Football Zone - Page 79 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #1171
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Man City win the EPL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Sad for football when a team which plays nothing but defense + counter attacks in the semifinal and final wins the title. As some have said, Greece all over again. Bayern a much better team today, but were unlucky, and Robben played an awful game. Not just because of that missed penalty, but he had so many bad misses when he shouldn't have even taken the shot.
A major LOL at Mikey and samanosuke, at Mikey for acting like he's always been the biggest Chelsea fan and rubbing this title to everyone's nose, but not unexpected from a glory hunter, and at samanosuke for his usual double standards and playing a smartass. At one moment it was "Haha Barca lost to these mugs in the SF" and then he reverted to almost a fan when they won
keep crying bitter one

im delighted Chelsea won as justice has been done for once in the euro cup, i dont know who's noses i am meant to be rubbing it in

only british team winning i could never celebrate would be Livershite
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #1172
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
What is the point of following a sport that is decided by who has the wealthiest owner? It's soccer, not battle of the billionaires.
On the other hand, if it wasn't for the rich owners, Football would always be giving us the same winner time and time again. Who wants to see the same teams winning all the time
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #1173
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is the point of following a sport that is decided by who has the wealthiest owner? It's soccer, not battle of the billionaires.
do you even watch football clown? Chelsea million worth players were outplayed most of the matches by Napoli, Barca and Bayern tonight so how does that work?

are most of the top teams not owned by billionaires, do they not all spend millions on players and salaries at the top 3 in Italy, Spain, Germany

if was all about the money why did Man City crap out early
Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #1174
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is the point of a following a sport where only a small handful of naturally big clubs have a chance of winning the biggest competitions and prizes, and the others have no chance of competing whatsoever. Chelsea and Man City's wealth and ascent has added two major players to English and European club football.

And many smaller clubs in the lower leagues get taken over wealthy owners and enjoy promotions that they never could have achieved otherwise, giving the fans of these teams a lot to enjoy after suffering many years in the wilderness.

Without Dave Whelan's money Wigan wouldn't even be close to sniffing a place in the EPL, let alone being about to embark on their 8th consecutive season at the top level or reaching a cup final in 2006. Without Al Fayed's money Fulham's heroic Europa League run 2 years ago and 12 year stay in the EPL would have been impossible. But with their money both clubs continue to enjoy one long fairytale. Well done to them.

Sheikh Abdullah's money has created a lot of excitement and enjoyment in Málaga and they can look forward to Champions League football next year after many seasons of battling against relegation.

All this creates a lot more excitement for the sport.

And no it's not soccer it's football .
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #1175
Banned!

Mjau = sepp blatter's daughter
Old 05-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #1176
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
im delighted Chelsea won as justice has been done for once in the euro cup, i dont know who's noses i am meant to be rubbing it in
How exactly was justice done? The team that dominated the match and actually tried to win did not. This average Chelsea team winning the Champions League is a joke. Had they won it 3 or 4 years ago when they were actually good it would be different. Or if they had actually tried to win today it would be different as well. Its not like Bayern are Barca, Chelsea shouldn't of been so terrified of them. Bayern haven't won a trophy the past two seasons. And Chelsea played them as if they were an all time great team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #1177
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
How exactly was justice done? The team that dominated the match and actually tried to win did not. This average Chelsea team winning the Champions League is a joke. Had they won it 3 or 4 years ago when they were actually good it would be different. Or if they had actually tried to win today it would be different as well. Its not like Bayern are Barca, Chelsea shouldn't of been so terrified of them. Bayern haven't won a trophy the past two seasons. And Chelsea played them as if they were an all time great team.
dont see what you are watching, should remember Bayern were the home team here so Chelsea needed to concede some ground automatically and they had key players missing from those suspensions too... they did a good job tonight to keep an attacking Bayern team at bay as best as possible and then try and get something later on, job done

i meant justice because of what had happened to them in the past, of course it wasnt a Chelsea anywhere near as good as the past teams but they must be doing something better than anti football to get a 2-2 at Barca from 0-2 down with 10 men

not wonderful attacking football is the only way that deserves to win for aristocrats like you, are other ways to win that require just as much skill and hard work.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #1178
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
do you even watch football clown? Chelsea million worth players were outplayed most of the matches by Napoli, Barca and Bayern tonight so how does that work?

are most of the top teams not owned by billionaires, do they not all spend millions on players and salaries at the top 3 in Italy, Spain, Germany

if was all about the money why did Man City crap out early
They won because of Roman's (dirty) money. City won because of Mansour's money. That's the reason for their victories. What is the value in such a win? Please explain it to me, because I don't understand. What does the club have to be proud of? How did they deserve it? The club did not earn their success, it was just given to them on a silver plate.

It's like if you could invent a miracle pill that turned Mardy Fish into the world #1. He wouldn't deserve that success and there'd be no reason to praise him for it.

And that's without taking into consideration the origin of Roman's wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
What is the point of a following a sport where only a small handful of naturally big clubs have a chance of winning the biggest competitions and prizes, and the others have no chance of competing whatsoever. Chelsea and Man City's wealth and ascent has added two major players to English and European club football.

And many smaller clubs in the lower leagues get taken over wealthy owners and enjoy promotions that they never could have achieved otherwise, giving the fans of these teams a lot to enjoy after suffering many years in the wilderness.

Without Dave Whelan's money Wigan wouldn't even be close to sniffing a place in the EPL, let alone being about to embark on their 8th consecutive season at the top level or reaching a cup final in 2006. Without Al Fayed's money Fulham's heroic Europa League run 2 years ago and 12 year stay in the EPL would have been impossible. But with their money both clubs continue to enjoy one long fairytale. Well done to them.

Sheikh Abdullah's money has created a lot of excitement and enjoyment in Málaga and they can look forward to Champions League football next year after many seasons of battling against relegation.

All this creates a lot more excitement for the sport.

And no it's not soccer it's football .

So, if the financial advantage of a few "naturally big clubs" means no one else can compete with them, shouldn't that make the "naturally big clubs" unable to compete with the financially doped ones? Because Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool cannot match Chelsea and City financially.

I'd rather have "naturally big" clubs dominate than "unnatural" ones.

The best way to level the playing field is obviously equal distribution of TV-revenue, not having a couple of clubs with unparalelled financial muscles thanks to their billionaire owners.

The rise and success of financially doped clubs is always at the expense of other clubs. This isn't a zero-sum game. They don't exist in a vacuum. They compete with non-financially doped clubs. Winning titles they would have won, taking CL-spots they would've had, signing their best players and signing players they could otherwise have signed. Other teams would be stronger if Chelsea and City didn't have Roman and Mansour.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #1179
Banned!

Quote:
They won because of Roman's (dirty) money. City won because of Mansour's money. That's the reason for their victories. What is the value in such a win? Please explain it to me, because I don't understand. What does the club have to be proud of? How did they deserve it? The club did not earn their success, it was just given to them on a silver plate.

It's like if you could invent a miracle pill that turned Mardy Fish into the world #1. He wouldn't deserve that success and there'd be no reason to praise him for it.

And that's without taking into consideration the origin of Roman's wealth.
football at the top level is like that now, get used to it, if everyone is rich then it somehow keeps it all equal

and they are rich anyway from the big business football has become - rich owners or not, what do you expect them to do with their money... give to charity?

the days of Malmo, Nottingham Forest and Dynamo Moscow getting to a final are over
Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #1180
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Best day ever. At last big ears is ours . After years of pain and hurt we finally got the big one .
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #1181
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
football at the top level is like that now, get used to it, if everyone is rich then it somehow keeps it all equal

and they are rich anyway from the big business football has become - rich owners or not, what do you expect them to do with their money... give to charity?

the days of Malmo, Nottingham Forest and Dynamo Moscow getting to a final are over
But it's not like that. Most clubs aren't like that.

I don't have a problem with football clubs being rich. I have a problem with self-sufficient clubs being at a disadvantage to clubs that spend money they don't have. I have a problem with clubs who actually earn their money being unable to compete financially with clubs that are just showered in money by their billionaire owners.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #1182
Banned!

even big money players, they still need to be made to play well... coached well

look at Torres, £50m on him but he was hardly a great signing, so far anyway
Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #1183
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RM spent years purchasing the very best players and still spent years playing post-peak Fed to Barca's Nadal. Just because you have money doesn't mean the results automatically come. It took a top-class coach like Mourinho to break RM's several-year long knockout-stage curse and we have some of the best players in the league on our side, several world champions but we haven't made CL final yet. Chelsea hadn't made CL final in a few years (UEFAlona fiasco aside) and Man City's only trophy this season was the league cup that they only managed to win in the dying seconds of the final game of the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #1184
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Chelsea. Well-deserved. Interestingly enough I thought this wasn't one of the team's best lineups, but it's still great nonetheless that they were able to pull off a champions league title run. Congratulations.

I'm glad Drogba finally got a champions league. If Rooney had one to his name, why can't Drogba? It was about time.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #1185
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dont see what you are watching, should remember Bayern were the home team here so Chelsea needed to concede some ground automatically and they had key players missing from those suspensions too... they did a good job tonight to keep an attacking Bayern team at bay as best as possible and then try and get something later on, job done

i meant justice because of what had happened to them in the past, of course it wasnt a Chelsea anywhere near as good as the past teams but they must be doing something better than anti football to get a 2-2 at Barca from 0-2 down with 10 men

not wonderful attacking football is the only way that deserves to win for aristocrats like you, are other ways to win that require just as much skill and hard work.
I never said attacking football is the only way to win. I had no problem with Greece winning Euro 2004. I thought it was great that a nation like Greece could win the tournament. They won the only way they could though. Chelsea did not have to play shit football to beat Bayern, they did against Barca which was fine, but Bayern aren't Barca. You don't see Dortmund playing scared against Bayern, you see them go after Bayern and humiliate them in the case of the DFB Pokal final. Chelsea's approach to the final was entirely negative and only successful because Robben and Gomes choked in a major way.

And Bayern also had key players missing for the record, only one less than Chelsea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread