Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 99 38.37%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.69%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.36%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.75%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.75%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.98%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.94%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.39%
Equal 4 1.55%
Federer ahead 47 18.22%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #391
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Ms/Mr Shelly would like to have us believe that every player loses every time because their opponents played at a higher level - or maybe it's only Federer that's demanded of Really curious to see a perfectly ordinary statement taken and run up some sort of imaginary flagpole
Wrong!!

Seriously...where did i say or imply this? wow u people are either too dense or too far up that guys ass to try to see reason.

tennis is not played in a vacuum. when a player loses it's usually for a combination of factors which can be apparent or hidden. not least of which is that their opponent was playing better and they were not as good on the day for whatever reason.

it's ironic that you posted this reply considering that, on this forum, the only reason that any player (read rafa or his fans) is allowed to give for any loss is that his opponent was way better than him and kicked his ass badly. yet federer was implying that "sometimes" you lose for other reasons and the fedfan slander police is out trying to defend his honour by trying to ridicule and misinterpret the post of the "big bad shelley76" who is clearly trying to malign his perfect character .

Very ironic indeed (read hippocritical)
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #392
country flag oranges
Registered User
 
oranges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,076
oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Madame Blavatsky is on a rampage
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
Truly, hell hath no fury like a tard spurned.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #393
country flag Lleyton_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,772
Lleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Another 'hippocritical' Nadaltard
Lleyton_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #394
country flag Singularity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,798
Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
i dont know. why don't we wait to find out.

what about you? how do you think you'd do?

thankfully you and i are not placed in such an unenviable position where we are constantly being judged by the whole world in every single gesture, word, action or deed. as you say what conclusions would the world arrive at with regards to us?

unfortunately, every public persona has to endure this situation. it's the price of fame or notoriety; the trade -off that each of them knows comes with the territory.

some of them say and do the right things and fare well with everyone. some...not so much.
But that's kind of the point, though. They can be better or worse at saying the 'right' (i.e the most diplomatic) things; at presenting the 'right' image, but it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on who they are in real life. You don't get to know someone by watching them make press conference statements, and I think it's pretty ludicrous people believe they can divine intimate details about someone's personal life and personality from the handful of words they used to answer a particular question, in a presser.

So frankly, I don't see why there's so much fuss made over a players' constructed media image. You don't know Nadal and you don't know Federer, and the image of them that is projected in the PR performances they do, is a fraction of who they really are.

Quote:
federer is not a bad guy or a terrible person but he DOES say some things that are objectionable and despicable. where i have a problem with him is that he is very clever in disguising it and therefore manages to suck some people in into thinking he is being charming and gracious and nice. their problem not mine!!
Except that Federer has said nothing objectionable in this case, and you haven't demonstrated otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
i don't think you read or understood my post.

please read it again and try to see exacly what part of federer's statement i was referring to and what i said about it.

i was not saying that players don't sometimes lose because they played badly. usually that is the case for whatever reason.

i was addressing the "sometimes" part of his sentence. where he grudgingly admitted that "some" of his losses were because his opponent played better than him. as if to suggest that this is not always the case and there are other reasons or excuses for his "other" losses. that is what i addressed because it is condescending. with one word he has taken credit away from "some" of the players who have managed to beat him because as the "sometimes" suggest, it wasn't because they played better than him on that day.
If it's an objective fact that players lose because they play badly, and if Federer is included as one of those players, then sometimes Federer will lose because he played badly! That's just the truth. It's not discrediting anyone to admit that.

You're saying Federer should pretend that all of his loses came because his opponent played much better than his 'normal' level?
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #395
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyton_ View Post
I get it, Nadal is genuine, Federer is fake and you're completely unbiased
Finally!! someone who got what i was saying!!

Whew.. i was beginning to despair, thinking everyone on here replying, so ridiculously, to my post where all idiots with no comprehension skills.

Yes!! you got it spot-on!! once more my faith in humankind has been restored!
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #396
country flag Guy Haines
Registered User
 
Guy Haines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,601
Guy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Madame Blavatsky is on a rampage
Madame Blavatsky!
I'm here to announce the marriage of shelley76 and Magician. Opposites attract.
Guy Haines is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #397
FedFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 847
FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Roger should concentrate on himself and his tennis. The one that has tremendously profited from this so called friendship is Nadal.

Despite all the talk about the friendship Nadal will continue his gamesmanship on court even against his buddy, if necessary.
FedFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #398
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User
 
ShotmaKer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Snoozing in the lair
Age: 28
Posts: 9,572
ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
hey! whatever floats your boat. not trying to sway you or anyone else here. just telling you my impressions of him.

i do believe he and rafa have a good relationship going and that he genuinely likes him but that still doesn't stop him from talking crap in public which is kinda sad because i believe he is inately a nice guy.

my cousin put it succinctly when i asked her what she thinks about Roger. she said "that guy should just shut up! seriously.. stop talking because everytime he opens his mouth i'm thinking - what a jerk!"

i was shocked because i thought i was the only one who was picking up his BS.

my sister and i have a running joke going now. its called "what the hell is roger federer saying now?" we find that guy totally hilarious and ROTFL when he interjects his little gems into his speeches or, so called, "compliments". so funny!

piratesswoop
Says the person who runs around the forum defending Rafa from his haters. Yeah you're not any better than them. Just shut up.
__________________
Current: 2 x Dunlop Aerogel 4D 100 16x19 90" 342g 10 pts HL | Signum Pro Hyperion @ 55 * 59 lbs
Racquet barn: 2 x Dunlop M-Fil 300 - 1 x Prince Exo3 Rebel 95 - 1 x Völkl PB 10 Mid - 2 x Wilson Ultra Pro 95 BLK | Oncoming: Angell Custom TC 95 18x20 330g 10 pts HL 27.25"


instagram.com/ballstriker
Y'all are gobbling like a confused turkey !
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #399
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Actually I was referring to Arkulari as the Fedal gloryhunter but this response is far more hilarious than anything she would have typed

Funny you have such perception abilities but cannot seem to understand that Nadull doesn't mention his post-loss injuries and illnesses off hand but specifically to relieve the pressure off of himself and excuse the loss in his mind. Out of everyone on the ATP tour, Nadull is probably the least subtle and intelligent, his "mind games" like never being the favorite for anything and lavishly praising Fed after beating him don't take a psychic like you to figure out

Also you sound like you're a hair's breadth away from stalking Nadull and taking pictures of him in the shower Maybe U should find a nice boyfriend at home rather than pining for some tennis clown on TV
Sorry.. my bad.

my response to what you said still stands though.

if he doesn't say it out loud OR TO ANYONE EVER then it is not canon and therefore cannot be used by you or anyone else to malign him because of your weird imaginings of what you think is in his mind (and people are calling me psychic).

if this is what you think rafa is doing, then you are obviously wrong about his intelligence as he is clearly quite intelligent to be pulling this off because everyone who has actually met rafa, and most people who haven't, think he is a humble and gracious young man un-like no one else. "mind games"... successful...YEAH!!

As for the last part, i think i can also say the same about you with regards to Rafa.

reading your posts here i have always felt that you were kind of strangely obsessed with him. bordering on stalkerish. one point i was actually fearful for his life as you sounded like you had a nadal shrine room somewhere with a nadal picture wall.

Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? (i could,just the same, need to get a girlfriend. never make assumptions about people's sexuality on an internet forum).

Last edited by shelley76 : 01-15-2011 at 03:53 PM.
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #400
country flag JayR
Registered User
 
JayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Where The Singlehanders Roam...
Posts: 20,090
JayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond reputeJayR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Haines View Post
Madame Blavatsky!
I'm here to announce the marriage of shelley76 and Magician. Opposites attract.


And their vows will be concluded by readings from The Secret Doctrine.
JayR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #401
country flag solowyn
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,655
solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Haines View Post
Madame Blavatsky!
I'm here to announce the marriage of shelley76 and Magician. Opposites attract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? (i could,just the same, need to get a girlfriend. never make assumptions about people's sexuality on an internet forum).
Totally scoping each other out.
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #402
country flag oranges
Registered User
 
oranges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,076
oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Haines View Post
I'm here to announce the marriage of shelley76 and Magician. Opposites attract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solowyn View Post


Totally scoping each other out.
Spot on
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
Truly, hell hath no fury like a tard spurned.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #403
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,183
l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
I am not buying it Feddy. Being civil off court does not equal strong friendship.
I don't think I would class it a strong friendship, but I do think it's more than just being civil to each other. They seem to genuinely get on well.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #404
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Funny, I would think that you are the one who is deliberately obfuscating and misinterpreting what Fed says... and attributing all sorts of rubbish undertones, but that's your problem, not mine
This would suggest that i am purposefully trying to find ways to read bad things into what federer is saying. not the case.

As i stated many posts ago, I tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but when he continued to word the things he was saying in such a way that his compliments were off-hand or condescending, i gave up trying.

Now I just really dislike him because he does it nearly everytime. He can't help himself. One of his recent ones is where he complimented rafa about his good playing then ended the statement with "me as well". REALLY? WHO SAYS THAT? I don't hate him though because all in all he is an ok guy.

I am not inventing these undertones or sometimes obvious insults, they are there if you would just remove your fingers from your ears long enough to hear them or remove your rose- tinted glasses from your eyes long enough to see them. Up to you
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #405
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Madame Blavatsky is on a rampage
hello apples? oranges? plums?... or whatever your name is

sorry! forgot all about you.

where were we again?

Oh right!!....you were posting humourless, unwitty crap; believing strongly that you are so clever and i was completely ignoring you .

back to doing that now
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios