Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year" - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #136
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year"

best of all time even

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #137
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Mugray wouldn't be #1 even when playing tennis on playstation and using cheat codes.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #138
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRocket View Post
Murray should say: I hope to say in the top5 with no forehand
You really think he'll end up outside the top 5? Who's going to leap over him? Tsonga? Ferrer? Berdych? Hahahahaha. Remember that clay is only a small part of the year and on grass/hardcourt he is better than everybody outside the top 4. Open your eyes. He's stayed in top 4 for the past 4 years and will continue to do so for a long time.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 471-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #139
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I can also go to Mars. It's possible but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Same as Murray and #1.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Looner : 05-03-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #140
country flag LastRocket

LastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andy Murray Will Forever Be Stuck in Last Place in the Top Four

Regardless of the Ivan Lendl influence, Andy Murray will not climb any higher on the ranking ladder—forever stuck at No. 4.

That is, unless one of the top three retires.

Currently 24 years of age, soon to be 25, Murray has been standing on the precipice of Grand Slam-hood for several years. Every new season brings inquiries—"Will this be the year that Andy Murray finally breaks through and wins that first major?"

Since 2008, the chances have come and gone, always with the same result. At the big moments, Murray sinks back behind the baseline and waits for the game to come to him instead of marching forward and seizing it.

When you play not to lose, then meeting those players in finals who stretch to win matches, Murray comes in second.

Ivan Lendl has stood in Murray’s shoes. He realizes from experience that it only takes that first slam title to open the floodgates, but there is not much Lendl can do—just as there was not much Mark Petche, Brad Gilbert or Miles Maclagan could do to boost Murray over that last hurdle.

The talent is there.

But Murray is primarily a defensive player, and when threatened, relies on counter-punching and defensive scrambling—all the while knowing his tennis life depends on offensive aggression.

Murray will be the Miloslav Mecir of this current crop of tennis greats, and like Mecir, Murray will go through his career slamless.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-garros/page/6

I agree, defensive players with no FH just can't get to N1 in this era. Murray is more consistent than the rest, but not better than the best (top3) & others.

Last edited by LastRocket : 05-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.
LastRocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #141
country flag Parera_Starr10

Parera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond reputeParera_Starr10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Mugray wouldn't be #1 even when playing tennis on playstation and using cheat codes.
hahahahaha, that's some funny shit. Poor Murray.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #142
country flag LastRocket

LastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I can also go to Mars. It's possible but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Same as Murray and #1.

His only chance is on the senior tour.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #143
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

omg, some you guys are so evil. but, some really hilarious posts ... the playstation one was really good.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #144
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Murray will never be the best or world number 1 in his life.Probably wont win a Slam
Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #145
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
omg, some you guys are so evil. but, some really hilarious posts ... the playstation one was really good.
Personally speaking, I'd love to see a different face with a GS trophy, be it Murray's. He's disappointed all too often though that I prefer to make fun of him so I don't raise my expectations unnecessarily.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #146
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Personally speaking, I'd love to see a different face with a GS trophy, be it Murray's. He's disappointed all too often though that I prefer to make fun of him so I don't raise my expectations unnecessarily.
bro, I hear ya. Murray is (after Nole) my favorite player. I really hope MTF will explode when Andy wins his first major . meanwhile, I don't have any problem with a good sense of humor
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #147
country flag hiperborejac

hiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond repute

Murray will be No1 in 2015, but still slamless
hiperborejac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #148
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

murray has only 3 problems:

1. he has 3 all time greats who are ahead of him. that is just the harsh reality for all of them actually. how do you deal with these 3 sharks -- clay warrior, the swiss assassin, and the great serbian slayer.

2. lacks a dominating forehand

3. testicular fortitude. he needs to work on that.

Last edited by Clay Death : 05-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #149
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
murray has only 3 problems:

1. he has 3 all time greats who are ahead of him. that is just the harsh reality for all of them actually. how do you deal with these 3 sharks -- clay warrior, the swiss assasin, and the great serbian slayer.

2. lacks a dominating forehand

3. testicular fortitude. he needs to work on that.
I thought the assassin was DelPo
Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #150
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I thought the assassin was DelPo
d-pot : the silent assassin

we can always call him the "silent executioner".
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote