Prize money increases in French Open and Wimbledon 2012 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #31
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prize money increases in French Open 2012

TigerTim himself was in Miami a few weeks back discussing the issue with the Top 4 on behalf of Wimbledon according to a Times article I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
TigerTim himself was in Miami a few weeks back discussing the issue with the Top 4 on behalf of Wimbledon according to a Times article I read.
do you happen to have a link to said times article...?
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to the President and all existing members of the ATP players council.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #34
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
do you happen to have a link to said times article...?
times is pay to view so I don't know if its online and don't have a subscription to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #35
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

ok no worries... no good for the regular plebs like us then...

i have reported you for your failure
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
I think such decisions are taken after meetings between ATP Officials and Player Representatives

As far as I know Nadal is not a part in any of those
This.

Nadal resigned and now important matters can finally be handled without his selfish behavior holding back the entire organization. Good for the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #37
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Came on guy, he resigned because he was tired of so much talk for nothing and to stay there to back his pansie president. And at the end of the day is a powerless organism so his move was a further pressure measurement and a warning.
Nadal (and a few others, including Djokovic who had presented a plan about a "revolution" of Davis cup some time ago) had other plans which he had already talked about, much more ambitious than the "prize money in slams" concern.

It's because these topics he supported with a lot of energy couldn't advance that he resigned.

There was a moment when his desire to make this "revolution" joined the discontent of many players about the prize money in slams.

But as soon as the players could get what they wanted about the prize money, they didn't feel concerned anymore about Nadal's plans.

That's exactly what appeared in Stakhovsky's interview : "I support the 2 years' ranking system as long as the prize money in slams doesn't increase".

Besides, I can't measure what was the influence of his calls for strike on the decision by the slams to increase the prize money, but it was probably real. Even though you need people to work on that afterwards, and that includes the ATP especially, and also Federer according to what we heard.

Last edited by duong : 04-12-2012 at 10:52 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #38
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

It's simple the players wanted to a greater percentage of the massive revenues that the GS events make off them.

Aus Open strike in 2012 was never going to happen since the timeframe was too short. It was said at the time, which so many overlook so they can get their tardish rubbish out there. They needed time for both sides to negotiate their respective positions, and the strike was the last resort.

It's about time the prizemoney at the early rounds increased and this is a positive, now the ATP need to address the issue at their events, but baby steps are good enough for now.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #39
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Good. The first round prize money went up to 18,000 Euros which is a 20% increase over last year's figure. I guess the current ATP council was able to accomplish something after all and nobody had to throw a hissy fit.

That being said, the money is still too little. Baby steps.

ETA: Pretty amazing what Federer, Djokovic and the rest of those still involved in ATP politics managed to accomplish. Good on Henman for flying down to chat with the players in Miami.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.

Last edited by LisaKoh : 04-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #40
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Well done to those who were actually involved in the negotiations.

Those who think this is the result of a strike threatening... at a highly important GS tournament, yeah sure!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #41
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ FedTards. You're all too slow. That's why you're on the defensive. NadalTards are swift and quick to take the credit for this. Better luck next time.

On Topic : This is good news. Not there yet, but at least it's heading that way. Hopefully.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #42
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Feh, credit schmedit. At the end of the day, at least the players are getting paid more and I'm hopeful that this will be the start of better compensation for tennis players.

As for the 'tards and the claiming of credit, that's missing the bigger picture for some petty partisanship.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #43
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

According to an article in "l'Equipe", French sports newspaper (paper version), the top-4 asked every slam to talk with them during last Indian Wells to tell the slams that if they didn't increase their prize money, players would certainly go on strike, and then asked them to make a proposal in next weeks.

For those who understand French, here's the article in French :

Quote:
Pourquoi la grève plane sur Roland-Garros ?
Équipe du vendredi 13 avril 2012, page 11
Auteur : Romain Lefebvre

Désireux d’obtenir une augmentation des dotations en Grand Chelem, les joueurs ont posé un ultimatum et lâché le mot boycott. Décryptage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Augmenter les salaires de 20% ? Non, il ne s’agit pas d’une promesse d’un candidat à la présidentielle, mais bel et bien d’une réalité dans le petit monde doré du tennis professionnel. Depuis hier, et la publication de la dotation du tournoi de Roland-Garros 2012, les perdants du premier tour de simple, hommes et femmes, toucheront un chèque de 18 000 euros contre 15 000 l’an dernier. Hautement improbable par les temps qui courent, cette hausse des prix significative, bien loin d’être indexée sur le coût de la vie, est une réponse de la Fédération française à la grogne des joueurs du circuit ATP contre les tournois du Grand Chelem.

---- COMMENT EST NÉE LA FRONDE ? ----

Tout commence le samedi 14 janvier. Dans un grand hôtel de Melbourne se tient une première assemblée de joueurs de l’année, comme il en existe à plusieurs grandes étapes de la saison (à chaque Grand Chelem plus quelques masters 1000 comme celui de Miami). La présence de tous les membres de l’ATP (Association des tennismen professionnels) figurant dans le tableau final de l’Open d’Australie est obligatoire sous peine d’amendes salées. À cette occasion, Brad Drewett, le boss fraîchement élu de l’organisation qui préside aux destinées du tennis masculin, connaît un baptême du feu agité.
Le vent souffle d’abord depuis l’Est, quand l’Ukrainien Stakhovsky (71e), relayé par les Russes Tursunov (75e) et Youzhny (35e) expriment l’objet de leur ire : ils veulent réclamer plus d’argent aux tournois du Grand Chelem. Estimant que la répartition des profits des quatre Majeurs ne fait pas suffisamment la part belle aux joueurs, ces meneurs, soutenus par une meute de seconds couteaux, vont jusqu’à brandir une menace de boycottage du prochain tournoi du Grand Chelem, en l’occurrence Roland-Garros, si leurs revendications ne sont pas entendues.

---- COMMENT S’EST-ELLE GÉNÉRALISÉE ? ----

Le mot grève n’est pas nouveau dans la bouche des joueurs. Les prémices de la fronde sont apparues pendant l’US Open 2011, sous la pluie.
Le 7 septembre, par une de ces journées à ne pas mettre un joueur de tennis dehors, les organisateurs de l’US Open lancent des parties en dépit d’une météo exécrable. Objectif : assurer un minimum de temps de jeu pour ne pas avoir à rembourser de public. Résultat : quinze minutes de parodie de tennis sur sol tout juste sec. Il n’en faut pas plus pour déclencher la colère de Rafael Nadal et des deux Andy, Murray et Roddick, directement concernés par ce simulacre.

Ces gouttes d’eau font déborder le vase. Depuis trop longtemps, les joueurs s’estiment considérés comme du bétail par les organisateurs de tournois, alors que sans eux, point de spectacle. L’épisode new-yorkais aurait pu en rester là mais il fait brutalement rejaillir le sentiment que la parole des joueurs n’est jamais écoutée.
Trois sujets brûlants reviennent sans cesse sur le tapis, « les mêmes depuis toujours » estime Ivan Ljubicic, une des têtes pensantes du circuit : la surcharge du calendrier, le format de la Coupe Davis et sa place dans l’agenda, et les tournois dits « obligatoires ». À Flushing Meadows, la colère sourde qui agitait le vestiaires a gagné toutes les couches de sa population, les cadors comme les « petits ».

---- QUE RÉCLAMENT LES JOUEURS ? ----

De New York à Melbourne, les revendications se sont recentrées sur le seul aspect financier évoqué plus haut. Convaincus qu’une part insuffisante des profits générés par les Grands Chelems retombe dans leurs poches, les joueurs étayent leur argumentation en citant en exemple les principales ligues du sport américain (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, etc.). Lesquels reversent, grosso modo, 50% de leurs bénéfices aux champions. En Grand Chelem, on est loin du compte. Ainsi, en 2011, le tournoi de Roland-Garros a distribué une enveloppe globale de 17,5 millions d’euros de dotation, avant de dégager un bénéfice net (après investissements) chiffrés à 47,5 millions. Soit 27% des profits destinés aux joueurs et 73% pour les caisses de la Fédération. Vu sous cet angle, on peut comprendre que les principaux acteurs du jeu grincent des dents. Ce serait oublier néanmoins qu’ils engrangent d’importants revenus annexes (contrats, bonus, garanties, exhibitions…), en majeure partie grâce au retentissement planétaire de leurs performances en Grand Chelem.

Il va sans dire que rééquilibrer le ratio « gain des joueurs-gains des tournois » à la hauteur des leurs exigences mettrait en péril le modèle économique des fédérations qui organisent ces épreuves de prestige. Car, à la différence des ligues américaines, les Grands Chelems ne sont pas aux mains d’entrepreneurs privés. Avec les bénéfices de son navire amiral, la Fédération française fait vivre du monde : une direction technique nationale, mais aussi tout un réseau régional, à travers son plan de développement des ligues. Si la Fédération devait répondre aux attentes des joueurs -et par voie de conséquence des joueuses, parité oblige…-, le prize money augmenterait de… 140% ! Une ineptie en période de crise économique mondiale.

---- POURQUOI MAINTENANT ? ----

Depuis que le « Big Four » (Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Murray) s’est emparé du pouvoir, l’équilibre économique du circuit masculin est bancal. À eux quatre, ils ont raflé près de 30% des gains en tournoi en 2011. Du jamais-vu. De même, toutes les recettes annexes se concentrent désormais presque exclusivement sur ces quatre noms. Sans intrigues mais uniquement à la force de leur talent. Ainsi, quand un joueur du top 50 pouvait « gratter » un chèque de garantie par ci-, par-là il y a quelques années, aujourd’hui, un directeur de tournoi préfère mettre le pactole sur un seul nom. Exemple : Jean-François Caujolle, qui rêve de s’offrir Federer dans son tableau à Marseille l’an prochain. Pour pouvoir débourser le million de dollars requis par les agents du Suisse, pas sûr qu’un titulaire de Coupe Davis toucherait son chèque habituel d’avant premier tour.
Au fils des mois, cette concentration financière autour du « Big Four » a divisé le vestiaire. Très remontés, les « petits » voient d’un œil noir l’omnipotence du quatuor et lui font sentir.

---- QUI SONT LES MENEURS ? ----

Du coup, et aussi surprenant que cela puisse paraître, c’est précisément le top 4, pourtant plus qu’à l’abri financièrement, qui fait campagne. Poussés par le ventre mou du classement mais aussi par un ego démesuré - « C’est grâce à nous quatre que vous, les Grands Chelems, gagnez autant d’argent, il est temps de redistribuer », estiment-ils en substance -, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer et Murray, soutenus par Brad Drewett, ont carrément convoqué, séparément, les patrons des quatre tournois du Grand Chelem pendant le dernier tournoi d’Indian Wells. Comme ses alter ego anglais, américain et australien, Gilbert Ysern, directeur général de la Fédération, assisté de Guy Forget, son nouveau bras droit, se sont donc rendus précipitamment en Californie pour s’entendre dire que l’ensemble des joueurs souhaitaient voir Roland-Garros revaloriser ses prix pour l’édition 2013 et leur soumettre une proposition formelle sous quelques semaines. Un genre d’ultimatum assorti d’un « sinon, on aura du mal à empêcher les joueurs de voter la grève… ».

Ce boycottage reste cependant hautement improbable. Car au moins deux des membres du « Big Four » redoutent par-dessus tout que Roland-Garros n’ait pas lieu cette année : Djokovic, parce qu’il est en course pour un historique « Novak Slam » à cheval sur deux ans et Nadal qui vise le record de Björn Borg avec un septième titre. Son récent retrait du conseil des joueurs de l’ATP est un indicateur de ses intentions, bien qu’il rêve d’influer pour améliorer les conditions de ses meilleurs potes du circuit, pour la plupart mal classés. Murray ayant moins de poids que les trois autres (aucun Majeur à son palmarès), c’est Federer, dont Roland-Garros n’est plus la priorité, qui a fait de cette lutte, dans le plus grand secret, son cheval de bataille. Pour des motivations pas toujours très claires - soigner son image ? Rester populaire dans le vestiaire ? Gagner toujours plus ? - et sans s’éviter quelques critiques pour autant.

---- QUE VA-T-IL SE PASSER ? ----

Puisque la grogne vient d’en bas, une solution toute simple au problème consisterait à réduire les prix distribués à partir des quarts de finale pour reverser ces sommes aux perdants des premiers tours. Mais la philanthropie n’est pas la qualité première du Suisse. Chacun de leur côté, les dirigeants des Grands Chelems planchent donc actuellement sur le sujet pour tenter de ramener à la raison cet interlocuteur de poids. En attendant, pour éteindre le feu qui couve, Roland-Garros a augmenté de manière significative la dotation des trois premiers tours. En espérant que la prochaine réunion des joueurs, prévue à Madrid, marque un retour au calme. « Je ne crois pas à la grève, disait récemment Forget. Le positif, c’est que les Grands Chelems ont décidé d’écouter les joueurs et l’ATP, car les revendications de certains sont parfois légitimes. Mais les joueurs ont besoin de jouer Roland-Garros pour leur rayonnement planétaire et leurs contrats. Dans ces tournois, ils seront toujours payés cinq ou six fois plus que sur les autres pour le même temps passés sur le terrain. » Avant d’adresser un message à « Sa Majesté » Federer : « Les Grands Chelems seront là dans quinze ans, quand les plus grandes stars d’aujourd’hui auront disparu, et pour certaines ça va arriver vite… »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ROMAIN LEFEBVRE
This article, as often in "l'Equipe" (the writer of the article is the boss of the tennis team in "l'Equipe"), is very critical of Federer, saying that he's the "leader" of the striking threats ... probably because he was the main one who talked with the slams as the president of the players' council (which is never said in the article : the journalist writes as if Fed only acted -that is asking more money for players- for personal concerns, for his image or popularity among players or whatever ... but that's his role : he's the president of the player's council, that's his responsability to do what the players want for God's sake !! ).

The article says that Nadal and Djokovic are no leaders here because they both want to win Roland-Garros a lot blablabla ... all speculations from the writer of the article.

People have to understand here that the article speaks from the French Federation's concern and then is very critical of the striking threats to get more money.

And Federer being presented as the leader of the "striking threats", and only acting (or course ) for personal concerns, and of course not accepting to decrease the prize money for top-players (as if he could accept that all by himself : he's not mandatted by other players to negotiate for a decrease ), guess what he's the devil of the story ... as often with some journalists of "l'Equipe" (one of the main writers of l'Equipe website, Carole Bouchard, for instance has been specialized in writing hating tweets about Fed ).

Last edited by duong : 04-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #44
country flag duong

The article of l'Equipe says something else :

the players asked much more, they asked an increase by 140%, if so far they get around 12% of the earnings of Roland-Garros it means that they asked to get around 30% of the whole RG's earnings.

Last edited by duong : 04-14-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: the starting point is around 12%, not 7%
Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #45
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute

The Fédération Française de Tennis
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote