WWW MC QF: Nadal vs. Wawrinka - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW MC QF: Nadal vs. Wawrinka

stan the man played well today. he is going to make the clay warrior work which is fine.

we need the work.

i am still not happy with the clay warrior.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Stan has had more than his fair share of excellent matches (and patches within those) against Nadal. For example, Paris Bercy (forgot the year), two years back in Rome, that one where he (I think) won a set in either IW/Miami/Canada/Cincy, but he's just as much of a choker as Almagro when he plays Nadal.

He doesn't even have the Spanish flag excuse .

If he doesn't play well, I'd be really upset with Stan as he could have effectively ended my chances for tickets to London this year .
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Stan has had more than his fair share of excellent matches (and patches within those) against Nadal. For example, Paris Bercy (forgot the year), two years back in Rome, that one where he (I think) won a set in either IW/Miami/Canada/Cincy, but he's just as much of a choker as Almagro when he plays Nadal.

He doesn't even have the Spanish flag excuse .

If he doesn't play well, I'd be really upset with Stan as he could have effectively ended my chances for tickets to London this year .
His backhand actually stands up a lot better against Nadal's forehand than Federer's backhand imo. His mentality in big moments has been his downfall.

Eh you playing the Draw Challenge? Same here, I'm currently 4082th, my chances of winning aren't looking too good But why would Stan winning help you? Don't tell me you bet that Nadal didn't reach the final, that's a very bold bet if true.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
His backhand actually stands up a lot better against Nadal's forehand than Federer's backhand imo. His mentality in big moments has been his downfall.

Eh you playing the Draw Challenge? Same here, I'm currently 4082th, my chances of winning aren't looking too good But why would Stan winning help you? Don't tell me you bet that Nadal didn't reach the final, that's a very bold bet if true.
Stan's BH is, for me, one of the strongest OHBH in professional tennis. I think he has a very, very good technique. His mind lets him down though. His FH can also be decent until he has to serve out a set that is.

OFFTopic:
As for the challenge, it's my 4th year playing and last year I finished in the top 500 overall . MC has always been my best tourney (because it's so predictable).

Anyway, a few things turned up well for me and I guessed correctly the Simon and Berdych wins today. I was 118th and expecting Almagro to grant me a few more pts with his win (even if I didn't progress much) but he lost and now I'm 233rd. Simon and Berdych can still push me through and if ND wins, I may still be with a chance . What I was saying is that if Stan were to spoil my bracket might as well go all the way and beat Nadal.

For more details here.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Stan's BH is, for me, one of the strongest OHBH in professional tennis. I think he has a very, very good technique. His mind lets him down though. His FH can also be decent until he has to serve out a set that is.

OFFTopic:
As for the challenge, it's my 4th year playing and last year I finished in the top 500 overall . MC has always been my best tourney (because it's so predictable).

Anyway, a few things turned up well for me and I guessed correctly the Simon and Berdych wins today. I was 118th and expecting Almagro to grant me a few more pts with his win (even if I didn't progress much) but he lost and now I'm 233rd. Simon and Berdych can still push me through and if ND wins, I may still be with a chance . What I was saying is that if Stan were to spoil my bracket might as well go all the way and beat Nadal.

For more details here.
It might be the best right now, maybe along with Gasquet's. Federer isn't particularly great imo, although other aspects of his game are so strong that it doesn't really matter much.

It's my fourth year too. I found out about the challenge in Montreal 2009, played until the end of the year with disastrous results. Then I started great in 2010, was 14th after Indian Wells and Miami (I picked Roddick to win Miami and got it right), but then a couple of bad tournaments and I lost interest until this year, where I decided to play all tournaments no matter what (nothing to lose, after all).

You're doing a great tournament here. My picks from QF onwards are the same as yours, except I picked Murray and Tsonga (rest is the same): here

I've been a bit conservative with my bets this year so far, trying to stay in a good position (top 4k/3k at least) to then take some risks in the end-of-season tournaments and maybe challenge for the top spots. Overall, you're eight points ahead of me, but that's more than 1000 spots...

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 04-19-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #21
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka will make Nadal cry.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka won't do shit against Nadal. He needs a decent top 10 player who can test him. Why the hell did Isner have to play that challenger event .
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will obliterate Mugwrinka in 2 crushing and demoralizing sets. This clown can play a match of his life and he will still lose to the God of topspin.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #24
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Stan!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #25
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Good luck Stan!
Olderer isn't is this tournament, why are you trolling, fangirl?

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #26
country flag Looner

TSD, I must say, your 'quality' posts were rather missed around here... NOT.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #27
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Better Wawrinka than Mugro.

Go WaWa.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #28
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

most of you will cry after nadal getting routine straight sets win and then you will say "almugro would be better, wawa just bendover, nadal is cheater". lol, i can't wait for those moments.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #29
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

No, Wawa bends over for Fed.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #30
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Almagro's one-handed is THE best at taking topspin, shame he lost
Wawrinka will do what he always does vs the top5- give them trouble, have tons of chances, and in the end choke them away

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote