Munich SF: Kohlschreiber def. Lopez 6-2 6-7 (4) 6-4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Munich SF: Kohlschreiber def. Lopez 6-2 6-7 (4) 6-4

Entertaining match Kohli was outstanding in the 1st set. The second well lots of break chances but couldn't convert and LaLo played a better tiebreaker.

Thankfully Kohli didn't mentally go away and broke once. Now he has the chance to claim his 2nd Munich title.

Always good when LaLo loses.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Munich SF: Kohlschreiber def. Lopez 6-2 6-7(4) 6-4

OK match from Kohli, but the reality is Feli was not good today, his baseline game was not where it needed to be and his backhand was ineffective and inefficient, both when he hit through it and the slice. He came from behind in several service games in the second set and saved two MPs at *5-6. He fought hard at the end of the second set and was able to take it in the end with good serving.

The first set was one-way traffic after a shaky start from Kohli, and third set was decent from the German as he mostly dominated on serve, and continued to be the clear better player from the baseline. Feli's serve made the match closer than it probably should have been, he competed very well the end of the final two sets and had 30-0 on return the final game of the match, but it wasn't enough to take the victory.

Kohli was slightly above average overall. Decent performance, but not great and not enough to win the title tomorrow.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Munich SF: Kohlschreiber def. Lopez 6-2 6-7(4) 6-4

Enjoyed watching this. Kohlschreiber should have won this in straights but apparently enjoyed staying around on the court a little longer.
Best of luck in the final Kohli!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Munich SF: Kohlschreiber def. Lopez 6-2 6-7 (4) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Always good when LaLo loses.
You're all just jealous of LaLo's beauty!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

Great Match from kohli and some great recovery after that disapointing end of the 2nd set!
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kohli was dominant, saved tons of BPs and didn't lose his mind in the final game 0-30 the only relevants errors arrived in the tie and it cost him the set.
really should have been a 6-2 6-3
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
country flag Ashlar77

Ashlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond repute

Feli, you played some terrible tennis today.
Ashlar77 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlar77 View Post
Feli, you played some terrible tennis today.
yesterday as well but he was facing Tomic...
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I like Feli a ton, but with how he played, it would have been a shame if he won over Kohli, especially given the German factor. He was pretty brutal. I expected him to come out firing and take it to Philipp. Kohli showed a lot of mental strength in the third set hanging in and saving the 0-30 in the final game. Now he has to do that in tournaments outside of Germany.

Kohli does have the H2H advantage over Cilic. So if he steps it up just a bit he can definitely take the title. I hope he does it
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Great match, highly enjoyable. Good luck tomorrow Kohli
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

Now take the title please
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kohli again performing well on home soil
Take the title
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Lopez was serving like Karlovic on a good day the last two matches. Today, only in the 2nd set.

Kohl's serve is _really_ good this season. Might be enough to build his confidence, get him back to top25.

Edit: actually, just looked at rankings, he's 26 if he loses the final, 24 if he wins it (highest ranked German). He could hit a career high quite soon (22).
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
You're all just jealous of LaLo's beauty!
This

Great job from Kohli
Delish Delish still happy that you got another solid week
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Phew!