What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Filo V's avatar?

I think it is in good taste 7 33.33%
I think it is in bad taste 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Not that I care but isn't the gesture in itself offensive regardless of of whose giving it? Not surprising that some people don't appreciate seeing the middle finger all the time when browsing MTF.

Ajde
Speaking as objectively as I can, this is the best response in this thread.

I personally don't care though. The poll should have a third option - "who gives a shit".
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #32
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an atheist, but my mother is a methodist minister. Having said that, I've had my share of indoctrination and read the scripture and the Jesus character I read about certainly wasn't beyond giving people the finger every once in a while. so Filo's avatar isn't necessarily out of character.

"Intent doesn't matter"? My previous avatar wasn't intended as a provocation (quite the contrary, in fact), yet was deleted without ANY explanation (even when the latter was specifically and courteously requested) by a power hungry mod who made no effort to understand my motives or intentions whatsoever. I've left forums with less provocation than that. I stick around this place because of the (sometimes involuntary) humor on display.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

Last edited by kinski76 : 03-21-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
kinski76 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

The gesture is as offensive as you make it. If you think it's directed at you, and you're offended, then my job has been done.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #34
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinski76 View Post
"Intent doesn't matter"? My previous avatar wasn't intended as a provocation (quite the contrary, in fact), yet was deleted without ANY explanation (even when the latter was specifically and courteously requested) by a power hungry mod who made no effort to understand my motives or intentions whatsoever. I've left forums with less provocation than that. I stick around this place because of the (sometimes involuntarily) humor on display.
People here are overly sensitive and think that others should walk on eggshells in talking/behavior with them. I don't find much humor on this forum, but I do agree that rules need to be less restrictive at this place and that more freedom for posters is a great thing and much needed.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #35
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm an atheist, but my mother is a methodist minister. Having said that, I've had my share of indoctrination and read the scripture and the Jesus character I read about certainly wasn't beyond giving people the finger every once in a while. so Filo's avatar isn't necessarily out of character.

"Intent doesn't matter"? My previous avatar wasn't intended as a provocation (quite the contrary, in fact), yet was deleted without ANY explanation (even when the latter was specifically and courteously requested) by a power hungry mod who made no effort to understand my motives or intentions whatsoever. I've left forums with less provocation than that. I stick around this place because of the (sometimes involuntarily) humor on display.
What was your previous avatar?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #36
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Well im a christian, but im not that religious so i dont find this offensive, i mean its nothing wrong with Filo's avi at all, i mean it shouldnt harm anyone at all.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #37
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah, that bit about throwing the money-lenders out of the temple and frequently clashing with the authorities of the time.

Nah, I don't have any problem with the avatar
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #38
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
People here are overly sensitive and think that others should walk on eggshells in talking/behavior with them. I don't find much humor on this forum, but I do agree that rules need to be less restrictive at this place and that more freedom for posters is a great thing and much needed.
Quote:
This is the reality, although people will make posts full of hope and cheeriness. Life's a bitch and it's how you accept and adjust to this that matters. We're living in a world with evil all around us. There are positive moments, there are rays of sunshine, you have to keep going to see and hope those days come again. I question sometimes if it's even worth it, to go through the struggles, to read the countless stories of horrific behavior I didn't think was possible from my fellow man. The world is really total bullshit. Genuinely kind, sensitive hearted individuals aren't cut out for it, we're too good for this.
Your second post is from the 'what's the point of living?' thread. So what are you being to another individual, 'sensitive or insensitive?'

Are you the poster in the first quote who justifies his false reasoning for tainting an individual's image in the eyes of millions of sensitive people who have their faith and genuine respect towards him, and even in their most trying times, economic hardships and failures, never see him - of all people - as someone who'd turn towards them with a lowly gesture likened to those 'I don't give a damn about the world,' kind of jerks - you know, the kinds that get drunk and beat their wives and kids cause they are too weak to face life. Well, this individual did give a damn about the world, and he gave his life for it.

OR

Are you the "genuinely kind, sensitive-hearted individual" you claim to be in your second quote, who by the image you create of yourself certainly ought to be sensitive to the needs of other individuals, most certainly to the image of an individual who even now, inspires and gives hope to millions of other "sensitive-hearted" people, even if he doesn't inspire you, or whatever be your personal grudges with him.

Everyone has their fight with God/Consciousness/Creation/Nature, and no one's life is easy - but why malign someone's reputation - someone who of all people, unlike the self-serving politicians and attention-hogging superstars of our world, actually, in his time -with all his mental and spiritual powers - came out to help ordinary people like a simple friend? Isn't that a rare man?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 03-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I'm not anti-Jesus.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #40
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I'm sensitive but I also don't give a fuck. Some things are bullshit, and I treat them like bullshit accordingly. Like the pleas for me to change my avatar. It's mostly bullshit, IMO. I gave my reasons why I chose it, if people continue to choose to be offended, it's no longer my problem. You can be sensitive without being over-sensitive, and PC.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #41
country flag cristalmeister

cristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond repute

I like that avatar, one of few funny!
I'd say people who react 'badly' to it should ransack what they think is so offensive and aim their discontent elsewhere (perhaps to something that actually matters in this world).

Gael Monfils, Robin Söderling, Florian Mayer, Ernests Gulbis, Elias Ymer, Richard Gasquet, Roger Federer

(in order of penis size)
cristalmeister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #42
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize it was Jesus I agree, the finger just doesn't go with Jesus, so it's a bad taste. But the guy has right to use the avatar he likes To me that's the face and the finger of Filo and yes, every time I see his post I feel like he says "F*ck you" to me. Not a pleasant feeling but shit happens :sigh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
There is few things in life that I appreciate more than Nadal getting roasted. I'm serious, it brings me joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
to be honest, I just want to see Rafa lose. I get aroused when I see Rafa's heartbreaking moments
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sensitive but I also don't give a fuck. Some things are bullshit, and I treat them like bullshit accordingly. Like the pleas for me to change my avatar. It's mostly bullshit, IMO. I gave my reasons why I chose it, if people continue to choose to be offended, it's no longer my problem. You can be sensitive without being over-sensitive, and PC.
Nobody cares. In your determination to shout from the rooftops that you don't care who is offended, you are missing the embarrassing truth that nobody really cares that you don't care.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #44
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
Whatever the intent is, at least some things should stay untouched.
Bullshit.

Enough with this outrageous veil of immunity religion is supposed to have.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #45
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sensitive but I also don't give a fuck.
You say you are not anti-Jesus but are doing things which are anti-Jesus.

Please don't give self-contradictory statements only to prove a point. You prove nothing. Anyone sensible can read into your total lack of logic. Sensitive people care. Insensitive people don't care. You can't be sensitive and insensitive about the same issue at the same time. The endorsement of your action is similar to saying, 'I care about black people but I still wanna shoot the f***ing niggers!' Either you do or you don't. Don't self-contradict yourself.

Quote:
Some things are bullshit, and I treat them like bullshit accordingly. Like the pleas for me to change my avatar.
The pleas are valid. This is liberal public forum open to all people from the world. And as with every community, you need to be careful about what can be brought openly in public. Don't misuse its liberal ideology to suit your theories. You want to walk naked in the boulevard. Well, you might want to, but if the laws restrict you; you will be led away. You can't say 'this is how I am and all of you have to accept me as I am.' Its about communal harmony. Everything is not accepted everywhere. If you wanna go nude, go to a nudist beach. There it wouldn't be a crime.

Similarly, this is not some underground anti-Christ forum. There your avatar might have been valid because you would be among your lot. But to most people, Jesus is a revered saint and to publicly humiliate him is to humiliate those who believe in him. That is not being sensitive. That is being a very weak man who doesn't care. Your actions are not justified. You act like a petulant twelve year old without regard to consequence of his actions.

Tell me, would you have the audacity to do what you did, to Mohammed? You wouldn't. It would make headline news. They'd track down your IP, send a man of your own religion to your doorstep, and chop those pretty fingers running mayhem on a keypad and there'd be no middle finger to show anyone. Jesus is a soft target, and Christians are more liberal, and hence your show of false courage, chat-room hero.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote