Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #106
country flag lbj2009

lbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Implications of Federer vs Rafa 2011 AO, what does it mean for the winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king View Post
If Federer meets Rafa at the 2011 AO Final, what would it mean for the winner?

I guess if Federer beats Rafa it confirms he's better on hardcourt in the head2head as it ties the hardcourt slam head2head at 1-1 and leaves it to the non-slam results to decide, and those results favor Federer. It would also make Rafa's 2009 AO win look like an aberration blamed on a temporary slump by Federer.

If Rafa beats Federer then it gives Rafa a 2-0 lead in the hardcourt slam head2head, and while some may say Federer is past his prime it won't look that way in history because Federer won 2 slams in 2009 and a slam in 2010 and the WTF which doesn't make him look like a 'has been', especially when Federer continues to beat Murray and Djokovic more times than he loses.

So if they meet in the 2011 AO there is one scenario which is very simple and consistent which is Federer winning, and the other result would be very confusing for anyone looking at their head2head. That confusing scenario would either suggest that Rafa is beginning to raise his hardcourt game and be on the cusp of hardcourt domination (having won 2 consecutive hardcourt slams, and going deeper into the WTF than ever) or it could be accounted for by simply saying that Federer is a mental midget vs Rafa in slam Finals (as he wouldn't have beaten Rafa since 2007 Wimbledon).
If nadal wins, I think we have to put up an end to disccuss whether Roger is the GOAT. Definitely he is not,even if he won more grand slams in lacking of competitive era. He is in utter disadvantage facing his biggest rival.
lbj2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #107
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Implications of Federer vs Rafa 2011 AO, what does it mean for the winner?

It means they made the final and one of the won it.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #108
country flag lbj2009

lbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
In Rafa's case,it means a lot more then basic and endless battle against Federer and legacy their two created. Since Rod Laver no one ever hold all 4 Slams at the same time and with eventual title Rafa can still chase Borg's amazing run at Slams until the US Open at the age of 25 (they were born almost the same date)

But,if this two are goin' to meat in that final,Rafa will left all this behind and just try to do his best.. we all know how it looks in the end at Slams finals since that bloody Wimbledon 2007.
yes, I never forgot that Wimbledon 2007. Rafa suffered in big injury in 4th set. I knew it and felt his pain. If no injury, I guess Rafa won that golden trophy earler, all stuffs attributed to no stopping rain.
In my view, Rafa's tennis career always encountered lots of difficulty and misunderstanding.
Best wishes for him in his next career.
lbj2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #109
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy.. the ACC campaigns have started even earlier than last year

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #110
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj2009 View Post
yes, I never forgot that Wimbledon 2007. Rafa suffered in big injury in 4th set. I knew it and felt his pain. If no injury, I guess Rafa won that golden trophy earler, all stuffs attributed to no stopping rain.
In my view, Rafa's tennis career always encountered lots of difficulty and misunderstanding.
Best wishes for him in his next career.
And of course, you conveniently choose to forget that up to and including the 4th set, Nadal was the one playing catch-up, yet somehow you assume that Nadal would have won

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #111
country flag RoddickFan.

RoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond repute

That will not happen. Roddick will beat Rafa and prevent a Fedal final.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #112
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #113
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling Fed will lose in early round of AO.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #114
country flag Nadull_tard

Nadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I have a feeling Fed will lose in early round of AO.
I have a feeling that someone will start a clown-banning procedure. But it's only a feeling.

Career HIGHLIGHTS

2007|David Nalbandian strikes lucky to win against Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-0
2008|Mikhail Youzhny escapes Rafael Nadal 6-1 6-0
2008|Jo-Wilfried Tsonga was pushed to the edge by Rafael Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2
2009|Juan Martin Del Potro survives Rafael Nadal 6-2 6-2 6-2

BEST RESULTS ARE YET TO COME....
Nadull_tard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #115
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

It's not certain that either will reach the final.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #116
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
It's not certain that either will reach the final.
Correction. You meant to say "It's not certain that Roger will reach the final". That's OK . Happy to help
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #117
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

24-year-old No. 1 beating a 29-year-old means jack, but the Rafa Slam would be an astonishing achievement whomever he beat. 29-year-old making the final indicates weakness in the rest of Nadal's generation. Federer winning wouldn't mean much either, beyond proving once again what an amazing pleyer he is.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #118
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Correction. You meant to say "It's not certain that Roger will reach the final". That's OK . Happy to help
On recent form I think it's more likely that Nadal will miss out. Since USO, Federer only lost on Monfils (after having a shit load of MPs) and Murray

Nadal on the other hand lost to GGL, Melzer, Federer. And went into a fair few long tough games.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #119
country flag Jaz

Default Re: Will Federer end his career as Nadal's pigeon ?

2011 will sum it up, if Federer can get the upperhand on him this year for sure.

I'm not expecting Federer to play beyond 2012.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #120
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer end his career as Nadal's pigeon ?

Obviously. The guy is 29. If only he had been shitter on clay during his peak!