Wikileaks releases 250,000 documents - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
country flag Chiseller

Chiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wikileaks releases 250,000 documents

Some highlights

Quote:
Bargaining to empty the Guantánamo Bay prison: When American diplomats pressed other countries to resettle detainees, they became reluctant players in a State Department version of “Let’s Make a Deal.” Slovenia was told to take a prisoner if it wanted to meet with President Obama, while the island nation of Kiribati was offered incentives worth millions of dollars to take in Chinese Muslim detainees, cables from diplomats recounted. The Americans, meanwhile, suggested that accepting more prisoners would be “a low-cost way for Belgium to attain prominence in Europe.”

Quote:
A classified directive which appears to blur the line between diplomacy and spying was issued to US diplomats under Hillary Clinton's name in July 2009, demanding forensic technical details about the communications systems used by top UN officials, including passwords and personal encryption keys used in private and commercial networks for official communications.
Quote:
The Saudi king was recorded as having "frequently exhorted the US to attack Iran to put an end to its nuclear weapons programme", one cable stated.
Quote:
Officials in Jordan and Bahrain have openly called for Iran's nuclear programme to be stopped by any means, including military.
Quote:
Major General Amos Yadlin, Israeli's military intelligence chief, warned last year: "Israel is not in a position to underestimate Iran and be surprised like the US was on 11 September 2001."

Quote:
When Afghanistan’s vice president visited the United Arab Emirates last year, local authorities working with the Drug Enforcement Administration discovered that he was carrying $52 million in cash. Ahmed Zia Massoud, “was ultimately allowed to keep without revealing the money’s origin or destination.”

Quote:
China’s Politburo directed the intrusion into Google’s computer systems in that country, a Chinese contact told the American Embassy in Beijing in January, one cable reported.

Quote:
Mixed records against terrorism: Saudi donors remain the chief financiers of Sunni militant groups like Al Qaeda
Quote:
They wrote that Mr. Berlusconi “appears increasingly to be the mouthpiece of Putin” in Europe. The diplomats also noted that while Mr. Putin enjoys supremacy over all other public figures in Russia, he is undermined by an unmanageable bureaucracy that often ignores his edicts.
Quote:
"I've just thought of something," the King added, and proposed implanting detainees with an electronic chip containing information about them and allowing their movements to be tracked with Bluetooth. This was done with horses and falcons, the King said. Brennan replied, "horses don't have good lawyers."
Quote:
Likewise, press reports detailed the unhappiness of the Libyan leader, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, when he was not permitted to set up his tent in Manhattan or to visit ground zero during a United Nations session last year.
Poor sob

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/wo...nted=4&_r=1&hp
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/usforeignpolicy
Chiseller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wikileaks releases 250,000 documents

OMG! Embassies spying on their host countries! Gulf monarchs shitting their pants at Iran's bomb!! China Communist Party the world biggest hacker!!!

Im in awe

And all this crap sold to a few chosen papers as if it were another Dead Sea rolls
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
OMG! Embassies spying on their host countries! Gulf monarchs shitting their pants at Iran's bomb!! China Communist Party the world biggest hacker!!!

Im in awe

And all this crap sold to a few chosen papers as if it were another Dead Sea rolls
I dont think it was sold. it was given to them, and it was up to the editing teams to decide weather to publish or not. but its irrelevant since wikileaks will do it non the less.

anyway, the cables themselves are an interesting read.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In one document, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is summed up as being "risk-averse" and "not very creative."

Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle, who Der Spiegel claimed was seen as "aggressive, vain, and short on substance."

Horst Seehofer, head of the Christian Social Union, the Bavaria-based sister party to Merkel's Christian Democrats, was characterized as "unpredictable."
bullseye
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
I dont think it was sold. it was given to them, and it was up to the editing teams to decide weather to publish or not. but its irrelevant since wikileaks will do it non the less.

anyway, the cables themselves are an interesting read.
"given"? i don't get it, why not "give" them to everyone then?

smells fishy.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
country flag Chiseller

Chiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the US deliberately leaked all these documents just to piss on themselves.
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/
Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

In another thread, which I can not be bothered to look up, habibko mocked me for saying that the Saudis had signalled to the US that they would allow Israeli jets free air space on their way to take out Iranian nuclear facilities. I think he suggested he was close enough to the Saudi royals to know that such co-operation was absolutely impossible.

Seems habibko is out of the loop.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
country flag Chair Umpire
Banned!

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
El Pais informed that on Monday, “details will be given, for instance, on the suspicious that the President of Argentina Cristina Fernandez generates in Washington, to the point that the Secretary of State even requested information about her mental health.”
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiseller View Post
Yeah, the US deliberately leaked all these documents just to piss on themselves.
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/
who said that? there are countless varieties of fish.

anyway Im not questioning wikileaks or the autenticity of the documents but rather the limited privileged release, and of course Im laughing at the fuss for apparently so little
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

This guy has ball of steel man, this Julian Assagne, Australian. I remeber once i messed around with a girl who had a BF, and she said he was very jealous. And I am every night making sure the front door was locked....

this guys is fucking with the U.S goverment basically, reavealing stuff they don`t really want out as well as much of the world diplomats private relations putting his own social and physical well being under jeapordy....wow,
Massive Balls.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing he doesn't want leaked is the truth about his **** charges in Sweden.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-29-2010 at 09:57 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
this guys is fucking with the U.S goverment basically, reavealing stuff they don`t really want out as well as much of the world diplomats private relations putting his own social and physical well being under jeapordy....wow,
Massive Balls.
Yes... but if smth happens to him someone else will follow. Very serious things such as laws and treaties would have to change for this to stop.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
country flag Chiseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
anyway Im not questioning wikileaks or the autenticity of the documents but rather the limited privileged release, and of course Im laughing at the fuss for apparently so little
It went the same route as the previous leaks afaik - which itself wasn't ground breaking either btw. On top of that, all the documents can be accessed via the link above.
No idea what your expectations towards the release were but I find it highly interesting. It's a mix of chit-chat and valuable information/confirmation, all in a historical context. As the NYT article notes, it usually takes decades for such documents to go public.
You could argue the necessity of the release though.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I expected much worse. I can't think about anything there that was shocking, or that I didn't know or guess before.

Israel has been saying for bloody ages the rest of the Arabic world are a bunch of hypocrites, accusing Israel of warmongering while urging an attack on Iran themselves.

Mubarak hates and distrust Hammas, Syria and Iran? Shocking.

Israel's estimations regarding Iran's capabilities are not exact science? geez, even I remember we originally said they'd have the bomb by now.

The only thing which had a slight wow-factor was the depth of the spying on the UN, but shocking? Hardly.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #15
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Now there is a country I would not fuck around with Israel. I hope Julian's never release leaks from there, otherwise they would track him down and end him....lol..

Those guys don`t mess around. you mess with them they will end you, did you guys see about the iraninas scientis? I am not sure if it was Israel but the Hollywwod style pretty much reminds of Dubai execution. Motorcycles driving next to a car and attaching a bomb next to the driver and booom.....
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote