Football Zone - Page 87 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #1291
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Man City win the EPL)

well done Huddersfield and Rhodes

they are saying this kid could cost 8m + for any of 5 or 6 prem'ship teams wanting him
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #1292
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

USA up 2-0 on the Scots.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #1293
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

We'd beat Scotland.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #1294
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Absolutely convinced that Hazard will not sign for Manchester United. I can't see how they can win the wage war against Chelsea or City.

Kagawa, surely will sign for United pretty soon.
Another case of financial doping unleveling the playing field and making honest clubs unable to compete financially. I hope this Hazard flops. Only cares about money and seems really full of himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Athletic's form really tailed off towards the end of the season. What happened - did they run out of steam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
Bielsa's style is also very intense physically, which hurts the team with little depth even more. You could see how Athletic was running on fumes for the last couple of months and probably cost them a shot at CL football next season.
Is Sabino Padilla no longer with them?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #1295
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
really needed this today. We'd never have gone up with Clark still there.
lots of players out of contract in summer. Expecting alot of new buys.
Gonna kick on from here
Agreed I think that Clark was a 'nearly man' and that Huddersfield would have lost in the play-offs for a third year in a row had it not been for the managerial change. Also putting Rhodes on the bench for the 2011 play-off final against Peterborough was a stupid decision.

That unbeaten run made him increasingly arrogant and unbearable as well.

Many pundits and neutrals were moaning about how it was a crazy and unfair sacking without looking beyond that unbeaten streak (which didn't bring with it promotion) and seeing the bigger picture.

Ultimately he failed to achieve the remit set out by both him and the chairman despite working with a very bid budget at that level, I mean overnight stays at hotels before away games is unheard of for most League One clubs.

Huddersfield have a very good set-up in place, and have money to spent so there is no reason why they can't do well in the Championship next season.

Sheffield Wednesday were another club that took a managerial gamble that paid off. I don't think that would have overtaken Sheffield Utd into 2nd place had Megson still been in charge. Still I did feel sorry for him to get sacked like that from his dream job.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #1296
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Silly season already in overdrive and Liverpool don't look very competent.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #1297
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Agreed I think that Clark was a 'nearly man' and that Huddersfield would have lost in the play-offs for a third year in a row had it not been for the managerial change. Also putting Rhodes on the bench for the 2011 play-off final against Peterborough was a stupid decision.

That unbeaten run made him increasingly arrogant and unbearable as well.

Many pundits and neutrals were moaning about how it was a crazy and unfair sacking without looking beyond that unbeaten streak (which didn't bring with it promotion) and seeing the bigger picture.

Ultimately he failed to achieve the remit set out by both him and the chairman despite working with a very bid budget at that level, I mean overnight stays at hotels before away games is unheard of for most League One clubs.

Huddersfield have a very good set-up in place, and have money to spent so there is no reason why they can't do well in the Championship next season.

Sheffield Wednesday were another club that took a managerial gamble that paid off. I don't think that would have overtaken Sheffield Utd into 2nd place had Megson still been in charge. Still I did feel sorry for him to get sacked like that from his dream job.
I think Megson's sacking was a bit more unfair than Clark's as he'd just won the derby and were in the thick of it. Still they got up so I suppose Mandaric can justify it now.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #1298
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

USA romped Scotland 5-1. Hat trick from Landon Donovan, a brilliant goal from Michael Bradley, and a header from Jermaine Jones. Great game.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #1299
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I think Megson's sacking was a bit more unfair than Clark's as he'd just won the derby and were in the thick of it. Still they got up so I suppose Mandaric can justify it now.
Yes that was the harsher sacking for sure. I think before the Steel City derby they had lost 3 games in a row though. Sheff Utd were 2 points ahead of Wednesday with 2 games in hand when he was sacked. Although he has a history of overcoming a points deficit and winning a promotion battle against local rivals, like he did with West Brom in 2002, ironically against the guy who replaced him Dave Jones.

Wednesday is the first job he's had since West Brom where the fans have liked him (of course he's a huge Wednesday fan himself). The Forest, Leicester (despite just 9 games in charge) and Bolton fans all despised him.

Wednesday are a very well supported club. Average crowds of over 20,000 in the third tier and excellent away followings as well is impressive stuff.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1300
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

ashamed of Scotland, ashamed

so glad i have Chelsea and England
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #1301
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland bunch of clowns

Talking of clowns, France takes the prize tonight.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #1302
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

All the favourites losing except Spain. Logically, this means Spain will flop at the Euros.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #1303
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I love how the thread title wasn't adjusted for Chelsea's CL victory which is a bigger deal. NID AJ.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #1304
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Depor is back in Primera!

Now I'm rooting for Celta to go up so we can have the Galician Derbi in La Liga

Hércules or Valladolid should take the third spot I think.

And Mirandés went up to Segunda, HUGE accomplishment for the Pouso guys, I dunno how will Pablo Infante keep working in a bank and travelling so often I have a soft spot for them since I went to Anduva for the CdR SF, great crowd and is so nice to see a hard working group of guys accomplish something

BTW Carlos Pouso is so awesome, some of his greatest sentences:

"Who's the fuck is Ernesto, El Cid Campeador?" referring to a Guadalajara midfielder who's very good.

"They might have done a private party but in Miranda it's difficult to find a bar open in a week day" it is bumfuckville

"I had two options: Mirandés or PP (Puto Paro)" (meaning he either coached Mirandés or end up without a job)

"You guys kick the ball like people did when there weren't trains but locomotives" (to two MARCA reporters who trained with his players)

Such a great guy

Last edited by Arkulari : 05-28-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #1305
country flag LeChuck

Well done to SuperDepor it's great to see them back in La Liga where they belong and very happy that Celta look set to join them. It's funny to think that just 8 years ago, both Depor and Celta reached the knock out stages of the Champions League in 2004.

Aside from Valencia's La Liga titles in 2000 and 2002 of course, Depor have contributed to many of my favourite football memories involving a La Liga team; finally winning the La Liga title in 2000 after their heartbreak in 1994, humiliating RM in their centenary year by winning the 2002 Copa Del Rey final at the Bernabéu, and their Champions League masterclasses away to Arsenal in 2002 and at home to Milan in 2004.
Closed Thread