~***Mutua Madrid Open 2012***~ Vamos Rogelio!!: Campeón de Madrid :bowdown: - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #16
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~***Mutua Madrid Open 2012***~ Vamos Rogelio!!

Quote:
Federer has no fear of big blue in Madrid

Scott Williams, Sapa-AFP | 06 May, 2012

Roger Federer of Switzerland reacts during a training session at the Madrid Open in Madrid May 4, 2012. The traditional red clay surface will be replaced with a blue one for the first time in the tournament's history, according to the tournament organizers
Image by: Andrea Comas / REUTERS

Blue clay courts at the Madrid Masters holds no fear for former champion Roger Federer, with the confident Swiss insisting on Sunday that he will be ready for any conditions when he begins play in the second round.

Federer, the third seed and 2009 champion who beat Rafael Nadal to lift that title, has had two days of training on the experimental — and controversial — blue courts laid down at the Caja Magica.

But game day and practise sessions are two completely different situations, with the calm Swiss not stressing about what he might find in the heat of battle on the unorthodox surface.

“I’ve played on it for two days, but not on Centre court,” said Federer, back on the ATP after more than five weeks of holiday rest and training. “It feels a bit different than regular clay, maybe it’s the visual aspect.

“It’s been cool and rainy so far here, it will be interesting to see how it is in hot and nice weather.

“There is still some waiting to do and matches are quite a bit different than practises. I have to wait for my match to come around to give a proper opinion.”

Federer will play against the winner from a high-voltage opening round tie between Argentine hard-man David Nalbandian and Canadian serving sensation Milos Raonic.

The Swiss said that the jury is still out on the blue-clay plan put into action by the tournament’s billionaire impresario Ion Tiriac, the man who brought runway models onto court as ball girls in another experiment which has paid public relations dividends for the ATP-WTA Masters 1000.

Nadal, by contrast, has been complaining for weeks about the initiative, blaming the ATP for allowing its former CEO Adam Helfant to quietly approval the plan without consulting the board.

The Spaniard has been playing the tennis tradition card - usually the one dealt to Federer on most issues — by lamenting the change in colour.

Federer said that judgement has yet to be made.

“Does the younger generation need blue clay in order to get excited about tennis,” asked the 30-year-old world number three. “I don’t know as I’ve not spoken to thousands and thousands of kids about it.

“We’ll soon hear the echoes from this week from players, fans and media. A close look will be taken once this is done so that a decision can be made for the next years after this test of the blue clay.”

The 16-time Grand Slam champion who won six of eight events from late in 2011 through Indian Wells in mid-March, is confident of his form heading into the pre-French Open major in Madrid.

“I feel good about my chances of playing well over the next few months,” he said, “But I’m coming back onto clay in the home of Rafa, who has been so dominant in this surface for so many years.

“I have a big task ahead of me, But my focus is to get through my tough draw and get on a roll again. I’m happy and excited to be playing again.

“I had a long time off, but I needed it because I’ve played so much recently, We’ve got a lot on our plates coming up so I want to be fresh in the mind and with the body to aim for the big goals that I have.”
http://www.sportlive.co.za/tennis/20...blue-in-madrid

ps. Mods, can you pin this thread to the top please
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #17
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

crap. Roger's draw looks as bad as IW. Moonballer's draw
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
crap. Roger's draw looks as bad as IW.
What's worse is that :

- he comes from many weeks off

- he will not have an easy first round for practice against Kudla before facing Raonic (or Nalbandian) : will face him at once

- it will be his first match on clay this year, and first one on this blue clay

- Raonic or Nalbandian will have played one match on this court before

- for second round, if he's fit Bellucci may be tougher on clay than on hardcourt (Gasquet didn't look good in Estoril)

Very tough indeed

PS : I think for once this time it's Djokovic who has the easiest draw, not Nadal
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #21
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
What's worse is that :

- he comes from many weeks off

- he will not have an easy first round for practice against Kudla before facing Raonic (or Nalbandian) : will face him at once

- it will be his first match on clay this year, and first one on this blue clay

- Raonic or Nalbandian will have played one match on this court before

- for second round, if he's fit Bellucci may be tougher on clay than on hardcourt (Gasquet didn't look good in Estoril)

Very tough indeed

PS : I think for once this time it's Djokovic who has the easiest draw, not Nadal
you know what I welcome a tough draw Roger has to be pushed I'd hate for him to have an easy draw and walk into RG with little tough match practise
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #22
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
you know what I welcome a tough draw Roger has to be pushed I'd hate for him to have an easy draw and walk into RG with little tough match practise
Ditto, hope he meets Nalby i first match and gets a good workout. Not much tournaments before RG and it would be good if he gets some good matches under his belt.

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I'm back. It's been a very tough and eventful week.
It finisches on sunday with the end of a tournamenti I'm managing at the tennis club.
I'm really down by the fatigue but it's a fashinating job we've done.
And here you are this nice present:

17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

meh I hate that roger will face Raonic in the first round. I can see a loss. That serve in the altitude of Madrid.... :/
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #26
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~***Mutua Madrid Open 2012***~ Vamos Rogelio!!: R2 vs. Raonic Wednesday

This is a very tough round.
He's back after so many time, and Raonich is growing up day by day and he has played many matches and comes out also from a good time beating Murray.

Federery is plaing tomorrow the 2ond evening match.

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #27
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~***Mutua Madrid Open 2012***~ Vamos Rogelio!!: R2 vs. Raonic Wednesday

Tomorrow we all can finally watch Federer live again It was really a very very long time without him, glad that he comes back now.

Though I'm still worried about his 1st match against Raonic. He will be very tough to break in these conditions and we all saw last year against Lopez in Fed's 1st match in Madrid, how he can struggle there, esp. against big servers (remember that missed smash by Feli in the final set TB )
BUT, and that but is important, in reality his draw won't be that hard after that.

In R3, he would meet either Gasquet or Troicki. The first one has played like 5 matches during the last 6 days, two of them being about three hours long. He would surely have nothing left in the tank for another two matches. And Troicki is very very muggy atm, nothing more to say actually.
Quarters, well, Ferrer and Almagro are good clay courters, but the fact that especially Ferrer can't hurt him and this is fast clay, he should come through that as well. Almagro would probably be a bit tougher but he isn't in his best form.
In the semis it will get tough anyway, you can't expect to have a mug opponent there, that isn't happening at a Masters. But Novak didn't impress in his 1st match, so Federer surely won't be without a chance there.

LET'S HOPE FOR A GOOD TOURNAMENT! GOOD LUCK FED

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #28
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Fed will win the hole thing if he survives tonight's match . Big IF tbh...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #29
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
If he's out in first round playing a big server like Raonic on this quick surface, he will get no rhythm at all

IF he beats Raonic, things will look fine (Bellucci out is good, Gasquet played well but Bellucci looked much more dangerous : when he played well, he was outplaying Gasquet) and he will have a good chance in this tournament : the surface is quite good for him.

Anyway, even if he loses early, it's not damn important since important things will come later in reality, in the beginning I was even in favour of him missing Madrid anyway

But it's unbelievable how unlucky he's been with the draws for 2 years
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
country flag SUKTUEN

Allez Roger!!