Filip Peliwo - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #76
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filip Peliwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
last year they have genie a wild card and she got beat 6-2, 6-2 by petkovic

i think they gave her one before she was ready, she would have been better off trying to qualify. They dont want that to happen, they have said before they want to give wild cards to players they feel can be competitive

question is would they feel that filip can be competitive

i think he's got a main draw wild card in his pocket but given that he doesnt have any experience playing at this level it might be better to make him try and qualify and give the main draw cards to peter, frank and vasek and save the other one for someone like lleyton or robin who might want it if he can play by then.or give the last one to erik since he did really well last year even in his loss
I agree, but I also do think that on the right day against the right player, Filip can do alright, if not better than Peter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #77
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

I get where you guys are coming from, that the experience of playing against the best in the world would be great for his game, but he still has a lot of time. I'd rather see him pick up 12 points from a first round qualifying win against someone drifting just inside the top 100, then have to play one of the world's best for a chance at 45 points. Next year, I want to see him playing the main draw, but not this one.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #78
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

I also wonder whether qualies are not better, but not so much because of points, but because of what you might get out of the experience. Is it beneficial to a developing junior to play someone completely out of their league? Some of the juniors I have watched playing qualies at Rogers Cup looked so miserable at being utterly outplayed - I find it difficult to imagine they are getting much positive out of the experience.

But it probably depends on the individual and their attitude. I remember hearing that Pospisil was motivated by his disappointment with his poor performance at the Rogers qualies in 2009 and that this contributed to his terrific run of 4 consecutive Futures titles that fall.

In any case I hope they talk to Filip and take into account what type of experience would work best for him.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #79
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

What i think qualifying does is gives the youngstrs a chance to calm down. No doubt they're excited to be able to play in ther home tournament and nerves are no doubt going to be an issue. Plus , again they havent experienced play at this level before. Even though filip made a semi at a challenger he didnt play anyone anywhere near what he'll experience at the rogers cup

Playing qualies gives them a chance to settle down and get into a groove, get the game going. If they qualify great and who knows, good things can happen for confident qualifiers

going by what kind of person filip seems to be if they run it by him im fairly confident he'd want the main draw wild card
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #80
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I agree, but I also do think that on the right day against the right player, Filip can do alright, if not better than Peter.
I agree with you on that one..and its kind of sad
Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #81
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
I agree with you on that one..and its kind of sad
Why is it sad?

They have completely different games, one is a ball basher and one has no weapons (forehand is pretty good though), I don't think that's really sad.

Rosol did beat Nadal, ball basher beating consistent player, it happens all the time.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #82
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Why is it sad?

They have completely different games, one is a ball basher and one has no weapons (forehand is pretty good though), I don't think that's really sad.

Rosol did beat Nadal, ball basher beating consistent player, it happens all the time.
its sad that were thinking that a player who has no experience on tha atp tour could do better with the right draw then peter

its not sad from a game point its sad in another way
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #83
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #84
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #85
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Filip has taken a WC into the Saskatoon Futures where he is the 7th seed. Seems pretty crazy to me.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #86
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

let's look at it this way, had Milos gotten a MD WC in the year he faced Gonzalez and faced him right away in R1, would he have done as good against him? I'm leaning no

I say his wins in qualies gave him more confidence and belief in himself, and the match experience from qualifying probably helped also.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #87
country flag Gonzil

On the WC question, I just realized that we have been forgetting that there are only 3 WCs this year in the Main Draw:

http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/factSheet.php

Due to the Olympics - top 16 get 1st round bye to make them more likely to show.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #88
country flag misty1
Banned!

vasek, peter and filip are still the 3 i'd guess on.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #89
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

- source: OpenCourt
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #90
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

I think misty1 is right - Frank will have to and I think will accept that Peter has some form now whereas he (Frank) is still on the mend.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote