Chances of winning in matches between Top 4 in all Grand Slams (Welcome Andy Murray!) - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #76
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of winning in matches between Federer-Nadal-Djokovic in all Grand Slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
so fed would not beat nadal at RG in 100 tries when he had 4 years out of 5 when he had a chance to take it to 5 sets? and rome 2006 when he took it to match points?

need to work on math seriously.
You need to work on your tennis knowledge, Federer winning 3/5 sets against Nadal on clay, not going to happen. You mention Rome 06, when Fed was in his absolute peak, and Nadal was just a kid. And even then Nadal clutched it out.

He couldn't beat him then, he can't beat him now, he won't beat him later.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #77
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of winning in matches between Federer-Nadal-Djokovic in all Grand Slams

so if they played 100 RG's...made 80 finals and fed had mp at 6 matches. a total of 30 mp he is not going to convert one? fed has taken sets>games>point.
if you can take a point in theory you can be defeated.

we are talking about "chances" not if he will. of course given the low chances he probably won't...doesn't mean he "can't".

100-0 means a player can't defeat another which makes me believe people here don't know anything about math.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #78
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
You need to work on your tennis knowledge, Federer winning 3/5 sets against Nadal on clay, not going to happen. You mention Rome 06, when Fed was in his absolute peak, and Nadal was just a kid. And even then Nadal clutched it out.

He couldn't beat him then, he can't beat him now, he won't beat him later.
dude no trolling.

we are talking about chances here. not "he will beat him"...
of course you can't understand not surprised.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #79
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
so if they played 100 RG's...made 80 finals and fed had mp at 6 matches. a total of 30 mp he is not going to convert one? fed has taken sets>games>point.
if you can take a point in theory you can be defeated.

we are talking about "chances" not if he will. of course given the low chances he probably won't...doesn't mean he "can't".

100-0 means a player can't defeat another which makes me believe people here don't know anything about math.
They don't. That's why I said it's stupid to put these numbers. The sample size of their matches is not sufficiently big enough for these numbers to hold any relevance, even if true.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #80
country flag superslam77

affirmative and there's too much MTF overreaction anyways.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #81
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

we won't miss the swiss princess who needs his pigeons to walk over egg shells for him.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #82
country flag superslam77

we won't miss the clay pig either who needs his uncle to threaten the life of the sport.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #83
country flag Ze_Ani

Ze_Ani is on a distinguished road

In RG it is 100-0 to Nadal vs Federer. No way Roger will win a RG GS final vs Nadal best of 5 sets.
and btw, they won't play 100 finals there, that's why it's 100-0.

Listen to his songs on his official youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EyalGolanOfficial
Ze_Ani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #84
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_Ani View Post
In RG it is 100-0 to Nadal vs Federer. No way Roger will win a RG GS final vs Nadal best of 5 sets.
and btw, they won't play 100 finals there, that's why it's 100-0.
Its only decided by a few points here and there. Fed has like 35% chance of winning. The odds don't suggest 100-0, every time the bookmaker gives Federer less than 1 pays 3 against Nadal on clay. You can bet the juicy 1.30 on Nadal every time though but as there r more and more meetings Nadal has high chance to be caught out. In my exp he will be caught out in less than 8 meetings and i am saying RG only.

Bookmakers know their trade.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #85
country flag Ze_Ani

Ze_Ani is on a distinguished road

If i was a gambling company i would give Nadal 1.01 and Roger 15.00 to win in a RG GS best of 5 final between them.
It is decided by few points allways, but allways it's Nadal who is going to win in that points.

Listen to his songs on his official youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EyalGolanOfficial
Ze_Ani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #86
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Federer-Nadal

AO: 30-70
RG: 10-90
W: 45-55 (remember the H2H here is 2-1 Fed)
US: 50-50

Nadal-Djokovic

AO: 35-65
RG: 60-40
W: 55-45
USO: 30-70

Djoker-Fed

AO: 75-25
RG: 55-45
W: 35-65
USO: 55-45
Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #87
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Federer-Nadal

AO: 20-80
RG: 5-95
W: 25-75
USO: 30-70

Nadal-Djokovic

AO: 30-70
W: 40-60
USO: 25-75

Djokovic-Federer

AO: 85-15
W: 50-50
USO: 60-40

Federer's 5% chance against Nadal at R.G. is factoring in the risk that Nadal might be tired, injured, or suddenly become insane.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #88
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of winning in matches between Top 4 in all Grand Slams (Welcome Andy Murr

Ok, the last events definitely put Murray closer than ever to becoming a player at the same level as the top 3. Time to add him here.
I also updated a couple of my choices

Federer - Nadal
AO: 40-60
W: 60-40
USO: 75-25

Djokovic - Murray
AO: 65-35
RG: 75-25
W: 42-58
USO: 50-50

Federer - Murray
AO: 60-40
W: 68-32
USO: 56-44

Nadal - Djokovic
AO: 45-55
W: 45-55
USO: 40-60

Federer - Djokovic
RG: 45-55
W: 90-10
USO: 65-35

Nadal - Murray
RG: 95-5
W: 52-48
USO: 48-52

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #89
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of winning in matches between Top 4 in all Grand Slams (Welcome Andy Murr

Federer - Nadal
W: 56-44
USO: 60-40 (in this USO bcs of Nadals lack of play, otherwise I would give them 45-55)

Djokovic - Murray
W: 45-55

Federer - Murray
AO: 55-45
W: 53-47

Nadal - Djokovic
AO: 43-57
RG: 70-30
W: 50-50
USO: 46-54

Federer - Djokovic
AO: 40-60
RG: 35-65
W: 63-37
USO: 44-56

Nadal - Murray
RG: 95-5
W: 55-45
USO: 50-50
Old 08-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #90
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

fed-nadal

AO- 90-10
RG- 45-55
WIM 95-5
US 100-0

nole 2.0 vs nadal

ao- 99.999999-0.000001
RG 99.9999998-0.000002
WIM 99.999999-0.000001
US- 99.999999-0.000001