The Classes/Homework Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 AM   #1
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Classes/Homework Thread

A thread for anyone who is in middle school, high school, or college. We can share our classes, complain about our homework, and give each other tips.
Of course, I don't expect much to happen yet...
I just recently got my classes for 9th Grade, they are:
English Honors
World History Honors
Geometry Honors
Physics Honors
French II
Electives:
Public Speaking
Broadcasting (it's really fun, the school has their own radio station, and I am going to be able to play songs, and talk over the radio)
Solo Singing

My summer homework is
English Honors:
Read and answer 5 essay (1 full, well-developed paragraph) questions relating to setting, theme, characters, overall impression, and plot structure on:
The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Geometry Honors:
Do a 107-question packet (pretty straight-forward geometry, though.)
World History Honors:
Read All Quiet on the Western Front, and write a 2-3 page (s) compare-contrast essay on it to World War I.
Solo Singing:
Prepare one song to sing in front of the class showing off your range and musical taste.

Anyone else get their classes/sign up for their classes yet?
Anyone got any summer homework to do?
When we bash players, we should be reminded that they would kick all our butts on the court without losing a point.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
country flag Newcomer

Newcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond reputeNewcomer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Classes/Homework Thread

Never read a book in my life.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:08 AM   #3

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
Never read a book in my life.
It's about homework and classes, have you ever gone to school?
I'm trying to start a serious discussion about classes and homework, not about reading books.
When we bash players, we should be reminded that they would kick all our butts on the court without losing a point.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:09 AM   #4
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, a fellow teenager. I'm going to be a sophomore this year. I've already done most of my summer hw

Unfortunately, I had none of the classes you're taking this year

Just make sure you get good grades, high school matters.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Ahh, a fellow teenager. I'm going to be a sophomore this year. I've already done most of my summer hw

I read all the books, did the math, just need to do the essays. (Which shouldn't be extremely difficult for me, as when I am in a philosophical and writer mood, I am pretty good and enjoy it.)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:13 AM   #6

And as for the singing? I already have at least 20 prepared songs I could do, that does not take any effort at all for me.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #7

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionalist. View Post
I read all the books, did the math, just need to do the essays. (Which shouldn't be extremely difficult for me, as when I am in a philosophical and writer mood, I am pretty good and enjoy it.)
BTW, does your school require you to do physics, or did you choose that?

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 06-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #8

Quote:
BTW, does your school require you to do physics, or did you choose that?
Required, I am placed into the honors/average/remedial by looking at grades, standardized tests, and placement tests.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:16 AM   #9

Quote:

What classes did you have last year, and are getting this year? What was the homework like? I'm interested...
Old 06-17-2014, 04:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Required, I am placed into the honors/average/remedial by looking at grades, standardized tests, and placement tests.
Gotcha... My school made us do biology freshman year.
Quote:
What classes did you have last year, and are getting this year? What was the homework like? I'm interested...
Last year I had:
Algebra 2 Honors - Very easy, homework every day, could easily bs through it as it was a completion grade
Biology Honors - Had a shitty teacher, didn't learn anything. Kids who had better teachers said it wasn't too bad, though
PIB English 9 - All we did was vocab, so not bad at all
AP Human Geography - Class wasn't bad at all, homework was not overload by any means. Haven't gotten my score back on the AP test yet, though
Spanish 2 - My classmates fucked around, since I gave an effort my teacher gave my a shit load of extra credit, so it was easy
Health - Just a req, not really a class
Business - Just messed around in that class

Wound up with all A's, and I'm not very talented, so you'll do fine Do you know about the IB program, btw?

Next year I'll have AP Government, AP Physics I, PIB English 10, PIB Spanish 3, IB Math SL1, Marketing.

EDIT: Homework in general freshman year was not bad at all. You may feel stressed at the beginning, but you'll soon realize it's far from bad

Quote:
Old 06-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #11
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

I was 14 when I joined here. Was always terrified of being mocked for (or worse yet, stupid posts excused due to) age. You seem a decent poster, better than some much older ones for sure.

Your work is way ahead of mine when I went into 10th grade and I was an honors/AP guy too- I never even took physics. I suppose that is the cost of living in the South. Of Mice and Men is a fantastic book, you should read that one first. And also anything else by Steinbeck, he's probably influenced my way of thinking more than any other fictional author. Also, what would you consider your musical taste to be out of curiosity? You seem very extroverted for someone on an internet tennis forum based on those choices of electives

Longshot, but you're an American in all honors classes in New Jersey on an internet forum and the right age- did you attend/do any programs related to CTY?

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Gotcha... My school made us do biology freshman year.

Last year I had:
Algebra 2 Honors - Very easy, homework every day, could easily bs through it as it was a completion grade
Biology Honors - Had a shitty teacher, didn't learn anything. Kids who had better teachers said it wasn't too bad, though
PIB English 9 - All we did was vocab, so not bad at all
AP Human Geography - Class wasn't bad at all, homework was not overload by any means. Haven't gotten my score back on the AP test yet, though
Spanish 2 - My classmates fucked around, since I gave an effort my teacher gave my a shit load of extra credit, so it was easy
Health - Just a req, not really a class
Business - Just messed around in that class

Wound up with all A's, and I'm not very talented, so you'll do fine Do you know about the IB program, btw?

Next year I'll have AP Government, AP Physics I, PIB English 10, PIB Spanish 3, IB Math SL1, Marketing.

EDIT: Homework in general freshman year was not bad at all. You may feel stressed at the beginning, but you'll soon realize it's far from bad
You mean the International Baccalaureate? Yes.
For some reason, my school doesn't have it...
Though we do have the National Honor Society, which I am aspiring to be a part of.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
I was 14 when I joined here. Was always terrified of being mocked for (or worse yet, stupid posts excused due to) age. You seem a decent poster, better than some much older ones for sure.

Your work is way ahead of mine when I went into 10th grade and I was an honors/AP guy too- I never even took physics. I suppose that is the cost of living in the South. Of Mice and Men is a fantastic book, you should read that one first. And also anything else by Steinbeck, he's probably influenced my way of thinking more than any other fictional author. Also, what would you consider your musical taste to be out of curiosity? You seem very extroverted for someone on an internet tennis forum based on those choices of electives

Longshot, but you're an American in all honors classes in New Jersey on an internet forum and the right age- did you attend/do any programs related to CTY?
No, even though I got 99 percentile on the Catholic standardized tests, CTY does not accepts that. Though when I was in the 4th and 5th grades, I was eligible. (I took one of the counted tests, as I was in a non-Catholic school.)
Honestly, I am so glad I am out of the Catholic system. I just feel like most of those schools put you at a disadvantage seeing as most of the gifted programs have a bias against them...
My musical taste is a lot of things. I like rock, pop, jazz, R&B, EDM, hip-hop, etc. I can also change my voice to fit the tone of a song. If it is a warm, soft, song, I can make my voice soft, airy, and warm. If it is a dramatic piano ballad, I can make my voice dramatic, darker, and heavier. The one genre I cannot and will never tolerate is country. So, I am probably doing the Muse version of "Feeling Good." (Because the original is a jazz/pop/R&B song, and the Muse version is rock)

Last edited by Delusionalist. : 06-17-2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 AM   #14
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, even though I got 99 percentile on the Catholic standardized tests, CTY does not accepts that. Though when I was in the 4th and 5th grades, I was eligible. (I took one of the counted tests, as I was in a non-Catholic school.)
Honestly, I am so glad I am out of the Catholic system. I just feel like most of those schools put you at a disadvantage seeing as most of the gifted programs have a bias against them...
At least where I am and 6 or 7 years ago the traditional standardized test results being at 99% only qualified you to take the SAT to get in and get 50th percentile in either reading or math in 7th grade (I qualified by one point. Best point of my life. Nothing and noone in life has yet compared to those 3 week periods before 8th, 11th, and particularly 9th grade). I'm ridiculously nostalgic for it, two of my best friends I met there.

I was perilously close to attending a Catholic middle school. Ended up attending a private but non-religious one.

Can you give a few favorite bands?

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
At least where I am and 6 or 7 years ago the traditional standardized test results being at 99% only qualified you to take the SAT to get in and get 50th percentile in either reading or math in 7th grade (I qualified by one point. Best point of my life. Nothing and noone in life has yet compared to those 3 week periods before 8th, 11th, and particularly 9th grade). I'm ridiculously nostalgic for it, two of my best friends I met there.

I was perilously close to attending a Catholic middle school. Ended up attending a private but non-religious one.

Can you give a few favorite bands?
Lucky you. Be glad you didn't go to one.