If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

Ask him what his plans are in regard to celebrating the 10th anniversary of beating the long-dead vocalist of The Doors in straights.
Edberg / Rafter / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

With all your money surely you get that nose fixed?
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Has the OP read actual transcripts of Fed's post-match pressers before?? Back in his dominant years, yea, journos sucked up to him cos they had no choice, he was the best in the world. But since 2008, esp. 2010 onwards, it's been getting more cutthroat and very rude must say, some of the questions don't even have the common courtesy of having veiled politeness.

Fed gets asked the retirement/age question at least twice every interview: (keep in mind Fed is also the most interviewed athlete in the world)

a) how long more are you playing on? when will you stop for good? think you'll keep coming back to AO after this loss? (got asked this right after the Nadal loss this year)

b) think you can still keep up with your main rivals, Nadal, Djoker, Murray, at your age?

c) why haven't you won a slam in 2 years? think you still have it in you?

fuck me, there's no tact in any of these versions of question they ask him. dunno how Fed summoned all the patience and politeness to deal with this barrage. Try sitting down in front of the scavengers and answering variants of these questions esp. for someone of Fed's stature in the game and then repeat the same stuff in 3 other languages. goddamn. that skin must be stretched like barb wire by now.
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #19
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Well he had fun with the one I know who trolled his presscon. He made her look stupid by explaining that 63 FSP is actually quite average and normal in tennis. The transcript of that one is comedy gold/great example of a wannabe journo getting pwned.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.

Last edited by LisaKoh : 03-21-2012 at 06:50 AM.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #20
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

'why does your left arm look like it belongs to E.T...? is it malnourished...?'
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #21
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Has the OP read actual transcripts of Fed's post-match pressers before?? Back in his dominant years, yea, journos sucked up to him cos they had no choice, he was the best in the world. But since 2008, esp. 2010 onwards, it's been getting more cutthroat and very rude must say, some of the questions don't even have the common courtesy of having veiled politeness.

Fed gets asked the retirement/age question at least twice every interview: (keep in mind Fed is also the most interviewed athlete in the world)

a) how long more are you playing on? when will you stop for good? think you'll keep coming back to AO after this loss? (got asked this right after the Nadal loss this year)

b) think you can still keep up with your main rivals, Nadal, Djoker, Murray, at your age?

c) why haven't you won a slam in 2 years? think you still have it in you?

fuck me, there's no tact in any of these versions of question they ask him. dunno how Fed summoned all the patience and politeness to deal with this barrage. Try sitting down in front of the scavengers and answering variants of these questions esp. for someone of Fed's stature in the game and then repeat the same stuff in 3 other languages. goddamn. that skin must be stretched like barb wire by now.
After he lost to Stepanek in Rome 2008:
Q. Many people say that this year is the beginning of the end. What do you think about?
ROGER FEDERER: Next question, please.
I'll never forget that one.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Well... assuming there's something simmilar to a voice coming out from my throat... i would ask... no... it's impossible for me, would become 100% speechless.

But maybe i can give him a paper saying 'how does it feel to be tennis royalty?' and a

P.S. Ask for a twitter account too! And if he likes chocolate.
P.S 2 YES, TERRIBLE JOURNALIST.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
How he came up with Start Da Game as his MTF name.

Ajde.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Did you cry after reading an interview with Wojtek Fibak where he declared 40-years old Jimmy Connors would take you to 5 sets in your prime?
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute

why you never wear green outfit
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #26
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
After he lost to Stepanek in Rome 2008:
Q. Many people say that this year is the beginning of the end. What do you think about?
ROGER FEDERER: Next question, please.
I'll never forget that one.
yea I remember that one. Fed was too diplomatic. Should have said something like "meet me outside the parking lot later and we can exchange words if you like", Roddick could give him some tips
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #27
country flag dabeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_is_not_fat View Post
Well... assuming there's something simmilar to a voice coming out from my throat... i would ask... no... it's impossible for me, would become 100% speechless.

But maybe i can give him a paper saying 'how does it feel to be tennis royalty?' and a

P.S. Ask for a twitter account too! And if he likes chocolate.
P.S 2 YES, TERRIBLE JOURNALIST.
Fed is the brand ambassador of Lindt & Sprüngli so he has a lifetime supply of chocolate. He's forced to like it even if he doesn't but i read that he loves chocolate tho.

I would prob ask him if he ever felt like kicking Nadal's water bottles at the changeover. just for the hell of it.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

1) Have you considered shaving your right arm to reduce wind resistance?
2) Should a robot from the future be sent back to stop Nadal's parents in 1985?
3) Do you know there is a crazy internet forum where everything you say in pressers is twisted?
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the chance, I would ask him about the infamous "cup" so we can finally settle that debate in the Bulge Thread.

Obviously, I have my priorities straight.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #30
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
yea I remember that one. Fed was too diplomatic. Should have said something like "meet me outside the parking lot later and we can exchange words if you like", Roddick could give him some tips
Nah, he should just cut to the chase: "Fuck you and fuck off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
If I had the chance, I would ask him about the infamous "cup" so we can finally settle that debate in the Bulge Thread.

Obviously, I have my priorities straight.
Definitely off to check that out now.