It's a 4-peat for the men of Troy!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #46
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 NCAA tournament: Pepperdine stuns Georgia 4-3. Final four set

The big title match today will be on some streaming on the internet. It's an official production apparently. I'll post the link when I get it.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #47

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 NCAA tournament: National title: Southern Cal vs Virginia

Rematch of last year's title where Daniel Nguyen beat Sanam Singh to clinch it for the Trojans. The Trojans will be going for 4 straight titles today, while Virginia is seeking their first ever national title.

It will start at 5 and will be broadcast on NCAA.com(ESPNU has elected to show Valparaiso softball or Brown lacrosse or something instead)

breakdown:

doubles: UVA has been stellar in double lately. This point will be key. So Cal has not lost a doubles point in a big match in forever. But they had not been as dominant recently. I will actually pick UVA to take doubles.

Singles: (USC players listed first)

1: Steve Johnson vs Jarmere Jenkins
Jenkins will be Johnson's biggest test of the year. He has the game to do it. But just ask yourself. Will Steve Johnson really lose his final collegiate match? He has not lost since his sophomore season(he is a senior). He is looking to make it 4 national titles in 4 seasons and become of the the great collegiate athletes of the last decade. Johnson wins 7-6 6-4

2: Ray Sarmiento vs Alex Domijan
Sarmiento slaughtered Nick Meister(UCLA) yesterday 6-1 6-1 in a very impressive display. Domijan has been hitting his stride and is starting to decimate people now. I cannot see Sarmiento winning. Domijan wins 6-3 6-4

3: Daniel Nguyen vs Mitchell Frank
Call him D$ or D-Win. Nguyen has clinched the last two national titles for the Trojans and like Johnson will be going for 4 titles in 4 years. Mitchell Frank the Freshman sensation who has lost just a single match this whole season. Nguyen has the experience and the determination. But Frank is a world class player. In the end what will win out? I pick, Frank wins 6-2 5-7 6-3

4: Emilio Gomez vs Drew Courtney
A hard one to determine. Courtney will want to end his career with the elusive title. I think he will get past Gomez by clubbing his serve to victory. Courtney 6-3 7-6

5: Yannick Hanfmann vs Justin Shane
A few weeks ago I would have put anything of Hanfmann in this match. But how things change. Now it seems it is Hanfmann who is fading and Shane who is not. The in form player wins this one. Shane 7-5 6-4

6: Roberto Quiroz vs Julen Uriguen
Quiroz has turned it on late in the year and is now a solid #6 for the Trojans. Uriguen has been injured and has not played a lot lately. Quiroz wins 6-2 6-3

So as you see I am picking UVA to win 5-2. They stop after 4 so one of the matches I have going UVA's way will not finish.

The Cavs will take home a national title today.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Good analysis, having said that I think it will go the other way
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #49

Live coverage link

make sure to click on the mens finals coverage for commentary and HD.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
country flag darklucia

darklucia is on a distinguished road

Too bad I won't be able to watch the finals. Think it will go either way and the winner will take the doubles point.
darklucia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your analysis on the title match Jeff. If USC wants to come back from this deficit, I look at courts 4 and 5 as the difference-makers. It looks as if those 2 will slightly favor the Cavs, but I see UVA winning at 2 and 3 so the Trojans will have to grind these 2 courts out if they want to win. I guess Nguyen could be the difference-maker for the Trojans, again. Why not? I just think these matchups favor the Cavs.

I wish Novikov could have pulled it out for the Bruins, but I really think the four-peat is just a dream and the Cavs finally take home that elusive title that they've been so close to getting.

My prediction: Virginia clinches 4-1 as Frank ends Nguyen's career and reverses roles on him. Johnson wins at 1, but UVA takes 2, 3, and 4. 5 and 6 are stopped in the 3rd

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #52

major rain delay now. Matches starting again at 8

Old 05-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #53
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Going indoors which likely means no way to watch. Sucks.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #54

This is a shambles. Where did the camera crew go? Why can they not move indoors? Did the rain destroy their equipment? Did the announcers just split?

Feels like a regular season match.

Sucks when you realize that a sport you care about so much, nobody really gives a shit about.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #55
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Go Virginia

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #56
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

So no stream afterall

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #57

Because the incompetent idiots running the show cannot move the cameras indoor for some reason. Have to follow it like a regular season match, Not even point by point scoring.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #58
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to write ESPNU about why the hell they won't air the final. I encourage the rest of you guys to do the same so we can make more noise. Pretty crazy we see 2nd rounds of lacrosse and mid-major reg. season baseball and they can't even broadcast the championship match, just one match. Then we get PBA Bowling and Billiards on ESPN2 but anyways, it's ridiculous to not air the title match.

In regards to the match, I'm surprised at Gomez's assault on Courtney at 4. Things looking up for the Trojans now, although it looks like Shane is going to finish of D-Win at 3

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #59

shitty live scores

Johnson about to close out Jenkins.
Frank about to close out Nguyen

Sarmiento took a massive first set vs Domijan.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #60
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

What are all the scores?