What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Filo V's avatar?

I think it is in good taste 7 33.33%
I think it is in bad taste 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Anyone who finds this offensive: keep in mind you are getting irked by a picture of a person who probably never existed giving you the finger. That is all.

Oh, by the way Filo, you're goung to put a "FUCK YOU" avatar so people can see what message you're trying to convey? On an internet forum? Are you serious?

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,083,768 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 458-145...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #77
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Shelly Kagan, Professor of Philosophy at Yale.

He is not mainstream and has a huge ego, but he's boss.
Loved him debating William Lane Craig. Have you seen it?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #78
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Loved him debating William Lane Craig. Have you seen it?
Of course. The only time Craig has been clearly defeated, which says a lot about Craig's superb debating skills.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #79
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course. The only time Craig has been clearly defeated, which says a lot about Craig's superb debating skills.
Yeah I checked some WLC material a some time ago for the first time when Seingeist introduced him in the Bible Question Thread. Since then I regularly develop an interest on the topic and check out relevant vids or news related to debating. I do this intensly for a few weeks at a time until my interest stops (for a while at least). The Kagan/Craig debate was one of the first I watched.

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #80
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Yeah I checked some WLC material a some time ago for the first time when Seingeist introduced him in the Bible Question Thread. Since then I regularly develop an interest on the topic and check out relevant vids or news related to debating. I do this intensly for a few weeks at a time until my interest stops (for a while at least). The Kagan/Craig debate was one of the first I watched.
Craig is a remarkable individual. He manages to win debates despite using the same arguments over and over again since 20 years ago. His debaters are usually not as trained in debating, not as prepared and not as eloquent as Craig. Out of all the debates I've seen, Kagan was the only one that clearly beat him, and Peter Millican did a good job as well.

It's annoying that his debaters are so unprepared when they face him... I mean for the last five years or so Craig's been quoting the Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem to support his trademark cosmological argument by stating that said theorem proves the universe cannot be infinite in the past and therefore must have a beginning, and since nothing can come from nothing... enter God. Yet not a single debater has been able to do as Craig and quote the same Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenking saying about their theorem that the universe can come from literally nothing. I mean, Vilenkin even wrote a paper titles "Creation of Universes from Nothing" that he starts defining thus: "A cosmological model is proposed in which the universe is created by quantum tunneling from literally nothing".

You do not win debates by holding the most plausible arguments, you do it by exposing them properly and convincing your audience. Craig is a master in that.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #81
country flag BadLineJudge

BadLineJudge is on a distinguished road

Why doesn't the poll have an "I think it's in neither good or bad taste because i don't give a toss about others' sexual preferences" option?

or "neither".
BadLineJudge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #82
country flag BadLineJudge

BadLineJudge is on a distinguished road

oh wait, it's not the current one you're whining about.

meh!
BadLineJudge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #83
country flag Lopez

Quote:
It's annoying that his debaters are so unprepared when they face him... I mean for the last five years or so Craig's been quoting the Borde-Guth-Vilenkin theorem to support his trademark cosmological argument by stating that said theorem proves the universe cannot be infinite in the past and therefore must have a beginning, and since nothing can come from nothing... enter God. Yet not a single debater has been able to do as Craig and quote the same Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenking saying about their theorem that the universe can come from literally nothing. I mean, Vilenkin even wrote a paper titles "Creation of Universes from Nothing" that he starts defining thus: "A cosmological model is proposed in which the universe is created by quantum tunneling from literally nothing".
That's what irritates me immensly as well! Both Guth and Vilenkin, who wrote the paper, don't believe in god and say that universe did come from nothing. Additionally, it's weird that Craig states that infinity cannot exist in the real world and then refers to the Big Bang singularity "of infinite density" . Talk about being contradictive!

I've studied some physics related to my degree in Engineering (of course nothing so advanced) and it baffles me that no one attacks the faulty physics in Craig's cosmological argument. I posted a vid about it in the Bible Question thread, it's probably the last post in that thread since no one commented on it. Good stuff .

Old 03-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #84
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm changing my marriage avatar to something more tennis oriented. I mean, of course, I love supporting my gays, but I'm too much in a tennis state of mind right now.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #85
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Does everyone approve of that? Do I need the approval of everyone before deciding which avatar I will or wont use? Maybe I'll use this thread to do that, ask people what they think about EVERY SINGLE avatar/signature choice I make before I make it. Because, you know, I'm all about being respectful and I'm soooooo not wanting to hurt the feelings of anyone
Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #86
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shelly Kagan, Professor of Philosophy at Yale.

He is not mainstream and has a huge ego, but he's boss.
I love people with huge egos (like Fed).

Quote:
I started thinking.

I realised there are no good reasons to believe in the existence of any deity, and there are plenty of good reasons to believe they are a human construct.
I agree. What are your thoughts on death? I'm reading Julian Barnes' Nothing to be Frightened Of where he discusses his fear of death and his lack of religiousness. To me, and to put it simplistically, religion makes death mpre acceptable - insofar as death could ever be acceptable - for people as it gives them some sort of promise of an afterlife. It seems like it's easy to dismiss it when you're young and death is generally quite far away; but what if you're suddenly faced with it, either your own or someone that you love? I can't foresee religion ever being a source of comfort for me (which is why I've taken to reading that Barnes book) but I just wonder what normal atheists think of this. It's okay to think of myself fading into oblivion once I die, but it's hard to really accept this when it comes to the people that I love.

I don't think I've expressed myself well but I hope you get what I mean.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #87
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLineJudge View Post
Why doesn't the poll have an "I think it's in neither good or bad taste because i don't give a toss about others' sexual preferences" option?

or "neither".
Because the easiest thing in the world is to be indifferent to things around you. And that doesn't go well with me. I always give-a-damn (though I suffer frequently for it, but I learn more about life, just because I take the punches). We are in the world to know the truth of things, not while time away because everything seemingly ends at nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Does everyone approve of that?
I do. Thanks for a flash-in-the-pan show of maturity.

Quote:
Do I need the approval of everyone before deciding which avatar I will or wont use?
No. You need a Conscience.

Quote:
Maybe I'll use this thread to do that, ask people what they think about EVERY SINGLE avatar/signature choice I make before I make it. Because, you know, I'm all about being respectful and I'm soooooo not wanting to hurt the feelings of anyone
Knowing your recent history, that would be nice.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #88
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

The poll should have had a 3rd choice:

I think it is (was) attention-whorism.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #89
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
The poll should have had a 3rd choice:

I think it is (was) attention-whorism.
We all already know you're an attention whore, honey. And an actual whore at that, too. We didn't need clarification
Old 03-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #90
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
We all already know you're an attention whore, honey. And an actual whore at that, too. We didn't need clarification
Wow... Good one, ass clown.

How many threads have you started that have you as the topic? How many threads have you started in GM since Miami started?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote