Monte Carlo F: [2] Nadal def. [1] Djokovic 6-3 6-1 - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #466
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo F: [2] Nadal def. [1] Djokovic 6-3 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
The Reporters asked him how he felt about the match and he said exactly what he felt. WHat else do you expect him to say
then didn't need to say he don't want to take anything away from nadal's win, could say i'm clearly the better player and i lost only bc my grandfather died earlier this week.....

Last edited by RIboy : 04-24-2012 at 05:04 PM.
RIboy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #467
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
then didn't need to say he don't want to take anything away from nadal's win, could say i'm the clearly the better player and i lost only bc my grandfather died earlier this week.....
He said Nadal was a better play to start with. And then he went on to explain what exactly he going through in his mind. He is different from someone like Federer, who would have said Nadal was a better player and left it because he usually doesnt explain what goes inside his mind. Djokovic explains his mind.

And he said at his Press Conference and not like at the Presentation ceremony to take the Gloss off Nadal.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #468
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said Nadal was a better play to start with. And then he went on to explain what exactly he going through in his mind. He is different from someone like Federer, who would have said Nadal was a better player and left it because he usually doesnt explain what goes inside his mind. Djokovic explains his mind.

And he said at his Press Conference and not like at the Presentation ceremony to take the Gloss off Nadal.
nobody can be so arrogant as mister Federer, that's a fact...
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #469
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
The good thing about the match: Djokovic lost.
The bad thing about the match: Nadal won.
lol, you actually have some sense of humor, kid. good one, I like it.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #470
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Djokovic is always fair, winning or losing ... Fed and Nole do have different personalities and that's fine with me. Nole didn't offer any excuses, he congratulated to Nadal and that's the end of the story. The fact that journalists kept asking him about his grandpa is out of Nole's control. What was he supposed to say, of course he was upset because he lost his beloved grandpa. Still, that's not an excuse he lost... Nadal simply played better and kudos to him. Again, I don't think he should have played this tournament to begin with, but that's just my opinion.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #471
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
then didn't need to say he don't want to take anything away from nadal's win, could say i'm clearly the better player and i lost only bc my grandfather died earlier this week.....
i think RIboy is right here. it is what it is.

you cant say that "i dont want to take anything away from his win but "i was not here emotionally" or something to that effect.

and also why was he there against dolgo and berdych and not against a player he completely owns?

he even had to come from behind to beat both dolgo and berdych which suggests superior focus and concentration.

the fact of the matter is the no-djok was tired in the final.

this was not the right thing to say in my estimation. what happens if this type of a remark furnishes the clay warrior with some added incentive or motivation?

and what will he say if he gets smashed again at rome? we are just speculating here. probably the next match will be more competitive but what if it is not.

i dont know why the fraternal order of the eDJOKulons society is getting so bent out of shape over this. all athletes say things at times they are better off not saying. fed and nadal are no exception.

i believe nadal and no-djok are good friends and it certainly appears that way to me. that is another reason why they both have to be careful and give each other full credit at every opportunity.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #472
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Again, I don't think he should have played this tournament to begin with, but that's just my opinion.
I second it.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #473
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

isnt it time to close this thread????
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #474
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
No, we'll be talking about this clinic for years to come

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #475
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i think RIboy is right here. it is what it is.

you cant say that "i dont want to take anything away from his win but "i was not here emotionally" or something to that effect.

and also why was he there against dolgo and berdych and not against a player he completely owns?

he even had to come from behind to beat both dolgo and berdych which suggests superior focus and concentration.

the fact of the matter is the no-djok was tired in the final.

this was not the right thing to say in my estimation. what happens if this type of a remark furnishes the clay warrior with some added incentive or motivation?

and what will he say if he gets smashed again at rome? we are just speculating here. probably the next match will be more competitive but what if it is not.

i dont know why the fraternal order of the eDJOKulons society is getting so bent out of shape over this. all athletes say things at times they are better off not saying. fed and nadal are no exception.

i believe nadal and no-djok are good friends and it certainly appears that way to me. that is another reason why they both have to be careful and give each other full credit at every opportunity.
guys, we are over analyzing everything here. Nole was fair in his interview. He lost fair and square to a better player on that day. No, he didn't say he had lost because of his grandpa passing away, but sure it wasn't an easy situation. Of course, that was on his mind, but that didn't take anything away from Rafa. Nadal simply played a better match and Novak didn't show up, as simple as that. Nadal at MC is a monster.

Herc, I'm glad that both Djoko and Nadal are good sportsmen and good friends. They are both very humble and respective of one another.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #476
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

what up general alex. at least you and i are in agreement anyway here on this subject:

no-djok did not need to be here. he did pad his lead but he had a runaway lead anyway.

anyway i think they are getting along. no-djok has agreed to help the clay warrior with his foundation that serves the poor and the unfortunate.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #477
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what up general alex. at least you and i are in agreement anyway here on this subject:

no-djok did not need to be here. he did pad his lead but he had a runaway lead anyway.

anyway i think they are getting along. no-djok has agreed to help the clay warrior with his foundation that serves the poor and the unfortunate.

and that's what sport is all about. I'm sure Rafa will return a favor. They are both great young men. Sure, on the court they fight like 2 lions, but off the court they are both like two kittens, if you know what I mean, lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #478
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
why would it be? Can't handle what happened?

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #479
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Analysis.aspx

Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #480
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
That was a good article...thanks.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread