Bucharest QF: Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucharest QF: someone named Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Haha that's impossible. I never thought that I can support for someone from my country at ATP semifinal. It's crazy, thanks Attila!
im almost crying atm T_T you know how much he means to me lol

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #32
country flag superandy88

superandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond reputesuperandy88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bucharest QF: someone named Attila Balazs beats Malisse 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

Attila is a pretty good player. Top-100 material for sure (where he was headed 2 years ago aged 20 right before the injury).
Nice kick serve, solid forehand, really good backhand and good touch (dropshots and slice). But of course he is a lightweight so it's hard at a high level for him.

PURE TALENT
superandy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #33
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is lucky Balazs not playing Barcelona. However he won't escape from the Hun at the French.
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #34
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
Filo V., in my opinion you're predictions on some of these players has been way off:

Kukushkin: apparently crap that doesn't belong in the top 100 but has won a title and now enjoys a career high ranking of 55.

Edben: apparently one of the most talentless players to ever make the top 100 and now enjoys a career high ranking of 72.

Istomin: apparently also over-ranked but has been in the top 50 in 2010, 2011 and now 2012.

Soeda: also reached a career high rank of 67 in 2012, when you started to remind us how weaponless he is.

Dodig: won a title, beat Nadal out of shear will and reached a career high of 32.

Kemke: has been safely ranked within the top 100 since like 2010 now, only falling out for several weeks.

Bachinger: May reach a career high ranking after Bucharest and will return to the top 100.

The one player that you don't like that has really been struggling in Matosevic, but even he reached an ATP final when you started talking about how terrible he was.

If I was a tennis player I would love to get the seal of disapproval from you because it seems that a career high ranking or a title opportunity is on the horizon. I don't even disagree with you that some of these players like Edben and Soeda are limited when it comes to big shots, but that does mean they don't belong on the ATP level. They are outperforming expectations and thats good to see.

A lot of these so called terrible players have been doing better than so-called talented players like Hajak, Beck, Berrer and Gabashvilli, who have been cursed by your seal of approval.
First of all, none of those players are getting consistently good results except for Istomin, and I already said, with Istomin, that I just wanted him out of the top 100 when he was about to fall out in August 2011, I even said during that time he's a top 100 player, and I don't dislike Istomin. He's the only talented player listed. Kukushkin, who gets a good result every 5 months, and was out of top 100 until he basically fluked a run in Basel, and the rest of the players have been either taken off tour due to bad results/are in the process of being taken off tour (ie Kamke, Dodig, Bachinger). Soeda, getting into top 70 based on challengers is not proving me wrong about anything, he sucks against pretty much all decent players and he doesn't win outside of Asia.

All of these players suck and I have been right about all of them. Now, you and I had a convo about Ebden, I've partially changed my mind about him, I admit to being wrong about the Aussie. Hajek, Gabashvili, and Beck have been injured. And all of them are better players than those listed outside of Istomin and Ebden, and all but Istomin and Ebden are not ATP players.

Last edited by Filo V. : 04-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #35
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillreal View Post
I hope Fognini crushes this guy tomorrow. I saw Balazs play and he is not that impressive, he's average at best, don't know what's with all the fuss around him. I can't believe he was lucky enough to make it this far...
Surely it was only luck, and the guy playing well has nothing to do with this result
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #36
country flag RonaldGomez

RonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond repute

This hungarian boy is nice to watch, solid backhand and great dropshots. His serve and FH are ok, good mental, definitely a top 100 material at least on clay.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #37
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillreal View Post
I hope Fognini crushes this guy tomorrow. I saw Balazs play and he is not that impressive, he's average at best, don't know what's with all the fuss around him. I can't believe he was lucky enough to make it this far...
Well I wouldn't call his run luck, but I will allow these people to continue bandwagoning. I mean, they must know more than someone who actually watched the guy play up close
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #38

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

i really hope he signs up for the french open. maybe he could enter the qualies...

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

I do not understand what is the reason to discredit the result obtained by Balazs.

No Doubts that we are talking about Goatlazs and he will reach the Top 100.
Belludal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #40

i prefer goattila balazs :P

Henkka Kontinen
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
i prefer goattila balazs :P
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #42
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

can he beat the fog?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #43
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
can he beat the fog?
Anything is possible in the fog.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

knowing Fognini I wouldn't even be surprised, at least there will be tv coverage tomorrow
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #45
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly....This Filo V persona is overly biased toward his faves. He is always saying negative things about so many different players that its hard to keep track. This is the same person who predicted Volandri, who lost 1R, to be in the SF...Absolutely questionable credibility at best....And why can't we just say congrats Antilla? Clearly, he is playing good tennis and beating higher ranked opponents....Good for him...No reason to bash him and act as though his run is a fluke...It's just uncalled-for, biased negativity
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote