Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year" - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #106
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year"

playing in the same era as 2 of the greatest slow court players and also the playing in the autumn of the GOATs career we shouldnt bully andy too much

in fact andy murray is goat- try playing against him on top spin 4 on hard difficulty- much harder than the others
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #107
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
playing in the same era as 2 of the greatest slow court players and also the playing in the autumn of the GOATs career we shouldnt bully andy too much

in fact andy murray is goat- try playing against him on top spin 4 on hard difficulty- much harder than the others
True. Top Spin 4 is a very unrealistic game in that respect though. No matter how hard and well-placed my shots are, Murray can return them strong and deep and with insane angles. He's by far the toughest guy to beat on Top Spin 4.

On the other hand, Federer is a scrub. Other than his forehand, his game sucks. Beating him is easier than beating the likes of Davydenko and even Roddick (breaking Roddick's serve is very hard on expert level).
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #108
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
the problem is that murray not winning slams means either rafa or the djoker are winning them which makes it pretty much useless to speculate about the rest of murrays season.
You took the words from my mouth.
People making calculations completely ignoring the fact that the others are raking in points too.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #109
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #110
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
True. Top Spin 4 is a very unrealistic game in that respect though. No matter how hard and well-placed my shots are, Murray can return them strong and deep and with insane angles. He's by far the toughest guy to beat on Top Spin 4.

On the other hand, Federer is a scrub. Other than his forehand, his game sucks. Beating him is easier than beating the likes of Davydenko and even Roddick (breaking Roddick's serve is very hard on expert level).
Couldn't agree more. I struggle to get games against Murray on Expert whereas it's piss easy to bagel someone like Federer. Nadal on the otherhand is the perfect difficulty of Expert I say.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #111
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

He should have said 'I am the best, in the world, at everything I do. I prove it, I claim it, I am it' and called Djokovic an Andy Murray wannabe.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #112
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Couldn't agree more. I struggle to get games against Murray on Expert whereas it's piss easy to bagel someone like Federer. Nadal on the otherhand is the perfect difficulty of Expert I say.
Yeah. I can only beat Murray with a player I created that has Power 100 Serve 93 Forehand 89 (Backhand 65 and 50 or less in every other department). The only way I can beat him is by overpowering him completely. And even then it's hard; sometimes Murray can return 140mph serves up the T with clean return winners. It's really ridiculous how overpowered he is in the game, you'd think he was the greatest player of all-time...

Agassi is a bit similar, but Murray is really ridiculous. You have to play a perfect match to beat him in a match at expert level.

Agree about Nadal. He isn't either too easy or too hard. You need to have a very high level to match him but it's not God level like Murray, not even close.

And yeah, Federer is pathetic. The creator of the game must really hate him, even Davydenko and Simon are much better than him. I really hope Top Spin 5 is a bit more realistic when it comes to player levels.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #113
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

rog's the best, so murray can win, no? judy murray will bagel djoker
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #114
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

He might aswell stand up and salute - I am the king of the world !!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #115
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is making the same mistake he always makes.
He has overloaded his clay schedule running into Roland Garros in a desperate attempt to accumulate points.

Look what it did for him when he tried this last year, post-USO. He scheduled loads of tourneys (singles and doubles) and ended up burnt out by Basel, so he was basically a no-show for Basel, Paris, and the WTF, which is a total possible points haul of 3,000 (all of which Feds took).

Murray will attempt this again, will get a bunch of points in the pre-RG tourneys, and then will be burnt out come the quarters of RG.
The only way I can see him avoiding this is if he 1) goes out early in several of the coming clay tourneys, or 2) gets an absolute cakewalk RG draw.

I think he should have taken an approach closer to Fed's. After RG is Queen's/Halle, after that, Wimbledon, after that Olympics, then USO. He should really be thinking long-term. The summer schedule is gonna be very long and busy...
I'll follow Muzz's progress with interest
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #116
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

i think he's talking about the PS3 game.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #117
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
He should have said 'I am the best, in the world, at everything I do. I prove it, I claim it, I am it' and called Djokovic an Andy Murray wannabe.
But then Murray would be a parasite, a tapeworm and a hypocrite.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #118
country flag Farenhajt

Farenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Please don't do that. Not when your (and my) favorite player has difficult parents as well...
Not gonna swim down the MTF stream, sorry, and the cases are simply incomparable. Novak's parents did all they had to to make him a champion. Judy's probably just overblown her son's ego and expectations. Period.

Last edited by Farenhajt : 04-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Farenhajt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #119
country flag Farenhajt

Farenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke007 View Post
Absolute perfection
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #120
country flag henke007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishero View Post
i think he's talking about the PS3 game.