Football Zone - Page 298 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #4456
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

Arsenal generate more a lot money from ticket sales than any other club in the country (even though Old Trafford has 16,000 more seats tickets there are much cheaper than at the Emirates). They are clearly a very profitable club that are rolling in it and as Ivan Gazidis says year after year, they have plently of money to spend on transfers, but Wenger has often refused to spend it fully or wisely.

No club in the EPL will have a healthier looking income statement and balance sheet than Arsenal, but fans don't particularly care about that. They care about success on the pitch.

When Arsenal were at their peak from 2001-2004, they were competing well with Man Utd despite making a lot less money than them. They moved into the Emirates to increase their revenue and remove that financial disparity. It was supposed to allow them to continue to compete with Man Utd for the title for the forseeable future. Things haven't worked out that way at all though.

If Arsenal don't replace Wenger soon, they are essentially rewarding failure. In some ways he is a bit like Martin O'Neill. They had their best success in the 90s and early 00s and were both hot property in the managerial market. However neither manager has evolved properly along with the modern era, and their coaching styles are now probably very outdated.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #4457
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal are a joke. Wenger says they'd rather win the 4th place cup. Give them a trophy if they win it! Although they won't finish in the top four this season for me, the luck is finally gonna run out.

He could have easily have started with Walcott, Wilshere and Cazorla, got the game won and taken them off.

I watched the game Soccer Saturday-style for my local radio station and that was the worst Arsenal performance I think I've ever seen under Wenger.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #4458
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

it might take a season like this and 5th place in the league to get the crooks on that Arsenal board to actually pull their finger out
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #4459
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully we can get a decent draw in the quarter-finals, and reach the last 4 and finally play a match at the new Wembley for the first time (even though the FA Cup semis should not be played there IMO).

We reached the FA Cup semis in 2007 in the final year when they were held at Old Trafford/Villa Park, and almost beat Mourinho's Chelsea to reach the final and play the first ever competitive club match at the new Wembley. Despite that defeat I don't think I've ever been so proud of a Rovers performance. In 2010 we lost to Villa over two legs in a crazy semi-final and missed out again.

Hopefully this time we can make it there.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #4460
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

remember that game, when John Terry nearly put Blackburn into the final in last minutes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #4461
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Obiang is such a big talent, crazy good potential. I wonder which big spanish team will sign him if he keeps the progress up. even if the City rumours have been around, I think he would do better in Spain.

Sampdoria, the giant killer of the season, this time secures a point against Napoli. Delio Rossi is a very underrated coach, too bad he is as crazy as a person can be
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #4462
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceremo View Post
Obiang is such a big talent, crazy good potential. I wonder which big spanish team will sign him if he keeps the progress up. even if the City rumours have been around, I think he would do better in Spain.
yes, very good player

Sampdoria actually have a very solid midfield. They were better team in the first half but then kinda stalled the game to hold for the draw.
Sansone played a good match also

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #4463
Banned!

once again a fucken draw is made for next round of a cup comp and United draw A)a prem team and B)a big team - Chelsea

the only amazing thing is somehow this time they are at home.

i heard today Wenger's salary is 7.5mill £ a year which has to be, by far, the highest paid manager in EPL, what an absolute joke

certainly higher than it was 5 years ago and i guess now Arsenal fans can start to see why the board wont spend their hard earned cash on players.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #4464
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how long these are going to stay up, but I uploaded the highlights of Barça's match this weekend.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #4465
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Disgraceful performance by Lazio. Gone from Scudetto contenders to Europa League clingers in about six weeks.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #4466
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

and even though they are claiming they aren't dependent on Klose, every injury of him shows they are.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #4467
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that seedy true. I thought Hernanes was the player they relied on, but it's obviously Klose who is more pivotal.

Please get fit as quickly as possible, Miro.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #4468
Banned!

ManU 2-1 Reading

Chico shows what a predator for goals he is again as Welbeck shows what an utter clown he is again

still dont get why Anderson plays, he brings absolutely nothing to games

Valencia and Young's crossing has completely gone down the drain the last few months as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #4469
Banned!

bad shoulder injury for Borini, out for rest of season at Pool

listen to him

Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #4470
Banned!

Wenger lost the plot in his press conf today

arsene arsene's cracking up
Closed Thread