Football Zone - Page 78 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #1156
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Man City win the EPL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
At least Man U and Barca have players that they have actually developed themselves, something Chelsea hasn't. That's right it hasn't happened, this Chelsea side won't be remembered except by their fans the great sides are remembered long time after they've stopped.

Bayern are actually run properly, but that's not the point there are no rules or regulations when it comes to spending. Doesn't matter Chelsea won on the pitch that's what counts and nothing else.
Yes that is true, but in recent times, especially Madrid, have splashed out a lot of cash on rejuvenating their team and yet no one really speaks about it. Yes Barcelona have got a lot of players from their own academy, yet nearly every summer they make 1-2 big 30 million euro signings. Even the current Man Utd squad doesn't consist of many players that they have nurtured and come from their academies, yet again you see the double standard being applied and no one really speaks out about these teams. It's as if it's accetable for them to over spend, yet when another team levels the playing field there is a big outcry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I didn't say defending is not part of the game, I said it's sad for football that defense wins over nice attacking football. Congrats to Chelsea for pulling it off, but I'll never be a fan of such football.

Well, your opinion. I don't find it sad for defense to win over attack, defence is a vital part of the game, Chelsea didn't cheat or something. Now if it was Chelsea players hacking off the legs of the Bayern players ala Holland/Spain in World cup 2010 then it would be a sad day indeed.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #1157
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Robben must be choker of the year, can't understand why did they let him to take the penalty again...he always shoots down right

Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #1158
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Surely you understand the difference between earning and spending big money and being filthy rich simply because an unscrupulous (sp?) billionaire felt bored and decided to hand them virtually unlimited funds that they did not earn? That's the opposite of leveling the playing field. Barca and Real are financially doped too, but still a notch below Chelsea Anti-Football Club and City.
How are they a notch below? Do you not remember MAdrid spending insane amounts to acquire Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso, Di MAria etc.
And Madrid/Barcelona/Man Utd are in astronomical amounts of debt, which Chelsea and Man City aren't.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #1159
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Yes that is true, but in recent times, especially Madrid, have splashed out a lot of cash on rejuvenating their team and yet no one really speaks about it. Yes Barcelona have got a lot of players from their own academy, yet nearly every summer they make 1-2 big 30 million euro signings. Even the current Man Utd squad doesn't consist of many players that they have nurtured and come from their academies, yet again you see the double standard being applied and no one really speaks out about these teams. It's as if it's accetable for them to over spend, yet when another team levels the playing field there is a big outcry.
But guess what even Real Madrid have a couple of local products. Barca and Man U still have them in their sides, yes they make big signings as well for the areas where they aren't as good. It's very easy when there is a mix of the two and Man U haven't had been spending huge recently either.

When Chelsea actually get some youth products playing in the first team then it will change.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #1160
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Chelsea!

Congrats to Jimnik, have fun drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #1161
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Don't see what is wrong with that that to be honest. At least Abramovich has stayed for the long haul and pumped money into Chelsea's training facilities, youth set-up (it is still shit but not through lack of effort) and general infrastructure. He isn't like one of many wealthy owners over the years who has just focused on the club's first team and ignored the less glamorous areas.

Chelsea (or Man City) being funded by a benefactor is no worse than RM and Barça capitalising on a scandalously unfair La Liga tv deal or such preferential treatment by the Spanish authorities and media outlets.
You don't see what's wrong with owing your unmatched financial muscles to a robber baron who thought it might be fun to own a football club? This is a team sport, in which teams use the almighty $ to attract players. Keeping that in mind, is it really fair if one (or two) team doesn't have to earn their $ from fans paying for tickets and merchandise and from sponsors who invest money out of self-interest, but are just given all the money they need to outspend their rivals, by a megalomaniac who wanted a new hobby? It is exactly like doping in an individual sport.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #1162
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Obsessed with trying to show you how ridiculous you make yourself look, yes. Others don't have double standards.
ah now i understand where is the problem. you as big cro tard felt offended with my laughing at olic. almost forgot on that. sorry and it won't happen anymore
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #1163
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was not making a point about mercenaries, but about the fact that Chelsea really haven't spend the amount of money you were implying in recent years.
Their squad is the result of spending an insane amount of money they never earned - regardless of when they were signed - and Torres is far from the only mediocre player they threw big Ł at in the last 4 years.

Quote:
Also you can clearly see the passion in Terry, Drogba, Lampard and every player on that field today.
So?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #1164
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
But guess what even Real Madrid have a couple of local products. Barca and Man U still have them in their sides, yes they make big signings as well for the areas where they aren't as good. It's very easy when there is a mix of the two and Man U haven't had been spending huge recently either.

When Chelsea actually get some youth products playing in the first team then it will change.
Fair enough, but many make it seem as if Man City/Chelsea are only guilty of over indulging in terms of spending, but that is far from the case. Man Utd just recently spent Ł60m in the summer without selling many players. That's a lot of money considering their debt.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #1165
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Their squad is the result of spending an insane amount of money they never earned - regardless of when they were signed - and Torres is far from the only mediocre player they threw big Ł at in the last 4 years.
They didn't earn? What about MAdrid/Barcelona who buy from money they don't even have?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #1166
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
How are they a notch below? Do you not remember MAdrid spending insane amounts to acquire Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso, Di MAria etc.
They get their money from sales, sponsors and tv-deals. That's the important difference that you cannot fathom. Madrid and Barca are still financially doped, but not even on the same planet as CAFC and City, who have taken it to a different level.

Quote:
And Madrid/Barcelona/Man Utd are in astronomical amounts of debt, which Chelsea and Man City aren't.
Because of Abramovich and the sheikhs.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #1167
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, your opinion. I don't find it sad for defense to win over attack, defence is a vital part of the game, Chelsea didn't cheat or something. Now if it was Chelsea players hacking off the legs of the Bayern players ala Holland/Spain in World cup 2010 then it would be a sad day indeed.
I believe it's just your Chelsea heart speaking. I have a hard time imagining you had zero complaints on Greece winning the EC in '04 playing similarly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
ah now i understand where is the problem. you as big cro tard felt offended with my laughing at olic. almost forgot on that. sorry and it won't happen anymore
No, that's one of the things I learned to ignore coming from you. You for some reason always feel the urge to bash the Croats the most, but that's your problem.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #1168
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
They didn't earn? What about MAdrid/Barcelona who buy from money they don't even have?
I said they ARE financially doped, but they would still be two of the richest clubs around. Chelsea and City would not be. They are far worse.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #1169
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't see what's wrong with owing your unmatched financial muscles to a robber baron who thought it might be fun to own a football club? This is a team sport, in which teams use the almighty $ to attract players. Keeping that in mind, is it really fair if one (or two) team doesn't have to earn their $ from fans paying for tickets and merchandise and from sponsors who invest money out of self-interest, but are just given all the money they need to outspend their rivals, by a megalomaniac who wanted a new hobby? It is exactly like doping in an individual sport.
Yes no problem with this whatsoever. So what if a wealthy businessman who likes football decides to take over a club who are already strong and have a good squad (Chelsea finished 4th in the EPL before he bought them), pumps his money into this club, watches them win trophies on a regular basis and has fun into process. He nor the club are not breaking any rules at all. As long as this owner shows a long term commitment towards the club and invests in its infrastructure, and crucially the club is financial stable and sound when the time comes for them to pack up and leave the club, then there is nothing wrong with it.

There are many examples of this. Berlusconi and Moratti have pumped fortunes into Milan and Inter respectively and watch them rack up trophy after trophy. If Jack Walker hadn't taken over Blackburn, they wouldn't have even reached the EPL, let alone won it. Wigan and Fulham would still be languishing in the lower leagues in England right now had it not been for the money of Dave Whelan and Mohammad Al Fayed respectively. Where would Hoffenheim had it not been for the financial backing of Dietmar Hopp?

This happens everywhere at all countries at all levels. It is the way modern football operates now. Complaining about it is a complete waste of time. If smaller clubs use the money of wealthy benefactors to upset the natural order and challenge the bigger, more elite clubs, then good on them.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #1170
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Yes no problem with this whatsoever. So what if a wealthy businessman who likes football decides to take over a club who are already strong and have a good squad (Chelsea finished 4th in the EPL before he bought them), pumps his money into this club, watches them win trophies on a regular basis and has fun into process. He nor the club are not breaking any rules at all. As long as this owner shows a long term commitment towards the club and invests in its infrastructure, then there is nothing wrong with it.

There are many examples of this. Berlusconi and Moratti have pumped fortunes into Milan and Inter respectively and watch them rack up trophy after trophy. If Jack Walker hadn't taken over Blackburn, they wouldn't have even reached the EPL, let alone won it. Wigan and Fulham would still be languishing in the lower leagues in England right now had it not been for the money of Dave Whelan and Mohammad Al Fayed respectively. Where would Hoffenheim had it not been for the financial backing of Dietmar Hopp?

This happens everywhere at all countries at all levels. It is the way modern football operates now. Complaining about it is a complete waste of time. If smaller clubs use the money of wealthy benefactors to upset the natural order and challenge the bigger, more elite clubs, then good on them.
What is the point of following a sport that is decided by who has the wealthiest owner? It's soccer, not battle of the billionaires.
Closed Thread