Football Zone - Page 286 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #4276
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

While I haven´t seen the match and thus can´t comment on England´s prowess, beating this Brazilian team isn´t quite a herculean feat. Cariocas have not been among the very best teams in the world for nearly a decade now. But it would be nice if the English could make it to the latter stages.
Trollicki is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #4277
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

well, England was more than once among the favourites before a tournament and then during the tourney was kicked asses out of them. I didn't watch the match, but I'd take one match at a time.

Germany just won 2-1 in France. It was the first win in France since 1935.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #4278
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Burkina Faso into historic first Nations Cup final winning on penalties over a very poor Ghanaian side. Ghana got outplayed by Cape Verde and from what I've read benefitted from a number of dubious decisions by the ref against the Burkinabe. How a mug like Albert Adomah was on Ghana squad over Jordan and Andre Ayew I will never know.

Unfortunately Burkina Faso will be without two best players for the final as Alain Traore is injured and Jonathan Pitroipa suspended after red card today.

Will be a major shock if Nigeria don't roll past Burkina Faso as they did Mali today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #4279
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

it´s incredible how many players named Traore have been coming out lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #4280
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Burkina Faso will be able to go all the way, love a good underdog story.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #4281
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

England played some of their best football since probably Euro 2004 in that first half.

The acceptance that they have been left behind by the top nations in Europe has settled in and the target has got to be to build a side that can actually take those nations on in a game of football instead of having to play a dinosauric brand of the game and hope to nick one off a set piece- but that takes having naturally gifted players. Luckily Jack Wilshere fits the bill- his playmaking ability transforms them.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #4282
country flag Trollicki

If England has finally and truly accepted that they need to change their game to be able to catch up with the top countries, they´re already further along than they have been in a long time. Wilshere indeed is a player with a continental style, knows how to dictate a match. He could do wonders for you.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #4283
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

USA fall 2-1 in Honduras in first round of Hexagonal World Cup qualifying stage. Totally expected result for me. Honduras are one of the top 3-4 sides in Concacaf and the US are poor road travellers. Didn't see the first half so can't comment on it other than a stunning overhead equalizer for the Hondurans. US were very poor in the second half and tried to hold on for dear life. In the end a bit of calamitious defending from all involved including Tim Howard gifted Honduras the winner. The Hondurans definitely deserved the 3 points. All sides Mexico included will struggle to pick up any points in Honduras.

So while I fully expected this result and understand it isn't a bad result it just goes to show that Klinsmann has yet to advance the cause in any noticeable way. If anything I would say the US has fallen back since he came on board for the unfairly maligned, in my opinion Bob Bradley. I think Klinsmann will really begin to feel the heat if the home match against Costa Rica in March doesn't go well.

Quote:
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #4284
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/02...ns-tournament/

All the more reason to support Burkina Faso.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #4285
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
it´s incredible how many players named Traore have been coming out lately
Yep. And Diarra too.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #4286
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil are shit and overrated..... England shouldn't get a boner over the result.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #4287
country flag selyoink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Brazil are shit and overrated..... England shouldn't get a boner over the result.
This is the worst Brazil have been in a long time. Crappy timing for them to host the World Cup. They will need every bit of that home advantage to take out a Spain, Germany or Italy.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #4288
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
This is the worst Brazil have been in a long time. Crappy timing for them to host the World Cup. They will need every bit of that home advantage to take out a Spain, Germany or Italy.
And they had better win it or the national media and fans will crucify them. Nothing less than victory is expected.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #4289
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhat disappointing match from Germany, as usual it's defence took a nap and so a goal. Many players were flat, even Ozil missed too many passes.
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #4290
country flag selyoink

Dismal performance from Mexico sees them draw 0-0 at the Azteca against Jamaica in a game they frankly should've lost. Jamaican player had 3/4 of the goal at his mercy early in the game with no defender near him but decided to shoot straight at the keeper. Mexico only had two real chances on goal both from Javier Hernandez that were saved. Mexico dominated possession but never at any point ramped up the pressure on Jamaica. Mexicans loudly booed their side off the pitch.

In the third Concacaf qualifier Costa Rica came back from 0-2 down in Panama for 2-2 draw.

Quote:
Closed Thread