Seeking some transparency on poster bannings - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #1
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seeking some transparency on poster bannings

The banned users post states that posters are not banned lightly and a lot of discussion takes place prior to banning a poster. I know this is not always the case as I was banned within minutes of my post that got me banned. Clearly no such discussion took place prior to my banning as at most three mods would've seen my post. And a lot of discussion can't take place within the 5 minutes or so between my post and my ban.

So my question is do other mods review the reasons why a poster was banned after the fact? If so do they ever decide to overturn another mods decision to ban a poster? Have the mods ever discussed the idea of allowing the banned poster to appeal his ban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking some transparency on poster bannings

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
The banned users post states that posters are not banned lightly and a lot of discussion takes place prior to banning a poster. I know this is not always the case as I was banned within minutes of my post that got me banned. Clearly no such discussion took place prior to my banning as at most three mods would've seen my post. And a lot of discussion can't take place within the 5 minutes or so between my post and my ban.

So my question is do other mods review the reasons why a poster was banned after the fact? If so do they ever decide to overturn another mods decision to ban a poster? Have the mods ever discussed the idea of allowing the banned poster to appeal his ban?
Yes, they are reviewed. In some rare instances, they have been reversed. Yes, the banned poster can contact moderators. askmtfmods@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

When bans occur where the mod thinks a clear infraction has occurred, the ban is issued immediately but will be reviewed by the other mods and where appropriate, the length of the ban may be revised after discussion. In rare instances it is lifted altogether.

If we waited for all the mods to have their say before issuing a ban we'd be waiting days to deal with infractions, as it's very rare that we're all around at exactly the same time.

As Snowwy said, banned users now have the ability to discuss and/or appeal their ban with the moderators via email.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

why is Clay Death on the banned user list twice?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
why is Clay Death on the banned user list twice?
I messed up and copy pasted the line from above but forgot to change the name on the second one. His ban has not been changed.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=180121

These rules arent followed for everyone in the same way but could be only my impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Transparency is not how anyone could label the moderation around here.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

i just feel that some posters have received way too many temporary bans and who knows how many infractions to not be banned for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #9
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question, how many temporary bans are sufficient to provide a perma ban?
Yes, I'm counting, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Or... perhaps another case of 'Animal Farm', over here at MTF?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote