Football Zone - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #736
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Muamba out of hospital & di Natale showing his class)

CdR final is on the 25th? Maybe no Athletic or Barca players will participate in the friendlies, not a massive blow since they have some of the RM players (Casillas, Ramos, Arbeloa) and guys like Silva, Mata, Soldado, Cazorla etc, plus Spain never seems to take friendlies serious anyway.

Striker situation will be fun to watch, Llorente will go for sure to Euros, RFEF will never end its 2008 love affair with Torres, Soldado has a quick temper but it would be stupid not to call him up and take a risk on still recovery Villa like they did with Torres during WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #737
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Muamba out of hospital & di Natale showing his class)

Soldado is not VDB's favorite due to his temper, 10 yellow cards so far this season just in Liga

Spain will most likely play like this:

Casillas - Alba - Puyol/Pique - Ramos - Arbeloa/Iraola - Busquets - Xabi Alonso - Xavi - Iniesta - Silva/Mata - Llorente

My preferred starting XI?

Casillas - Alba - Puyol - Ramos - Iraola - Busquets - Xabi Alonso - Xavi - Iniesta - Mata - Llorente

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #738
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Puyol having knee surgery? Will he be ready for the Euro?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #739
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
most likely no.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #740
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's very strange that the Copa Del Rey final has been scheduled so late, and only 16 days before Spain's opening match at Euro 2012 against Italy. Del Bosque asked the RFEF to re-arrange the match to May 16th or the 22nd, but was met with objections.

Last year the final was held on April 20th. In 2009 it was pushed earlier to May 13th with Spain's participation in the Confederations Cup in mind, and in 2008 before the last Euros it was held on April 16th. The RFEF keep changing it's slot in the calendar.

Another gripe I have with the Copa Del Rey is it's ridiculous format, i.e two leg ties from the last 32 onwards, to protect the top La Liga teams from being upset and knocked out by lower league teams. Single elimination ties all the way would be better and more exciting like in Germany. The Coppa Italia still have two leg semi-finals but at least they made the other rounds from the last 16 onwards single elimination.

Given that it's much more difficult for lower league teams to succeed in the Copa Del Rey, Mirandés knocking out Villarreal, Racing Santander and Espanyol all over two legs to reach the semi-finals was clearly the best story of the Spanish football season.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #741
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not getting such a good vibe about Spain and their preparations for this tournament. They have problems in defence and up front and many of their players seem jaded both physically and mentally after many summers with no proper break. Of course no team can continue dominating forever and they have been on one hell of a run. I think that this summer is Germany's time.

The good thing for Del Bosque is that the last Clásico match was played in a good spirit, unlike many of the previous matches with all the bad tackles, diving and confrontations between Spanish international players on the opposing sides. He publicly said that he was concerned about the behaviour of his players during the Clásico matches, and about the risk of a potential Barcelona/Real Madrid divide re-surfacing in the Spanish NT camp (like during the Raúl days).

Saying that though players like Arbeloa, Casillas and Xavi have said that joining up for the NT is like a refuge and welcome relief from the all the pressures they face at their clubs and the rivalry with each other. A lot of these players probably enjoy playing for the NT more than for Barça or RM with the relentless pressure, internal politics etc.

With Spain's strong youth and coaching system and their never ending pipeline of young, talented and hungry players coming through they will remain a footballing superpower for the foreseeable future though (unlike before 2008 when they were a second tier team). They won't win every trophy under the sun but I can see them consistently reaching semi-finals and finals of major tournaments.

It will be funny to see the clubs complaining when Spain announce their squad for the friendly away to Puerto Rico on August 15th . Barça's endless whining 2 years ago about the Mexico-Spain friendly at the Azteca for the Bicentennario was hilarious.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #742
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I had forgotten about that

So I guess I want the lineup to be:

Casillas - Alba - Piqué/JM - Ramos - Iraola - Busquets - Xabi Alonso - Xavi - Iniesta - Mata - Llorente

And come on, don't tell me Arbeloa is a better right back than Iraola, that's like me saying Iturraspe is better than Xabi Alonso

Old 05-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #743
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Germany for the Euros IMO.

It's their time. Their program of youth is reaping rewards and the fantastic pool of talent they're producing is going to deliver some silverware sooner or later. Great coach too.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #744
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

It's between Spain, Germany and the Netherlands, whomever is in better form will take it.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #745
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Puyol is no longer going to be the same as his career threatening injuries have been kicking in post-World Cup.

Xavi, Pique, Busquets are not playing at their highest levels.

I think to alleviate this situation, Spain is going to have to score a lot of goals per match. Can't do the control type 1-0, 2-1, type scoreline. They'll have to seriously grit this out on the offensive end. Lots of pressure on guys like Iniesta, Alonso, Silva, and even subs like Llorente to make the most of their presence.

If Spain wins this one...they'd have overdone it LOL and Germany would feel pretty stupid for not being able to defeat them or grab the title. But if either Germany or even the Netherlands were to win this title, then they'd have done what is truly expected of them given they're young, strong, healthy, talented, and playing in their primes.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #746
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I will start a Euro 2012 thread.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #747
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

Best Spanish squad for Euros, IMO:

Casillas
Arbeloa - Ramos - Pique - Enrique
Alonso
Xavi - Fabregas
Iniesta - Soldado (Villa if at full fitness) - Mata

Obviously you've gotta throw in Fernando Torres, Negredo, Pedro, Llorente, Jesus Navas, Santi Cazorla, Javi Martinez, and David Silva (my favorite Spanish player) into the mix too.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #748
country flag LeChuck

Good luck to Bolton tomorrow it wouldn't be a surprise at all if they beat Stoke and survive provided QPR don't spoil Man City's title party.

If Bolton to stay up, it would be interesting to see how QPR would react, especially considering Clint Hill's disallowed goal during their game in March. It would serve them right for paying their new signings last Summer and in January stupid salaries with no relegation clauses, and would be further egg on Hughes's face for walking out on Fulham last year.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #749
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Puyol out for at least 6 weeks, confirmed he'll miss Euro

He says 'everything OK' after knee surgery today on his twitter
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #750
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

congrats FC Bayern München for winning the DFB-Pokal, the women's team that is
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread