What things are unique about your city? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default What things are unique about your city?

I had a great day today, I went to Starbucks with my best friend Marty and then I went to Lowes and bought some awesome tiles for my house. Which may not sound like fun but it's cool to think about how much better your house will look with new features.

Anyway, today made me realize that my city has two features that make me love it so much:

1) We're #3 in tattoos per capita in the US.

2) We're in the top 15 of most gays per capita in the US.

So, obviously, being a sort of alternative-gay guy myself, I love these two things! My city is really artsy, it has a young median age because it's a college town. It's a melting pot, because you have the country boys from the county, the hipsters, the regular joes, the rich preps.

Anyway, enough about me. What is unique about the cities you live in? Is there a certain statistic that you lead in, that others wouldn't know of? Is there something unique about the houses? Is your city the homeplace of famous people/famous business/famous school/etc.? Answer up!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What things are unique about your city?

I know someone from Virginia who hates it. They say its bad because half the state thinks they are deep deep southern while the other half think they are uppidy northerners.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
I know someone from Virginia who hates it. They say its bad because half the state thinks they are deep deep southern while the other half think they are uppidy northerners.
That's true, but that's also what makes Richmond great because it's a combination of these two things

NOVA, Northern Virginia, is basically another state. And they look down on the rest of Virginia. A lot of people from DC and NYC have moved to NOVA, also Richmond. The rest of the state is definitely extremely red, very country. My aunt and her partner live in Farmville and the city is a lot more condensed and there is a ton of open space, very country.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
country flag bleu_cheese

bleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond repute

We have fistulated cows.

Gasquet-Gulbis-Cilic-Dolgopolov-Stebe-Glasspool
Haase-Del Potro-Wawrinka-Kavcic-Giraldo-Berankis

My blog, not about tennis, though...
bleu_cheese is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can easily walk from one end of the city to the other in fourty minutes. In other words – the dodgy areas rub shoulders with the rest of the city – and I would go as far as to say that you’re never far from somebody shooting up heroin.
From here: http://photito.wordpress.com/2011/02...o-heroin-city/

I've lived in Oslo since 1994 and can vouch for this. In my previous neighborhood (which isn't downtown or even located centrally) I personally came across (and had to report) two instances of heroin-related deaths. Drugs are everywhere.

Not really "unique" by anybody's standards (and as such probably irrelevant to this thread), but the first thing to drop into my mind when I saw your headline, as sad as that is.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

Last edited by kinski76 : 05-05-2012 at 02:04 AM.
kinski76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

I am allowed to get my llama drunk without the authorities trying to arrest me.

Ajde

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto is the raccoon capital of North America. There are estimates that over 100 raccoons reside in every square kilometre.

It's 2:30 am and as I'm typing this there are two raccoons screeching and screaming at the top of their lungs in a tree alongside the visitor parking lot of to my building. I was already awake, but by the lights coming on in other building apartments, it seems they were loud enough to wake up some people. I think they're screwing.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Smallest city in the world to have a rapid transit system

International Olympic Committee Headquarters
Court of Arbitration for Sport Headquarters
International Hockey Federation Headquarters
International Table Tennis Federation Headquarters
Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) The World Air Sports Federation
Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) The international governing body for equestrian
Fédération Internationale des Sociétés d'Aviron (FISA) The international governing body for rowing
Fédération Internationale d'Escrime (FIE) The international governing body for fencing
Fédération Internationale de Tir ŕ l'Arc (FITA) The international governing body for archery
Fédération Internationale du Sport Universitaire (FISU) The international governing body for university sports
International Baseball Federation
International Swimming Federation
International Skating Union

"Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - Lausanne" - ranked 35th in the world according to 2011 QS world university rankings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lausanne
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

I can get shit faced in south bank parklands between 10am and 8pm and cops can't do jack about it.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

We have this mickey mouse tennis tournament played on grass here which apparently old man Federer has won like 6 times.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Sagrada I guess
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Some would probably say Exit festival, though I don't see what's the big deal about it, bunch of drunk people listening to a crappy music
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Sagrada I guess
That's not your city.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote