Clay Court Season 2012 - Roland Garros - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clay Court Season 2012 - Roland Garros

16/04/2012 - Week 16: Monte Carlo- Masters 1000 (Clay) Withdrew
23/04/2012 - Week 17:
30/04/2012 - Week 18: Estoril- ATP 250 (Clay)
07/05/2012 - Week 19: Madrid- Masters 1000 (Clay)
14/05/2012 - Week 20: Rome- Masters 1000 (Clay)
21/05/2012 - Week 21: Nice- ATP 250 (Clay)
28/05/2012 - Week 22: French Open- Grand Slam (Clay)
04/06/2012 - Week 23: French Open- Grand Slam (Clay)

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Court Season 2012 - Estoril

Estoril

Quote:
[1] J.M.Del Potro vs. BYE
[WC] Pedro Sousa vs. R.Machado
[SE] A.Balazs vs. B.Reynolds
M.Ebden vs. [7] A.Montanes

[3] S.Wawrinka vs. BYE
Qualifier vs. D.Gimeno-Traver
I.Andreev vs. Qualifier
S.Bolleli vs. [6] R.Haase

[5] D.Istomin vs. P.H.Mathieu
[WC] Joăo Sousa vs. [WC] G.Elias
B.Phau vs. F.Gil
BYE vs. [4] A.Ramos

[8] F.Cippola vs. D.Junqueira
Qualifier vs. Qualifier
P.Lorenzi vs. É.Roger-Vasselin
BYE vs. [2] R.Gasquet
Richard has a BYE into R2 where he will either face Lorenzi or Roger-Vasselin.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
country flag ImmzB

Richard is also playing the doubles, where he partners Roger-Vasselin and they play Bednarek & Ebden in the 1st round.

Doubles Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/468/mdd.pdf

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet def. Lorenzi - 6/1 6/1

Allez Gasquet!

Comfortable match for Richard, his first singles match since injury and he played well!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 05-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet & Roger-Vasselin beat Bednarek & Ebden 6/4 4/6 11-9 in the 1st round!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

The stream was horrible, but that was a good win from Richard against Lorenzi after the long break. 6-1 6-1, 24 winners (more on the FH than on the BH side) and 20 UEs.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet def. De La Nava - 7/6 (7/1) 6/2

I only watched the 1st set, it wasn't the best performance from Richard, was too passive for most of the set. Nava did break Richard for a 4/3 lead but he got broken back in the next game.

1st SF of the season for Richard and he faces Albert Ramos. This will be the 3rd tournament in a row where Richard has played Ramos with the last 2 being in Indian Wells & Miami.

Allez!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Could not watch the singles, but had a glance at the doubles, not great, neither from Richard nor from ERV, lost 3-6 1-6.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Only saw part of the first set of singles - I was not impressed. My stream was poor quality and much of the time I could not even see the ball but I could see Richard standing very deep and basically very passive, just waitng for mistakes from his opponent. Also caught bits of the doubles and he looked pretty poor, at least ERV was more active at net and tried to play some real doubles, Richard looked a bit lost out there.

He's won 2 matches but those were basically challenger level opponents, time the step it up, Richie. He's been boring me with his play lately, I miss the French flair - hope it shows up very soon!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet def. A.Ramos - 2/6 7/6 (7/1) 7/5

Allllez!!

1st set was not good from Richard whereas Ramos was the better play, trying to control the match with his FH. When Ramos broke in the 2nd set but Richard broke back immediately and then from there he was more the solid player! Richard ran away with the 2nd set TB and in the 3rd, he served well and got the break but to give it right back. Richard saved 2 break points in the final game!!

Great to be in the Final!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Gasquet def. A.Ramos - 2/6 7/6 (7/1) 7/5

Allllez!!

1st set was not good from Richard whereas Ramos was the better play, trying to control the match with his FH. When Ramos broke in the 2nd set but Richard broke back immediately
Ramos broke Richard in the 3rd game and Richard broke back in the 6th game.

It was a battle, and Richard won it on mental strength and by fighting. His tennis was not great, and I felt he was still a bit cautious with his ankle throughout the match. It would be great if Wawrinka could keep del Potro busy a little bit longr.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
country flag Quetzal

Quetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond repute

It is really great to see him in the final again, but...
Why is he so passive from the beginning?
He played very bad in the first set, than was broken in the second set.
It was the moment when he decided to play with more aggresion and that is why
he won in the end. I guess Piatti knows that too, so why nothing is changing?
We saw that many times in the past. When he lost two first sets in Wimbledon 2007 against
Roddick, he decided that he has nothing too lose and next three sets was the best in his carear.
Against Djokovic few days ago he played really good in the first set, but only until he had
his chances for the break and he did nothing to win that, he was waiting for Djokovic`s mistake.
I`m really happy that he won, that he was fighting, but against Del Potro he has to be very active
from the beginning and play deep balls. That`s the only way.
Good luck.
Quetzal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
It is really great to see him in the final again, but...
Why is he so passive from the beginning?

I`m really happy that he won, that he was fighting, but against Del Potro he has to be very active
from the beginning and play deep balls. That`s the only way.
Good luck.
We've been asking this question for years! You think he would eventually get the message. It seems that he has to "work his way into a match" and get a feel for his opponent's ball but unfortunately that often means it is too late when he finally gets going or he has to play a lot longer than he should. It was great to see him hang in after that horrid start and he looked to be a lot stronger in the end than Ramos in the end which was a great sign since he had to run a lot and deal with a lot of balls over his shoulder.

Now speaking of starting slow - nothing like loosing your serve at LOVE to open the match against DelPO. Looks like he is getting in the groove but down a break to start is an huge hole against DelPO. Allez Richie!!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
country flag ImmzB

Del Potro def. Gasquet - 6/4 6/2

Del Potro dominated the match whereas Gasquet was too passive but as the 1st set went by Gasquet started to play better, hit some great shots. In the 2nd he was broken at the start, just like the 1st set. After that, Del Potro did what he had and served out the match.

Richard didn't look tired to me, he chased Del Potro's balls down but Del Potro kept finishing it with his winners.

Hopefully a quick rest for Richard and then he plays again on Tuesday against Bellucci who is R1 opponent in Madrid. Bellucci a similar player like Ramos.

Allez!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 05-06-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
country flag ImmzB

Anyway, it's been a good week for Richard considering this is his 1st tournament since injury.

He fought very hard yesterday from a set and a break down to get the win which was great!

Also, being back in a ATP final! Even though he didn't win the title.... Hopefully he impresses in Madrid!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!