Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 66 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #976
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (WTF vs Olympics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
Oh yea, for sure the players want to win...some more than other depending on their country. But it's trivial in comparison to winning a grand slam...ANY grand slam. It's an exhibition...I would argue Davis Cup means much more to the players than the Olympics.

So yes even though players have cried after winning and seemingly care it's not anywhere close to being as prestigious as winning a major.

I never said he was the "best" player...I just said if Federer wins a slam without facing him along the way it's easier for him and he's the benefactor of some good luck. Him winning Wimbledon or RG without beating Nadal means less because that's his biggest rival. Imagine how much more impressive his resume would be if he was the one who beat Rafa in the final of RG or if he was able to beat him at Wimbledon and avenge the 2008 loss.

Instead when Rafa losses early or is not there due to injury you will have to ask the question could Federer have beaten Nadal? We'll never know. What I do know is that he avoided having to play his great nemesis in winning his last 3 grand slams. That's not a small coincidence.

What do the conditions have to do with anything? Now you are just stating irrelevant facts. Who cares about the conditions or the balls or the strings...all the players have these technologies to play with it's not a competitive advantage.

Again, also irrelevant that he "wore" Novak down...that's tennis, what does winning only count if a player hits 90 winners in a match? You know Novak plays counter punching retrieving style as well...LOL. He just hits the ball flatter and is opportunistic with when he hits winners(plays risky at times).

I love how I am called the biased hater. Look at your argument. You refer to Nadals style of play as "moonballing"...and call him "Nadull" how can I even take you seriously on this.

You not making any points you are just whining and coming up with excuses as to why Nadal is so great.
Conditions are the same for everyone agreed . However conditions / technologies today , are favorable to grinders and moonballers.
It's not Nadulls fault , he just ended up in the right place at the right time to take advantage of these conditions.
Just like in the 90s the conditions favored serves and ball strikers like Sampras , ivaneservic .
So u still with the double standards , fed slams are minimized because he didn't face a player to exploit his weakness.
So all of Nadulls slams that he didn't face a ball ball badger on fire is minimized , like USO 10 and probably all his slams.
No del-po, Tsonga , rosol , Soderling etc.
Both players have weakness that can be explioted

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #977
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Nadull is no bench mark for greatness off clay mate , to anyone including federer. He should win something first.

Maybe you missed it but Nadal has won the Golden Career Slam. You cannot win that when you are only good and can only win on clay.

Your hating is so pathetic

You're doing a very good job in representing the Fed fans, though
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #978
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Maybe you missed it but Nadal has won the Golden Career Slam. You cannot win that when you are only good and can only win on clay.

When was the last non clay title from Nadal again?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #979
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post

Well it was in reference to the last 2 years off clay , not career .
Novak is currently a better bench mark than nadull .
Not hating on nadull , he is good off clay but not great.

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE

Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #980
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't understand this crap of Federer's wins are tainted because he didn't play nadal that fumus is going about.

Roger can only play who is on the other side of the net.... And he says this only regarding nadal... Why?! Because nadal is the guy that gives Roger more trouble?

That means that if murray, for example, won Wimbledon against Roger his victory would be tainted because he didn't play nadal?
Surely beating Roger doens't matter since he had at the time 8-7 H2H against Roger.

The falw with H2H's is simple. The people who hang on to this, and the weak era crap theory, are desperate to bring down Roger's legacy and achievements. Since they don't have a lot of arguments to start with (Roger's resume is near flawless) they pick up his H2H against nadal.

So according to this people if Roger had missed the 4 finals at RG, for example, his resume would be better given that the H2H would be less bad against nadal. So reaching only 1 final at RG would be better than reaching 5 finals....

The kind of stupidities some haters write is just . Never cease to amaze me. Guess when you have as much sucess as Roger has had it is invitable that some trolls will appear.

I as a fan and I guess Roger as well take all the slam "tainted" victories with no problem.

Just a question, what is the value of a tainted slam? 2 tainted slams = 1 regular slam!?
So Roger has 2 legitimate slams + 15 tainted (even though, for example, he just beat the world #1 and defending champion to win wimbledon but I guess #3 is more important) so that equals 9,5 normal slams. nadal is goat no question about it.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #981
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

If we start tainting slam victories, Nadal's "fast" surface slam wins in 2010 would be so tainted, they'll create a black hole.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #982
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
For those who feel the Olympics are more prestigious because they are only held each four years - what is your take on Madrid on blue clay? That was - as it appears - once in a lifetime. So how big is that win, then?
Not the same situation. Madrid was an experimental surface but still a Masters 1000 any way you slice it. The same as US Open clay majors are held in equal standing to US Open hard court majors.

Quote:
Borg has as many majors as Nadal, without playing AO.
Don't know why you have to stipulate that Borg didn't play the AO; it was his choice not to play it. Connors has eight despite being banned from the French Open in his most dominant year. Laver also has 11, if you count his Pre-Open majors, but was banned during his peak years.

Quote:
Besides, Borg was "cheated" out of several weeks as #1 by the then incomplete ranking system. Connors got too many.
Connors' weeks at #1 should be downgraded then? Even in the near present time, weeks at #1 isn't really a true measure of someone's abilities – not with Hewitt having more weeks at #1 than Wilander, Becker and Kuerten combined. How about McEnroe with seven majors having almost double weeks at #1 than 8-slam Agassi.

Quote:
Majors are the first thing you look at. #1 (with year-end ranking) is the second. WTF and Olympics come in the 3rd category. So Federer has six 3rd category wins against Nadals one.
Is this some kind of objective measure of achievements or your own opinion?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #983
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If we start tainting slam victories, Nadal's "fast" surface slam wins in 2010 would be so tainted, they'll create a black hole.
Cakewalk path to the USO final featuring two of his best mates, one of which was exhausted by another of his best mates over 5 sets.

Ferrer also fighting for 5 hours with Soderling the round before he was due to face him at Wimbledon. Talk about doing a job for the king. Wonder how much Tio Toni gave Pics for his work at those two tournaments.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #984
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
When was the last non clay title from Nadal again?
When was the last time Federer beat Nadal at a slam again?

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #985
country flag luie

Nadull Didn't play 1 Power player en route to his 2 HC slams.

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE

Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #986
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
When was the last time Federer beat Nadal at a slam again?
Last time they both entered a slam, Fed won it. Nadal lost in what round again?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #987
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, clicked on this thread by accident.
I suspected it would be Trollsville, but it was worse than that.

Trollsville on LSD.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #988
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Fed #1 at 30, Nadull #3 at 25, possibly slipping to #4 soon
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #989
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Last time they both entered a slam, Fed won it. Nadal lost in what round again?

And the 3 times before that (including two times on hardcourt) Nadal made it further than Fed. You're not making any sense.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #990
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Fed #1 at 30, Nadull #3 at 25, possibly slipping to #4 soon

He's injured