Magnus Norman - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #331
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magnus Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by misyou25
and then?
I guess he will start some sort of business together with his brother, what he always wanted to
Or maybe he will continue working at Catella

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #332
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

whats catella?
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #333
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Catella is a Swedish company which deals with fonds and investments and Magnus is working there halftime apart from his studies!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 01-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #334
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

and then he'll frame his degree and put it on a wall, before using his brain in business / coaching people and visiting the Aus Open

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 AM   #335
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I put this in the pimpim thread, but thought it should go here also, as it mentions Magnus...

Fredrik Rosengren has been around the world's best tennis players for long enough to know what it takes.

At a time when New Zealand is struggling to produce even a half-decent player on the ATP or WTA tours, Rosengren is blunt and to the point.

"Hard work, pure and simple," he said sitting courtside after watching in disappointment as Mario Ancic crashed to a straight sets defeat to one of his former pupils, Jarkko Nieminen, in a one-sided Heineken Open singles final.

"Take Mario as an example. He is on court two hours every day," said Rosengren as if that was a big deal, before adding, "Then he works another six hours on other things including the physical".

Ancic might be an exception although Rosengren rated former pupil Magnus Norman as highly in his work ethic.

"Mario has a great focus. You never have to push guys like Ancic and Norman," said Rosengren, 45, who first went on the tour as a coach in 1988 and still spends 30 weeks a year away from his Swedish home, his wife and two sons. He worked with Jonas Bjorkman (still the 17th greatest earner on the ATP tour) for eight years and Norman five. Both won Heineken Open titles.

While he has yet to be the winning coach at a Grand Slam final, Rosengren takes pride in the 16 titles his players have won in 28 finals appearances. He also points to the 1999-2000 season in which Norman won 10 titles and reached the French Open final as special.

He has been coaching Ancic since August last year and is keen to return to Auckland for an eighth time with him next year. But, in returning to the work ethic needed to get to the top, he says there is a need for balance.

"I do not - should not - be courtside every time he hits a ball," said Rosengren. "It is very important for players to try to be themselves in practice and at tournaments."

But, like many, he sees the bad side of players being forced into the game by over-zealous parents.

"You see it in the clubs and on the road and it's not just in tennis. You see bad parents around a soccer field, wherever. I don't want Mario working eight hours a day for me or for his parents," said Rosengren. "He does it because he wants to be the best in the world. That attitude is too tough for too many.

"It is hard for kids of 15 or 16 who don't want to say to their mates they can't go to the disco or into town tonight because they have to practise or have a match the next day but that is what it takes.

"It was nice to see the young kids on court here during this tournament but what are they going to do now? In Sweden we have a lot of talented kids but they need more than just talent.

"Magnus Norman, for example, was always reading and being told he had no talent but he worked hard, very hard. To me, that is a talent. To succeed you and your players have to practise the mental side as much as the physical."

In the past two weeks there were examples of the difference between the best and the rest.

The top players spent hours on court working hard.

Too many local players, if they bothered to turn up, appeared to take the easy route, happy with an hour when the stars spent twice that or more, often returning for a second session.

ASB Classic tournament director Richard Palmer said he could not understand why some of the players he had given wildcards into qualifying were not hanging around the courts more.

"From 10 days out, there are always players looking for hitting partners," said Palmer."I would have thought this was an ideal opportunity for these young players to get out, have a hit and learn. It didn't happen."

Old 03-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #336
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

i was looking at study abroads in Sweden just now and i found one in Southern Stockholm called Södertörns högskola, and it just happens to be the one that magnus goes to! i found his name in the student directory too. but, maybe it's a different magnus norman?
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:53 AM   #337
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgsdoubsprtnr
i was looking at study abroads in Sweden just now and i found one in Southern Stockholm called Södertörns högskola, and it just happens to be the one that magnus goes to! i found his name in the student directory too. but, maybe it's a different magnus norman?
Who cares!
This Magnus Norman must be investigated!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:36 AM   #338
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, well if i were to study abroad in Sweden, that's where i'd try to go. it's in Stockholm, and it's a business school (my major) but i think this is Magnus's last year there. so chances of me running into him are about 0%. i really really want to go there!
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #339
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Video of Magnus (long interview) on tennis.se

and go to Webb-tv

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #340
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Happy Birthday to him!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #341
on clouds...

I wanted to be first, Kristen

Magnus, happy Birthday to your special 30th birthday
Hopefully he will get a great day with all of his friends and family
And I am sure he will have a big party at the weekend

In fact, I have been thinking a lot about Magnus today so far....

Old 05-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #342
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Magnus!
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #343
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

I can't believe he is only 30. He's been gone for so long, I feel like he should at least be Jonas' age! Sorry Birte, Time Zones, you know...

Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #344
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

happy Birthday Magnus

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #345
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I'm late but happy birthday Magnus !!

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote