Football Zone - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #1141
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Man City win the EPL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Truly an amazing achievement having spent a mere 900 trillion hard earned £ on transfers and wages in those 8 years. Such a well-run club. One has to at their success. How do they do it?
Think you are a bit wrong here. Chelsea really haven't spent a whole lot in the past few seasons (From, like 2008 onwards). The only big transfer in the past 4 years has been Fernando Torres.

Oh and absolutely INCREDIBLE! More Gary Neville goalgasm when the Drog scored.

What heart and spirit shown by Chelsea. Unbelievable, this is what you call passion and teamwork. The tears at the end said it all.

I feel sad for Bayern though, deserved to win the final and the way they outplayed Madrid in the semis.

But overall Chelsea have been extremely unlucky to not have won a CL in the past 8 seasons. Now the dream has been delivered for Roman.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #1142
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Richest club won.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #1143
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
welcome to champions league football the last 10 years

go and sukit
Nonsense, this level of financial doping is rivaled only by Man City. No club has ever been showered in that much dough they did not earn by a criminal owner who should be locked up in a russian prison. There is no precedent in Champions League history.

It's even worse that the club they beat is the most financially honest european top club besides Arsenal.

Chelsea would never be able to compete on a level playing field.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #1144
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
It is funny that one of them is Nottingham Forest who haven't been in the top flight in well over a decade.
Forest are the only team to have won the European Cup more times than their own domestic league title, which is a pretty nice stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
throw in Celtic and thats 6 British clubs (1st title ever to London btw) just shows again why the prem'ship is the strongest league on the planet

still the masters of football we are over here
Plus Arsenal were 14 minutes away from glory in 2006, and from what I've heard Leeds were completely robbed against Bayern in the 1975 final.

[/quote]

Quote:
Truly an amazing achievement having spent a mere 900 trillion hard earned £ on transfers and wages in those 8 years. Such a well-run club. One has to at their success. How do they do it?
Don't see what is wrong with that that to be honest. At least Abramovich has stayed for the long haul and pumped money into Chelsea's training facilities, youth set-up (it is still shit but not through lack of effort) and general infrastructure. He isn't like one of many wealthy owners over the years who has just focused on the club's first team and ignored the less glamorous areas.

Chelsea (or Man City) being funded by a benefactor is no worse than RM and Barça capitalising on a scandalously unfair La Liga tv deal or such preferential treatment by the Spanish authorities and media outlets.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #1145
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nonsense, this level of financial doping is rivaled only by Man City. No club has ever been showered in that much dough they did not earn by a criminal owner who should be locked up in a russian prison. There is no precedent in Champions League history.

It's even worse that the club they beat is the most financially honest european top club besides Arsenal.

Chelsea would never be able to compete on a level playing field.
Using your logic no club should win the CL. Madrid spend insane amounts, yet we hear nothing about it. Barcelona spend insane amounts, yet we hear nothing about it. Man Utd spend a lot of money, yet we hear nothing about it. Just because they are prestigious clubs, somehow they are entitled to spend as much as they like. Yet a team that levels the playing field by matching their spending is not allowed?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #1146
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Sad for football when a team which plays nothing but defense + counter attacks in the semifinal and final wins the title. As some have said, Greece all over again. Bayern a much better team today, but were unlucky, and Robben played an awful game. Not just because of that missed penalty, but he had so many bad misses when he shouldn't have even taken the shot.
A major LOL at Mikey and samanosuke, at Mikey for acting like he's always been the biggest Chelsea fan and rubbing this title to everyone's nose, but not unexpected from a glory hunter, and at samanosuke for his usual double standards and playing a smartass. At one moment it was "Haha Barca lost to these mugs in the SF" and then he reverted to almost a fan when they won

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #1147
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Think you are a bit wrong here. Chelsea really haven't spent a whole lot in the past few seasons (From, like 2008 onwards). The only big transfer in the past 4 years has been Fernando Torres.
Most of their squad are mercenaries bought with tainted money, including players signed in recent years (not sure why that matters), not just Torres.

Quote:
But overall Chelsea have been extremely unlucky to not have won a CL in the past 8 seasons. Now the dream has been delivered for Roman.
I'm so happy for him...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #1148
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the true Chelsea fans (who were fans before the Abramovich era), big day for you guys

Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #1149
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Epic trolling by WorldSoccerShop putting up Meireles and Torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #1150
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Sad for football when a team which plays nothing but defense + counter attacks in the semifinal and final wins the title. As some have said, Greece all over again. Bayern a much better team today, but were unlucky, and Robben played an awful game. Not just because of that missed penalty, but he had so many bad misses when he shouldn't have even taken the shot.
Hmmm... so defending is not part of the game? Yes we all like an attacking match, but seeing a masterful defensive performance is just as good. Many people think that there is only one element to football, but they are wrong.
Quote:
Most of their squad are mercenaries bought with tainted money, including players signed in recent years (not sure why that matters), not just Torres.
I was not making a point about mercenaries, but about the fact that Chelsea really haven't spend the amount of money you were implying in recent years.

Also you can clearly see the passion in Terry, Drogba, Lampard and every player on that field today.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #1151
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
and at samanosuke for his usual double standards and playing a smartass. At one moment it was "Haha Barca lost to these mugs in the SF" and then he reverted to almost a fan when they won
logical double standards. without lying chelsea was awful this season and got extremely lucky, at least 10 teams are better than they at the moment and barca going out against them in two matches is fucking hilarious .

on the other side i am not a fan of any time but chelsea were close so many times in recent years, got robbed few times and they deserved to win it once . taking out barca helping even more

i see you are obsessed with me. over and over again mentioning me. i love you man, just shame i can't love clubs which you love
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1152
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Using your logic no club should win the CL. Madrid spend insane amounts, yet we hear nothing about it. Barcelona spend insane amounts, yet we hear nothing about it. Man Utd spend a lot of money, yet we hear nothing about it. Just because they are prestigious clubs, somehow they are entitled to spend as much as they like. Yet a team that levels the playing field by matching their spending is not allowed?
At least Man U and Barca have players that they have actually developed themselves, something Chelsea hasn't. That's right it hasn't happened, this Chelsea side won't be remembered except by their fans the great sides are remembered long time after they've stopped.

Bayern are actually run properly, but that's not the point there are no rules or regulations when it comes to spending. Doesn't matter Chelsea won on the pitch that's what counts and nothing else.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1153
♤23♤

I didn't say defending is not part of the game, I said it's sad for football that defense wins over nice attacking football. Congrats to Chelsea for pulling it off, but I'll never be a fan of such football.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #1154
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Surely you understand the difference between earning and spending big money and being filthy rich simply because an unscrupulous (sp?) billionaire felt bored and decided to hand them virtually unlimited funds that they did not earn? That's the opposite of leveling the playing field. Barca and Real are financially doped too, but still a notch below Chelsea Anti-Football Club and City.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #1155
♤23♤

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
logical double standards. without lying chelsea was awful this season and got extremely lucky, at least 10 teams are better than they at the moment and barca going out against them in two matches is fucking hilarious .

on the other side i am not a fan of any time but chelsea were close so many times in recent years, got robbed few times and they deserved to win it once . taking out barca helping even more

i see you are obsessed with me. over and over again mentioning me. i love you man, just shame i can't love clubs which you love
Obsessed with trying to show you how ridiculous you make yourself look, yes. Others don't have double standards.

Closed Thread