Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #46
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012

In this doc posted on the challenger website (merci à croline du forum d'Arnaud) it is said that Arnaud is alrealdy in the draw (page 11) and even if it was not the case it's pretty sure they will give him a WC...In different articles about the tournament they insisted on the fact that Arnaud played Bordeaux every year since its creation.

http://www.canal-com.eu/Primrose/DOS...E_BORDEAUX.pdf

Sinon quand on voit la qualité de la terre à Madrid décriée par tous les joueurs ça explique en partie le score sévère d'Arnaud contre Gimeno Traver au delà du fait que ça soit un match de reprise. Il revenait de blessure et devait avoir peu de glisser et que son genou trinque à nouveau.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #47
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that list and that PDF but it's false because there is 24 players with direct entry what is wrong There are 22 DE + 4 Wc + 4 Q + 2 SE So Robert and Clement are not IN directly. Yesterday the 22 players was still all in Arno would need at least 1 withdrawal and the 2 SE cleared. The 22 DE and Paulo are here http://www.atp-primrosebordeaux.com/joueurs.php

For the WC we have to wait PHM got one and that's it for the moment. About his injury Arno is quite mute which is usually not good

Last edited by soulage : 05-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #48
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'm confiant for the WC in Bordeaux except if they decide to give it to Serra or (For the others it will be PHM and probably Gicquel & Robredo). But all tournaments have withdrawals, that will be strange if it's not the case next week ! I think Arnaud will be ok for Bordeaux, he played Madrid without confidence but if his knee was too painful I don't think he would have taken the risk before Roland.

Arnaud is not announced for Vivement Dimanche special tennis with Gachassin (& Forget, Santoro, Nolwenn ect) but who knows ? They will register the 15 next week.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #49
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

2 hours with Gachassin He's boring and know nothing about tennis All his interview are clueless well you understand taht I don't like him

About Bordeaux someone who is doing driver there says Arno is now one spot out and in case he's still out he could have a WC. Anyway it looks he doesn't plan to play qualies so if he's not IN the MD he's not playing.

To follow the driver https://twitter.com/#!/Val__Tho
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #50
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

You don't like Gachassin ?
I love him, he's a great president !! I love his way to show his passion during the matchs , in RG and in DC, he's not the kind of boring/bored guy who stays on his seat because he has no choice. He's enthousiast.
The players and the captain love him indeed.
I don't think he's boring at all compare to Bîmes (I hated him !)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #51
country flag soulage

I think he's not a great president he has no vision of tennis his last interview about davis cup stresses it. He's more a fan than a president. I found him boring when he talks because he's not saying Interesting things The guy looks funny and has a lot of passion but I not agree with his tennis point of view

Arno didn't need a WC for Bordeaux. Crazy list for a challenger so wait the draw but slight chance to win a match i think
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #52
country flag Lesliem

I agree with soulage about Gachassin and a little bit with Marine. That's true that he is enthousiast and loves tennis but I find some of his propositions really stupid. For instance he proposes to pay French players to play DC because the poor boys are loosing money when they play DC, it's such a sacrifice for them ! And beside gachassin talks about love of this competition...
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #53
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

They don't get paid? I thought they already paid the DC players.
It's not such a bad idea imo. Just a reasonable amount, like what they would have gotten for first round in the tournament that week.

When do they air this tennis special and on which channel?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
country flag Lesliem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
They don't get paid? I thought they already paid the DC players.
It's not such a bad idea imo. Just a reasonable amount, like what they would have gotten for first round in the tournament that week.

When do they air this tennis special and on which channel?
They are already paid (enfin je crois) but on tournaments they have more money to come "on their name" they've not that on DC. But the guys are top 50/top 30 they don't need that to choose DC or all is about money...very sad especially when you're always insisting on values like Gachassin.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #55
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I get it now, I thought they didn't get paid to play DC. I think it's sad that not all the federations can compensate their players for their time and effort, which is why Dolgopolev doesn't play for Ukraine. Which makes it much more admirable to me that the others play for free. But in a big tennis nation like France I can't imagine the players to play for free.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #56
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
But in a big tennis nation like France I can't imagine the players to play for free.
Why ?? Seriously, I imagine them very well playing for free!
Some of them aleady said they would come "en rampant s'il fallait", it means what it means, so a possible amount has nothing to do in DC, I agree with soulage and Lesliem. I like Gachassin but his idea is stupid, at least this one.
Players who want to play in DC don't need an amount, that's a honor, that's a chance to play for his country, they say it, they have to prove it. They earn much money in the year, I don't complain them !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #57
country flag Kezzi

So the FFT covers all their expenses during and related to DC? I think they should at least get that, because they are 'invited' and when you're invited the one who invites you pays.
I can't imagine the players like Mahut & ERV who were there last time to afford this if they don't get at least their expenses refunded.
It might seem that they make a lot of money, but for me that's only the top 50 or something, but that doesn't mean they don't have to struggle on tour. Flights are expensive, cause they don't have a choice in dates/time. If I already see an "offer" for Marseille of €998 when I book weeks in advance, I can't imagine how much tennis players pay for their flights. It's really hard to find good deals, so I don't want to think about the ticket prices when you don't have a choice. And that's just the flying, they also need to eat, sleep, etc. And save money for their life after tennis, when it's the same as in NL, they will only have a high school diploma.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #58
country flag soulage

Each players who come in DC is paid don't worry and of course the FFT covers all the expenses. I posted an article about that in 2010. More you play, more you win more you touch money that's the system in france. I will try to find my post

The idea of Gachassin would be to give money to players to not play tournaments the week before DC and try to cover the money guarantee they could touch going there This year Gasquet and Monfils played Montpellier before our match in Canada. I disagree with the idea to give best french players more money to not play some tournaments .
Old 05-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #59
country flag soulage

Arno will play some tennis tomorrow around noon He played De Voest so not the best way to play clay court game The serve is an advantage for De Voest so even with that quite good draw a win is still hypothetical Arno let a message on his facebook a kind of translation

"Hello everyone! I'm in Bordeaux this week where I play tomorrow against Rik de Voest! I feel pretty good my weeks of training have been very beneficial physically and for his tennis. I also took the opportunity to make some adjustments and settings in my equipment in order to have a little more playing comfort and safety. Now I'm looking forward to putting this work into the competition. We'll see how that works out tomorrow afternoon ... Good evening and thank you again for your comments! "

No mentions of his knee injury and that poor loss ten days ago The change in his racquet is surely due to some physical issues shoulder or elbow imo. Well it was surely not easy weeks but he's not complaining about

Good luck for tomorrow
Old 05-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #60
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the news and translation

As for davis cup, I think aussie players get paid an amount for each match played, apart from all travelling expenses. That's why once the tie is won/lost, they send a 'lesser' player on court so that he can earn that money. Not that i'm very sure ;p
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote