Madrid or Prague? Locals and former tourists, advice? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Madrid or Prague? Locals and former tourists, advice?

Okay, so we're planning a family trip. (My parents, myself (29), my sister (27) and my brother (17). It's been years since we went abroad as a family. I was doing tennis trips to London and NY, my sister did Barcelona and Paris and my parents basically been all over.

The choices narrowed down to Prague and Madrid. I've actually been to Prague once, for a day, when I was 16 (Part of the school trip to learn about the holocaust), and I remember it as beautiful, but I don't know if we'll have enough to do there for 4-5 days.

Madrid sort of interests me more, but my mother sold on Prague. I want to convince her otherwise.

Trip planned for July. I'll actually try to make sure it's early July, so I wouldn't miss the Olympics.

So, talk museums/food/shopping/sight-seeing to me. Apperantly, in Madrid there's an art Festival called veranos de la villa? Does anyone know anything about that?

Last edited by Or Levy : 05-04-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid or Prague? Locals and former tourists, advice?

One day and a half is enough for Prague. So, I would advise you to go to Madrid, there's more to see there.

Make a day trip to Toledo, it's worth it.

Also the number 1 sports attraction is the Real Madrid museum with a tour of the Santiago Bernabeu stadium and its facilities, great stuff and much better than their rivals Barcelona's museum.

For shopping, go to El Corte Inglés (if it's still around ), it's a department store chain.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

ive only been to madrid. it was ok. museums are a bit of a bore but they have some great taverns.

i'd choose prague in a heartbeat
Old 05-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

prague-vienna-bratislava-cracow (or budapest) trip is fine for 4-5 days

that's if you want to see the cities with great atmosphere (prob except bratislava, ruined by communism) and not hang in the museums or sit on a football stadium

all these cities are close and easily seen one day for each, and except bratislava they belong to the most beautiful in europe. except vienna they are all cheap. budapest and bratislava are very cheap (cracow city centre can be expensive but there is also a district with kosher food restaurants, most expensive in cracow )

on a side note i think these days in madrid there are even more gypsies than in bratislava and budapest combined

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote