Filip Peliwo - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #61
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filip Peliwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Wild cards to Pospisil, Peliwo, Polansky and Dancevic?
sounds abour tight . The only one i'd question is frank, not because i dont want him to get it but just because of his standing with tennis canada. I think he needs to have a strong series of tournaments leading up to the rogers cup and if he doesnt they'll probably make him try and qualify

i think filip and vasek are locked but erik, peter and frank will be running a compettion to determine who among them get the other ones

but it gets more complicated if a high profile non-canadian asks for one
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #62
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

So great to see Filip sooooo happy with that win. He played really well.

The commentators were funny - they were full of whichever player happened to be ahead in the score right then.

Anyway, absolutely amazing that we can go from no junior singles GS champions ever to 2 in one weekend!
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #63
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
sounds abour tight . The only one i'd question is frank, not because i dont want him to get it but just because of his standing with tennis canada. I think he needs to have a strong series of tournaments leading up to the rogers cup and if he doesnt they'll probably make him try and qualify

i think filip and vasek are locked but erik, peter and frank will be running a compettion to determine who among them get the other ones
I don't agree with this - Frank was denied the WC last year because of not playing Davis Cup. This year they seem to have made up and he played DC. They can't deny him again and give it to Peter over him. Remember Frank was preferred to Peter for the DC tie. And Frank is (at least for the moment) higher ranked than Peter.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #64
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
I don't agree with this - Frank was denied the WC last year because of not playing Davis Cup. This year they seem to have made up and he played DC. They can't deny him again and give it to Peter over him. Remember Frank was preferred to Peter for the DC tie. And Frank is (at least for the moment) higher ranked than Peter.
well the other reason i think they might pass him over is that he has been injured for a while and while thats unfortunate peter has been starting to do a little better lately. So if he does nothing in the month or so leading up to the rogers cup and peter does then i feel like he'll be looked over in favor of peter

They have said before they want to give wild cards to players they feel can do well and i cant see them having to much confidence in frank if he cant have a strong performance somewhere soon

personally i'd like to see frank get one but im not to confident he will
Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for Peliwo!

I hope the Juniors keep it up. Genie and Filip are on their last year so I hope some others step up also.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #66
country flag Gonzil

Colette Lewis tweets:

Filip Peliwo will take over the No. 1 ITF Junior ranking from finalist Luke Saville on Mon., according to ITF
Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #67
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Filip

I think it'll be close. I tweeted about it earlier in the week, I think Vasek, Frank, and Peter are locks unless they get injured. Filip needed this to have a chance I think, if a Canadian gets it it's between him or Erik, too close to call imo. I certainly hope he gets it.
I'd be happier with a qualifying wildcard, more realistic chance of winning a match, and the points are still good.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #68
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Filip! Finally winning a major! yay

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #69
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
I'd be happier with a qualifying wildcard, more realistic chance of winning a match, and the points are still good.
That's true, I hadn't thought of that, either is fine with me

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #70
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
I was thinking the same thing I wouldn't mind a MD wild card for him, but I'd rather that go to someone who's been there before like Peter and Frank.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #71
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he would take one from Peter or Frank, it he gets one it'll be instead of Erik.

I'd like to him to get a MD one so he can be on center court, I'll show up to watch him for qualifying as well but I'd like to get to watch him on Center

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #72
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
I was thinking the same thing I wouldn't mind a MD wild card for him, but I'd rather that go to someone who's been there before like Peter and Frank.
I agree in theory - on the other hand Filip accomplished something no other Canadian player in history ever accomplished, has made all three GS junior finals, and is clearly the future of Canadian tennis. Remember the beneficial experience Milos got from playing Gonzalez. He already made a semi-final in a challenger, would be for recognition purposes if anything.

Plus Peter, Frank, and especially Erik are going to play challengers/futures the rest of their career - there is no more significant upside. Based on recent play Filip is a future top 50 player.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #73
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I agree in theory - on the other hand Filip accomplished something no other Canadian player in history ever accomplished, has made all three GS junior finals, and is clearly the future of Canadian tennis. Remember the beneficial experience Milos got from playing Gonzalez. He already made a semi-final in a challenger, would be for recognition purposes if anything.

Plus Peter, Frank, and especially Erik are going to play challengers/futures the rest of their career - there is no more significant upside. Based on recent play Filip is a future top 50 player.
Milos got to play Gonzalez because he qualified though
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #74
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Why did his parents move to Canada? He's the only sibling to have been born in Canada.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #75
country flag misty1
Banned!

last year they have genie a wild card and she got beat 6-2, 6-2 by petkovic

i think they gave her one before she was ready, she would have been better off trying to qualify. They dont want that to happen, they have said before they want to give wild cards to players they feel can be competitive

question is would they feel that filip can be competitive

i think he's got a main draw wild card in his pocket but given that he doesnt have any experience playing at this level it might be better to make him try and qualify and give the main draw cards to peter, frank and vasek and save the other one for someone like lleyton or robin who might want it if he can play by then.or give the last one to erik since he did really well last year even in his loss