Football Zone - Page 314 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #4696
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
imo Robben is an average player with one extraordinary move (this run on the right side then go in and shoot with the left foot). In the moment the defensive lines learned he mostly does this, they know how to defend him. In the meanwhile he also lost a bit of speed, so he can't overrun the defenders anymore that easy.
This. One trick pony.

SAF in Camp Nou, I hope that he enjoys the show. Since the result vs Barcelona and Man United was the same It's possible that Real plays in a similar way both games.

Last edited by PedroMarquess : 02-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #4697
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
imo Robben is an average player with one extraordinary move (this run on the right side then go in and shoot with the left foot). In the moment the defensive lines learned he mostly does this, they know how to defend him. In the meanwhile he also lost a bit of speed, so he can't overrun the defenders anymore that easy.
He is one dimensional and has no right foot, but that one dimension is still pretty damn good, and defenders still struggle to handle him, despite knowing what he is going to do.

He has proven himself in 4 different leagues in Holland, England, Spain and Germany which is very impressive.

He was a major contributor to Chelsea's success in 2004/2005 when they won the EPL with a record points total (most of their creativity that season came from him), and in 2008/2009 when Real Madrid were very bad for their standards, he played very well and a lot of RM fans were sorry to see him leave. For Bayern his goal-scoring record has been very impressive although he is selfish and doesn't create as many goals any more.

In the second leg of the RM-Bayern CL semi-final at the Bernabeu last year, he was absolutely brilliant.

That being said I do think that Bale is the more talented player of the two. Of course it is ridiculous to compare Bale to Messi or Ronaldo like a few people in the media have, but a Bale-Robben comparison is more appropriate I think.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #4698
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Hala!

Great move by CR7, great penalty. Although that Barca free kick before that, I think Messi was inside the box was he not?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 8 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #4699
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

so is that 7 classico goals in a row for England's finest exported talent Cristiano
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #4700
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Hala!

Great move by CR7, great penalty. Although that Barca free kick before that, I think Messi was inside the box was he not?
Just outside

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #4701
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Hala!

No, just on the edge I think.

Poor challenge by Piqué, Barca started the match really well but fell back a bit and was punished.

We've come back from behind against Real plenty of times, luckily there's a lot left in this match.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #4702
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
so is that 7 classico goals in a row for England's finest exported talent Cristiano
He didn't score in the 1st leg at the Bernabeu, so his run was stopped at 6 consecutive Clasicos with a goal. That is still a record though.

He has also scored in 5 consecutive international major tournaments from Euro 2004 to Euro 2012 (there can't be too many players in history that have done that), and has won the golden boot in both the EPL and La Liga. What a player.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #4703

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You wish. Last game, 1-1, Varane goal, so, no.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #4704
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Bale is an incredible player. As far as wingers with an amazing left foot go, I think he is playing better now than Robben was in his first season in the EPL in 2004/2005 when he tore defences to shreds.
Agree. But not as good as Giggs in his prime.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #4705
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

lol Ronaldo's tantrum when he doesnt get free kick

how to make 100,000 catalans go nuts
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #4706
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
not even close to being Giggs
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #4707
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No not even close
#20 #8 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #4708

Quote:
Quote:
not even close to being Giggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
No not even close
Let me guess, Man United fans?

By the way, Barça missing a real coach, this Mickey Mouse coach isn't good enough.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #4709
Banned!

even the ref knows how to defend Messi now, great block
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #4710
Banned!

worst Messi i've ever seen, seems to be in a slump this season
Closed Thread