Bucharest QF: Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #46
country flag Mongoose
Banned!

Mongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucharest QF: someone named Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
Filo V., in my opinion you're predictions on some of these players has been way off:

Kukushkin: apparently crap that doesn't belong in the top 100 but has won a title and now enjoys a career high ranking of 55.

Edben: apparently one of the most talentless players to ever make the top 100 and now enjoys a career high ranking of 72.

Istomin: apparently also over-ranked but has been in the top 50 in 2010, 2011 and now 2012.

Soeda: also reached a career high rank of 67 in 2012, when you started to remind us how weaponless he is.

Dodig: won a title, beat Nadal out of shear will and reached a career high of 32.

Kemke: has been safely ranked within the top 100 since like 2010 now, only falling out for several weeks.

Bachinger: May reach a career high ranking after Bucharest and will return to the top 100.

The one player that you don't like that has really been struggling in Matosevic, but even he reached an ATP final when you started talking about how terrible he was.

If I was a tennis player I would love to get the seal of disapproval from you because it seems that a career high ranking or a title opportunity is on the horizon. I don't even disagree with you that some of these players like Edben and Soeda are limited when it comes to big shots, but that does mean they don't belong on the ATP level. They are outperforming expectations and thats good to see.

A lot of these so called terrible players have been doing better than so-called talented players like Hajak, Beck, Berrer and Gabashvilli, who have been cursed by your seal of approval.
Mongoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #47
country flag Mongoose
Banned!

Mongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucharest QF: someone named Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
Can we stop with those multiple pages thread where we discuss who Filo likes and doesn't like, if he's wrong or not and so on so forth? The dude is so wrong so often that nobody needs to prove it anymore. Here are his predictions for the tournament :

With Melzer withdrawing, I'll go with a Pippo/Kubot vs Baghdatis/Starace semifinal lineup. How it goes from there, I have no idea, but Pippo really needs to make the SF at least.

This is not even Simon Reed level, this man is a jinxing machine. Let's just try to ignore him please.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #48
country flag Mongoose
Banned!

Filo V. negative repping people because he was wrong about Ebden
Old 04-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #49
country flag stillreal

stillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-68 View Post
Surely it was only luck, and the guy playing well has nothing to do with this result
He didn't play well. I'm not a hater or anything but I watched almost all his matches (even the ones in qualies) and until Malisse all his opponents played AWFUL (Malisse played decent).

And yes, I personally think you are extremely lucky if in 6 matches in the same tournament your opponents play their worst tennis.

Again, I have nothing against this guy, all I'm saying is that he didn't deserve to reach this phase of the tournament. That's all.

Simon, Flo Mayer, Granollers, Malisse, the Fog, Phau, Chvojka, Copil

Murray, Del Potro, Tipsarevic, Chardy, Baghdatis, Paire, Blake, Haas, Serra, Mathieu
stillreal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #50
country flag Mongoose
Banned!

Malisse was horrendous. I can't imagine what Attila's previous opponents played like if Malisse was "good" by those standards!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #51
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

you deserve what you get. he got to the semifinals by winning, its not like all his oponent gave walkovers or retired against him. they played, and he won. thats fair

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #52
country flag stillreal

stillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond reputestillreal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
you deserve what you get. he got to the semifinals by winning, its not like all his oponent gave walkovers or retired against him. they played, and he won. thats fair
I agree, what I meant was there were some players who lost in the early rounds who played better than him, and they lost only because their opponent was better that day(players like Souza/Kubot/Seppi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Malisse was horrendous. I can't imagine what Attila's previous opponents played like if Malisse was "good" by those standards!
Malisse played really good in the first set and in the first games of the second set (I would say awesome for what we usually get from him on clay). So yeah, overall he was the hungarian's toughest opponent until now.

Murray, Del Potro, Tipsarevic, Chardy, Baghdatis, Paire, Blake, Haas, Serra, Mathieu
Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #53
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

I may end up being wrong about Balazs and this may be the one good ATP tournament that he plays in his entire life but that would honestly surprise me considering how he played today. He was very mentally strong, had a good gameplan, and for a guy that doesn't have much muscle tone, he was ripping his groudstrokes, especially the backhand.

The struggle for the guy will be bringing the same intensity to other tournaments especially if he's going to be back playing futures events. Right now he is on a fairly big stage and in a neighboring country where he's getting huge crowd support, but next week he could be playing some tiny tournament with just a few people in the stands. Just look at Gutierrez-Ferrol who made a run to the Casablanca QF's but lost in the second round of a futures event the following week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #54
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillreal View Post
I agree, what I meant was there were some players who lost in the early rounds who played better than him, and they lost only because their opponent was better that day(players like Souza/Kubot/Seppi)

Malisse played really good in the first set and in the first games of the second set (I would say awesome for what we usually get from him on clay). So yeah, overall he was the hungarian's toughest opponent until now.
That's tennis.

That's life.

Balazs deserves everything he's gotten this week.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #55
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillreal View Post
He didn't play well. I'm not a hater or anything but I watched almost all his matches (even the ones in qualies) and until Malisse all his opponents played AWFUL (Malisse played decent).

And yes, I personally think you are extremely lucky if in 6 matches in the same tournament your opponents play their worst tennis.

Again, I have nothing against this guy, all I'm saying is that he didn't deserve to reach this phase of the tournament. That's all.
Why would everyone suddenly start to play their worst tennis vs. this guy They might not played their absolute best, but this is sport. It has happened before, and will happen again
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #56
country flag stillreal

I agree with what the majority of you said, that's tennis. I just said what i tought about this guy. Tomorrow I'll support Fabio, but if Atilla decides to share with us his best tennis and he will be overall better than his opponent, I wouldn't mind him reaching the final. Hoping for some good tennis tomorrow from both guys.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #57
country flag superandy88

superandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw him today for the first time and he played quiet good tennis. It was an entertaining match; Malisse didn't play bad either for his standards on clay.
I don't understand the hate. He deserves to be in the semis just because he was better the the opponents in all the 6 match he played here.

PURE TALENT
superandy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #58
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I haven't seen Balazs play before but I hope he wins tomorrow because I chose Chardy for the finals of my FITD draw for this tournament and he withdrew and got replaced by Balasz. So Balasz was then automatically my finalist pick so if he wins tomorrow I would've correctly predicted him in the final =D. Other than that though I enjoy seeing new people come out and win instead of the same old players winning.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #59
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

He has an unusual playing activity for someone with an injury ranking drop as big as his. He played every month last year (except November and December), just not many times in each month. His peak before injury was around October 2010, when he was still only 21. Statistically, someone who is ranked #153 at 21 years old is very likely to become top 100 these days.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #60
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I think his one of those players that doesnt really fit in futures or challengers there game that is. Same goes with Korolev I think.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote