Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 103 39.31%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 25 9.54%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 7.25%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 20 7.63%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 6.87%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 5 1.91%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.38%
Equal 4 1.53%
Federer ahead 47 17.94%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #376
country flag barbadosan
Registered User
 
barbadosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barbados - land of sand, sea, sun & sex
Posts: 7,244
barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
But that's perfectly true! Sometimes a player does lose because he played badly. I don't see how you could really argue otherwise.

Federer's point is that he can't always be expected to have a higher level than his opponent and just because his opponent won doesn't mean there was anything in particular wrong with his game - as often defeat comes because his opponent simply executed better on the day. There can only be one winner after, all.
Ms/Mr Shelly would like to have us believe that every player loses every time because their opponents played at a higher level - or maybe it's only Federer that's demanded of Really curious to see a perfectly ordinary statement taken and run up some sort of imaginary flagpole
__________________
Chris Kuerten's theme song (with a nod to Nat King Cole)

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #377
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Federer admitting he was defeated by the better player on the day was never the problem. It's always been Nadull who comes up with phantom injuries, sicknesses, and bs excuses for his losses. Not surprising though to see a Fedal gloryhunter letting Nadull take credit for Federer's grace and humility
Hi, The Madician. Now, u didn't refer to me by name, but i'm assuming u r referring to me from the tone of ur post so i'll answer to it/u as follows:

1. Nadal is a top athlete, playing a very demanding sport in a very physical manner at a very consistent level. If u think his injuries are "phantom" then u r an even bigger moron than I thought. Also that boy has NEVER used injuries or illnesses as an excuse for ANY of his losses. That is a "phantom" perception attributed to him. Brought on by idiot posters like u on this forum in response to honest and factual analyses of some of his losses by a few of his fans on here.

2. Federer, with the use of the word "sometimes", managed to grudgingly admit that he MAY have been beaten by the better player on the day in SOME of his losses. Thereby implying that he was the better player in his other losses and he therefore lost due to other factors...you know . This just came off as condescending and arrogant. U don't have to see this as i'm not trying to persuade u. I know u have already drank the federer kool-aid. too late to save u now.

3. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should u EVER refer to me as a Fedal fan. this suggests that I am a federer fan which I certainly AM NOT. For the sake of his tennis I hoped I could be because he is a great player but his personality is such a big turn off that I can do nothing but dislike that guy. Plus i find his style of play and demeanour on court quite boring regardless of his great shotmaking. Just my preference.

Where u r confused is that I can actually dislike a player and still be respectful towards him and credit him with his accomplishments fairly. Foreign concept, i know but try it .

4. I am a Rafael Nadal fan through and through. I have been this way since that 2008 Wimbledon final and I will remain so forever. Regretfully late to the Rafa party i know but better late than never. I am NO gloryhunter. I have been his fan through great victories and horrible defeats and I have no intention of jumping ship when things go bad. EVER.

Rafa is a true champion and a spectacular human being. i don't have to give him someone else's humility and grace to justify my fandom (where exactly did i do this ). he has these qualities in spades; all on his own which is remarkable in someone so young. He is an inspiration to all . Your guy could learn a thing or two from him . Maybe some of it will rub off since they have been hanging out a bit more lately !!

Your play .
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #378
country flag luie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 44
Posts: 3,516
luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Nadal: rivalry with Federer has forged a turkey.

next

Nadull saying ---Fed is favorite & GOAT
Thinking -- I own his a**.
Why do they have to play tennis indoors.

Fed saying---nadull is a great player,constantly improving.
Thinking He is a onedimensional moonballer.
Why did they slow down the grass.
__________________
The law of nature,only the strong survive.




THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #379
country flag barbadosan
Registered User
 
barbadosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barbados - land of sand, sea, sun & sex
Posts: 7,244
barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
Hi, The Madician.

2. Federer, with the use of the word "sometimes", managed to grudgingly admit that he MAY
have been beaten by the better player on the day in SOME of his losses. Thereby implying that he was the better player in his other losses and he therefore lost due to other factors...you know . This just came off as condescending and arrogant. U don't have to see this as i'm not trying to persuade u. I know u have already drank the federer kool-aid. too late to save u now.
This provides a solid example of a saying in these parts: "When goat dung want to roll, it will roll uphill"
__________________
Chris Kuerten's theme song (with a nod to Nat King Cole)

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #380
country flag solowyn
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,655
solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
Hi, The Madician. Now, u didn't refer to me by name, but i'm assuming u r referring to me from the tone of ur post so i'll answer to it/u as follows...
Someone pass the puke bucket.
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #381
Shirogane
Registered User
 
Shirogane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: France
Posts: 3,021
Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post

Nadull saying ---Fed is favorite & GOAT
Thinking -- I own his a**.
Why do they have to play tennis indoors.

Fed saying---nadull is a great player,constantly improving.
Thinking He is a onedimensional moonballer.
Why did they slow down the grass.


__________________


David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H. Herbert


Shirogane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #382
country flag Apemant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,444
Apemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
actually, note carefully the "sometimes" at the beginning of the sentence.

the connotation here is that he is not always beaten for this reason. "sometimes" other things caused his defeat. you know- like mentally weakened, injured, mono, poor light etc.
... which is 100% correct, as far as I'm concerned.

Are you going to deny that? If I was Roger, I would actually say 'rarely' instead of 'sometimes'.
__________________
...
Apemant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #383
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehander View Post
Is this how you analyze everybody around you? Oh my god... what a loser lol get a life
what part of my post led to this generalisation from you? i simply posted my impression of how federer comes off to me in the things he says. how did everybody become involved .

i always find it hilarious when someone who has thousands of posts on a forum, amassed over a period of months or years where he/she is continually kissing some guy's ass whom they probably have never met and will probably never meet because they are incable of leaving their mother's basement, find it necessary to inform another poster that they are losers who should get a life .

physician heal thyself
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #384
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
I wonder if you conducted 5 zillion press conferences over the next 7 years, and we analysed every single word and phrase of yours, what conclusions we'd arrive at.
i dont know. why don't we wait to find out.

what about you? how do you think you'd do?

thankfully you and i are not placed in such an unenviable position where we are constantly being judged by the whole world in every single gesture, word, action or deed. as you say what conclusions would the world arrive at with regards to us?

unfortunately, every public persona has to endure this situation. it's the price of fame or notoriety; the trade -off that each of them knows comes with the territory.

some of them say and do the right things and fare well with everyone. some...not so much.

federer is not a bad guy or a terrible person but he DOES say some things that are objectionable and despicable. where i have a problem with him is that he is very clever in disguising it and therefore manages to suck some people in into thinking he is being charming and gracious and nice. their problem not mine!!

personally, if i was a public person, i would hope to conduct myself in at least a quarter of the way that Rafa does. he is actually humble and kind and gracious. and i don't think it's fake or manufactured. based off candid, individual, random reports, i think it's who he really is.
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #385
country flag Lleyton_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,772
Lleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

I get it, Nadal is genuine, Federer is fake and you're completely unbiased
Lleyton_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #386
country flag The Magician
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,513
The Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond reputeThe Magician has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
Hi, The Madician. Now, u didn't refer to me by name, but i'm assuming u r referring to me from the tone of ur post so i'll answer to it/u as follows:

1. Nadal is a top athlete, playing a very demanding sport in a very physical manner at a very consistent level. If u think his injuries are "phantom" then u r an even bigger moron than I thought. Also that boy has NEVER used injuries or illnesses as an excuse for ANY of his losses. That is a "phantom" perception attributed to him. Brought on by idiot posters like u on this forum in response to honest and factual analyses of some of his losses by a few of his fans on here.

2. Federer, with the use of the word "sometimes", managed to grudgingly admit that he MAY have been beaten by the better player on the day in SOME of his losses. Thereby implying that he was the better player in his other losses and he therefore lost due to other factors...you know . This just came off as condescending and arrogant. U don't have to see this as i'm not trying to persuade u. I know u have already drank the federer kool-aid. too late to save u now.

3. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should u EVER refer to me as a Fedal fan. this suggests that I am a federer fan which I certainly AM NOT. For the sake of his tennis I hoped I could be because he is a great player but his personality is such a big turn off that I can do nothing but dislike that guy. Plus i find his style of play and demeanour on court quite boring regardless of his great shotmaking. Just my preference.

Where u r confused is that I can actually dislike a player and still be respectful towards him and credit him with his accomplishments fairly. Foreign concept, i know but try it .

4. I am a Rafael Nadal fan through and through. I have been this way since that 2008 Wimbledon final and I will remain so forever. Regretfully late to the Rafa party i know but better late than never. I am NO gloryhunter. I have been his fan through great victories and horrible defeats and I have no intention of jumping ship when things go bad. EVER.

Rafa is a true champion and a spectacular human being. i don't have to give him someone else's humility and grace to justify my fandom (where exactly did i do this ). he has these qualities in spades; all on his own which is remarkable in someone so young. He is an inspiration to all . Your guy could learn a thing or two from him . Maybe some of it will rub off since they have been hanging out a bit more lately !!

Your play .
Actually I was referring to Arkulari as the Fedal gloryhunter but this response is far more hilarious than anything she would have typed

Funny you have such perception abilities but cannot seem to understand that Nadull doesn't mention his post-loss injuries and illnesses off hand but specifically to relieve the pressure off of himself and excuse the loss in his mind. Out of everyone on the ATP tour, Nadull is probably the least subtle and intelligent, his "mind games" like never being the favorite for anything and lavishly praising Fed after beating him don't take a psychic like you to figure out

Also you sound like you're a hair's breadth away from stalking Nadull and taking pictures of him in the shower Maybe U should find a nice boyfriend at home rather than pining for some tennis clown on TV
The Magician is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #387
country flag shelley76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 187
shelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
But that's perfectly true! Sometimes a player does lose because he played badly. I don't see how you could really argue otherwise.

Federer's point is that he can't always be expected to have a higher level than his opponent and just because his opponent won doesn't mean there was anything in particular wrong with his game - as often defeat comes because his opponent simply executed better on the day. There can only be one winner after, all.
i don't think you read or understood my post.

please read it again and try to see exacly what part of federer's statement i was referring to and what i said about it.

i was not saying that players don't sometimes lose because they played badly. usually that is the case for whatever reason.

i was addressing the "sometimes" part of his sentence. where he grudgingly admitted that "some" of his losses were because his opponent played better than him. as if to suggest that this is not always the case and there are other reasons or excuses for his "other" losses. that is what i addressed because it is condescending. with one word he has taken credit away from "some" of the players who have managed to beat him because as the "sometimes" suggest, it wasn't because they played better than him on that day.
shelley76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #388
country flag barbadosan
Registered User
 
barbadosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barbados - land of sand, sea, sun & sex
Posts: 7,244
barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley76 View Post
i dont know. why don't we wait to find out.

what about you? how do you think you'd do?

thankfully you and i are not placed in such an unenviable position where we are constantly being judged by the whole world in every single gesture, word, action or deed. as you say what conclusions would the world arrive at with regards to us?

unfortunately, every public persona has to endure this situation. it's the price of fame or notoriety; the trade -off that each of them knows comes with the territory.

some of them say and do the right things and fare well with everyone. some...not so much.

federer is not a bad guy or a terrible person but he DOES say some things that are objectionable and despicable. where i have a problem with him is that he is very clever in disguising it and therefore manages to suck some people in into thinking he is being charming and gracious and nice. their problem not mine!!

personally, if i was a public person, i would hope to conduct myself in at least a quarter of the way that Rafa does. he is actually humble and kind and gracious. and i don't think it's fake or manufactured. based off candid, individual, random reports, i think it's who he really is.
Funny, I would think that you are the one who is deliberately obfuscating and misinterpreting what Fed says... and attributing all sorts of rubbish undertones, but that's your problem, not mine
__________________
Chris Kuerten's theme song (with a nod to Nat King Cole)

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #389
country flag Roddickominator
Registered User
 
Roddickominator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 1,960
Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

It's bad for the game that the 2 top players are such great friends. Similar to Djokovic and Murray as well. A true competitor can respect his rivals....but they should have a deep fire that fuels them to destroy their rival at the same time, too intense for true friendship and buddying around off court.

Look at Sampras/Agassi for instance. Even in a charity event years after their retirement, they cannot stand to be around each other for very long without the fire becoming ignited again. Those guys were true competitors.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #390
country flag rofe
Registered User
 
rofe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,783
rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivalry with Nadal has forged stronger friendship, says Federer

I am not buying it Feddy. Being civil off court does not equal strong friendship.
__________________
Need ideas for a new signature...
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios