Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 82 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #1216
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did the Federer - Nadal rivalry strangle the game?

They are both about as interesting as watching paint drying on a wall and as a result did their domination actually turn people off?

We watch sport for shocks, underdogs stories and for the characters within the sports, yet for years until Djokovic arrived at the top of the scene with have been left with two complete bores.

Thinking about it now, how many truly interesting players are there?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #1217
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did the Federer - Nadal rivalry strangle the game?

Then you do not know anything for tennis
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #1218
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, clearly it became kind of predictable who would be making major finals when both were at or near their peak together.

Saying that they aren't/weren't interesting to watch is rather unfair. Federer's style of play is elegance and economy of movement - very pleasing on the eye; Nadal's tireless runnning and dynamism also can be exciting.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #1219
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
They are both about as interesting as watching paint drying on a wall...

2 all-time greats with opposite play-styles and you find both boring.

I guess you're just trolling/baiting.... at least I hope so...

If not then you should go to the knitting forum or something like that, maybe it suits your taste better.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #1220
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Well, clearly it became kind of predictable who would be making major finals when both were at or near their peak together.

Saying that they aren't/weren't interesting to watch is rather unfair. Federer's style of play is elegance and economy of movement - very pleasing on the eye; Nadal's tireless runnning and dynamism also can be exciting.
Not talking about their styles, rather their personalities.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #1221
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
They are both about as interesting as watching paint drying on a wall and as a result did their domination actually turn people off?

We watch sport for shocks, underdogs stories and for the characters within the sports, yet for years until Djokovic arrived at the top of the scene with have been left with two complete bores.

Thinking about it now, how many truly interesting players are there?
While I will agree with you wholeheartedly that their domination of the sport did get a little tedious at times, you cannot argue how instrumental the pair were to sparking and rekindling interest among mainstream tennis fans and observers. Commercially speaking, they have made the ATP millions and their rivalry is among the most famous not just in tennis, but sport in general. They have made casual fans of the sport into diehard followers and tards as this forum demonstrates immensely.

Personally speaking, I am tired of their matches together but they still have a lot to offer to the sport and the way it's run and governed. I am a massive fan of the underdog as well and will almost always cheer for the lower ranked player unless they are playing one of my big favourites.

And there are several interesting players out there, they are just lower ranked and not in the public spectrum and media spotlight as much.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #1222
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
While I will agree with you wholeheartedly that their domination of the sport did get a little tedious at times, you cannot argue how instrumental the pair were to sparking and rekindling interest among mainstream tennis fans and observers. Commercially speaking, they have made the ATP millions and their rivalry is among the most famous not just in tennis, but sport in general. They have made casual fans of the sport into diehard followers and tards as this forum demonstrates immensely.

Personally speaking, I am tired of their matches together but they still have a lot to offer to the sport and the way it's run and governed. I am a massive fan of the underdog as well and will almost always cheer for the lower ranked player unless they are playing one of my big favourites.

And there are several interesting players out there, they are just lower ranked and not in the public spectrum and media spotlight as much.
Very well said

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #1223
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (Did their rivalry strangle the game?

It was an overrated rivalry.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #1224
country flag StevieMardenboro

StevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal has won too many of the slam meetings for it to be a fantastic head to head rivalry. However it has been immense to watch these two giants of the game rewriting the history books with their different styles.
They have both massively enhanced the game.

My fav Fed Nadal matches would be the 07 and 08 Wimbledon finals and the 07 masters cup semi.
StevieMardenboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #1225
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute

18 >>>>>>>>> 10

Don't see a rivalry there. If they were born in the same year, Nadal would have a lot more slams. Too bad Noserer fluked so many slams in a weak era, where his main opponents were Hewitt (18-8 overall, 9-0 in slams) and Roddick (21-3, 8-0). He's also had to beat giants like Baghdatis and Gonzales in Slam finals, true GOAT this Federer.
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #1226
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, Fed couldn't play much for Davis Cup and he never wins gold in the Olympics, if there aren't doubles clown players.
Federer waved his finger because he needed luck on clay. He hoped to fool the crowd with his explanation for the finger wave "I had one more French Open match".
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #1227
country flag StevieMardenboro

StevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond reputeStevieMardenboro has a reputation beyond repute

The attempts to belittle Federer and Nadal's achievements on either side of this debate are ridiculous.

I wonder if they had the internet in the 1960s whether people would have been full of so much hate for some of the greatest players of alltime and calling each other Lavtards and Rosetards etc
StevieMardenboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #1228
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
18 >>>>>>>>> 10

Don't see a rivalry there. If they were born in the same year, Nadal would have a lot more slams. Too bad Noserer fluked so many slams in a weak era, where his main opponents were Hewitt (18-8 overall, 9-0 in slams) and Roddick (21-3, 8-0). He's also had to beat giants like Baghdatis and Gonzales in Slam finals, true GOAT this Federer.
federer is GOAT because in his prime, he made the players look like mugs, even though they were good. if you make someone look like a mug, you know you did a good job. roger's prime was really in a very strong era. One of the strongest eras ever, imo.

Dull only won 18 matches because he is a bad match up for roger. that doesn't diminish roger's achievements. dull is also a cheater, by the way.

Look at olderer now. he is challenging/beating the players in their prime (dull, djoko, mugray). he would crush them like bugs in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.

Last edited by GOATsol : 11-24-2012 at 10:51 PM.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #1229
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Nadull.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #1230
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Yet, Safin won a Slam against the mediocre 5 set player Federer, while Roddick & Hewitt faded away.
Strong 2005 era. LMAO

2 retired, not because they were satisfied with their
Slam success rate. They certainly weren't fighting very hard, unlike what Fed fans say.

LOL From 2004-2012, Roddick was so scared that he hid in Texas while most of the top 50 players went to Europe to play on clay. The reason wasn't "Fed is dominating clay". Guess which 2 players intimidated him.

Nalbandian suddenly quit during the 2006 French Open semi with Federer.
He was too unfit and afraid at age 24.
None of these weak 2004-6 players would reach a semi with Djokovic! LMAO
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote