue.
agreed.

if anything, obama will piss off a lot of yank bigots. that's good enough in itself, imho.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #58
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

The backlash against the gay community has already begun:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...f8859adf9ccfc2
GOP kills civil unions in Colorado special session

Gay couples who watched as Colorado lawmakers rejected a civil unions measure are taking comfort in the bill sponsor's mantra: It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when civil unions become law.

The most emotional issue — some call it divisive — at the Legislature came to an end late Monday in front of hundreds of observers at the Capitol. It was the second time within a week the bill failed. The first was after a Republican filibuster, the second during a special session.

Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper had said the second go-around was needed to address a "fundamental question of fairness and civil rights" on whether gay couples deserve rights similar to married couples.

The bill's demise during special session was expected by Democrats, who have begun using the issue as a rallying cry to topple Republicans in the November elections. Republicans assigned the bill to the House State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, which voted 5-4 along party lines to kill the measure.

"My family is the same as every one of yours," said Rep. Mark Ferrandino, the Democrats' leader in the House and a gay lawmaker who co-sponsored the civil unions bill, moments before it was defeated.

Though the ending came as no surprise, the lead-up was emotional. Two Democratic lawmakers choked up before their votes. In the audience, Marq Shafer, 31, put his hand on his partner Cody Shafer's shoulder and nervously rubbed Cody's wedding ring.

Republican Rep. Don Coram, whose son is gay, cited his reasons for voting against the measure while his wife, Dianna Coram, wiped away tears in the audience. Coram said civil unions are too similar to same-sex marriage, which Colorado voters banned in 2006. He blasted Democrats, accusing them of bringing up the issue to try to gain votes.

"The gay community is being used as a political pawn," he said.

Ferrandino rejected that argument, saying Democrats were pursuing the issue to grant gay families equal rights. He said he was optimistic that civil unions would pass eventually, and it was a matter of when, not if.

"I will tell you that 'when' keeps getting closer and closer and this will happen soon," he said.

Ferrandino said his party would "work hard to make sure the public understands what happened, the games that were played."

Republicans hold a 33-32 advantage in the House, but there was enough support for the civil unions bill to pass last week after three different committees gave their approval. The Senate had already passed the measure.

Democrats tried to force Republicans who control the calendar to bring up the bill for debate. But it became clear Republicans were filibustering by unnecessarily talking at length about other bills.

Republicans then halted work for hours, killing the bill and several others that needed a vote before a key deadline.

The regular session adjourned Wednesday, the same day an emotional Hickenlooper announced his intent to call a special session to take up civil unions and other bills that died.

More than a dozen states allow either gay marriage or civil unions, including several that moved to pass such laws this year.

The debate in Colorado is playing out at a time when President Barack Obama became the first U.S. president to publicly endorse gay marriage. But North Carolina voters last week approved a constitutional amendment that bars civil unions and defines marriage as solely between a man and a woman.

Earlier Monday, hundreds of supporters wearing red and waving signs greeted lawmakers returning to Denver for the special session.
Wiley Sherer, who was selling buttons that read "Ignorance is forgivable. Pride in ignorance never is," said she believes civil unions are "going to happen eventually."

Conservatives who argued that civil unions undermine traditional marriage portrayed the special session as a waste of taxpayer money.

After the vote, Republican House Speaker Frank McNulty said the question was not worth calling lawmakers back to Denver at taxpayer expense.

"We have more important things to worry about," McNulty said.

Civil unions would grant gay couples some rights that married couples have, including letting partners make medical decisions for each other. The protections also would enhance parental and inheritance rights.

Marq and Cody Shafer, who were married in Iowa, hugged after the vote and said civil unions in Colorado would protect their hospital visitation rights.

"We're at the mercy of a hospital in this state to say if I can be in his room when he's sick," said Cody Shafer, 33. "I'm asked to leave. I have no legal ground to stand on to go and be at his side. Our marriage isn't recognized."
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #59
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

LGBT groups evacuate buildings in bomb threat
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2012/...n-bomb-threat/

Employees working for at least 11 national LGBT organizations in Washington evacuated the two buildings in which they are housed late Tuesday morning after D.C. police informed them of a possible bomb threat.

Michael Cole-Schwartz, spokesperson for the Human Rights Campaign, said special police personnel with bomb sniffing dogs walked through the HRC building before informing HRC the building was safe a little over an hour later.

HRC is located in its own office building at 1640 Rhode Island Ave., N.W.

At the request of D.C. police, employees with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce also evacuated their offices at 729 15th St., N.W. Laura Berry, a spokesperson for the NGLCC, said police told her organization they received information of a possible threat against a national LGBT group and they were checking various buildings of LGBT groups in response to the threat.

The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and eight other LGBT groups, including the National Center for Transgender Equality and the National Stonewall Democrats, were similarly advised by D.C. police to evacuate the office building in which they rent office space at 1325 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., according to Mara Keisling, executive director of NCTE.

“We were given the all clear signal a short time later,” Keisling said. “It was a matter of being extra cautious.”

Other LGBT groups located in that building include the National Black Justice Coalition, Immigration Equality, Out for Work, and the Coalition for LGBT Health.

Cole-Schwartz said D.C. police told HRC they were alerted to a possible threat against a “national gay rights organization” from the Los Angeles Police Department. He said D.C. police did not provide further details on how L.A. police were alerted to the possible threat.

A spokesperson for Los Angeles police told they Blade they were gathering information on the incident and would provide more details later in the day.

A D.C. police spokesperson also said he couldn’t immediately provide more details other than that D.C. police were contacted about the threats at about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday.

The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund, another prominent national LGBT group in Washington, was not contacted by police to evacuate its offices, which are located on 15th Street, N.W., said Victory Fund spokesperson Denis Dison. Dison said the Victory Fund learned of the evacuation by the other groups through an email alert and contacted D.C. police to determine whether it should be concerned over a possible threat. He said police didn’t believe the Victory Fund was being targeted.

UPDATE 1: A D.C. police source said L.A. police told D.C. police the threat was made in a “very brief” call made from a pay phone, with the caller saying something to the effect of a “gay and lesbian headquarters” in Washington could be subjected to a threat.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said as a measure of extra precaution, D.C. police officials arranged for a brief evacuation of the police Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit headquarters at Dupont Circle. The GLLU offices, which are part of the Suntrust Bank building, were seached and quickly found to be safe, the source said.

The evacuation of the HRC building, located at 17th Street and Rhode Island Avenue, resulted in backed up traffic after police temporarily closed part of 17th Street and Rhode Island Avenue.

UPDATE 2: L.A.. Police issued this statement about the incident just after 4 p.m. east coast time:

“Early this morning about 8 O’clock [11 a.m. east coast time] our LAPD 911 Dispatch Center received a call from a caller who stated he was going to blow up the LGTBT building in Washington, D.C.,” the statement says. “LAPD immediately made notification to law enforcement officials in Washington, D.C. to advice them of the possible threat. We also immediately launched an investigation here into the threat since it appeared to have been generated by a local pay phone.”

L.A. police spokesperson Officer Sara Faden told the Blade L.A. police determined about 3:30 p.m. east coast time that “there appears to be no evidence to validate this possible threat, thankfully. But the investigation is ongoing.”

Faden added, “We will continue to coordinate efforts with out counterparts in Washington, D.C.”
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #60
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Sen. Rand Paul: Didn't think Obama's view 'could get any gayer'

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,7525076.story

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul remarked on President Obama's decision to publicly support same-sex marriage by saying, “Call me cynical, but I wasn’t sure his views on marriage could get any gayer.”

The comments by the Republican lawmaker from Kentucky drew big laughs at a gathering sponsored by the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition. A video became public after it was posted on the website "The Iowa Republican."

"It did kind of bother me though that he used the justification for it in a biblical reference," he continued to more laughter. "He said the biblical golden rule caused him to be for gay marriage. And I'm like what version of the Bible is he reading?...I don't know what version he's getting it from."

He continued: "Now that doesn't mean we need to be harsh and mean and hate people...But that doesn't mean that we have to go ahead and give up our traditions. We've got 6,000 years of tradition."

He said it was time for traditionalists to stand together to "save the Republic" and that the traditional family unit needed to be defended.

"The family is a really important thing. We shouldn't just give up on it," he said.

The comments -- which begin at about 5:30 minutes into the above video -- comes as the fallout continues over Obama's announcement last week that his position on same-sex marriage had evolved over the years to where he now supports full marriage rights for gays and lesbians.

The country remains divided over the issue, and there's uncertainty as to whether Obama's proclamation will hurt or help him in the November election.

Paul also earned cheers from the audience as he ticked off his antiabortion credentials.

“We’ve introduced the Life at Conception Act, the Pro-Life Act, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act, I’m also co-sponsor of the Human Life Amendment,” Paul said. “I’ve also been trying to defund Planned Parenthood. Anybody here for that?”