If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

I'm amazed as how civilly the journalists behave towards Federer, especially in regard to his losing H2H and mental issues against Rafa. I like it to be this way, but I cannot stop wondering why. Is he so respected and adored in the harsh world of sports media?

I would love to see some journalist asking him about all those defeats, about the matchup issue (and if he thinks he has a big problem, matchup wise, with Rafa or if it's a mental problem) and, of course, the big one, if he sees himself as a better or a lesser player in comparison to Rafa.

There's a second big one, also: if he fears that his GS record is in danger because of Rafa's consistency and relentless pursuit of the Djoker, as it was the case in the past with the Spaniards' continuous push towards the no.1 ranking, in the times of Fed's reign at the top of men's tennis.

I'd also like to ask Roger if he feels that Novak really contained Rafa's push towards the GS record, at least temporarily, in 2011 and if he feels the Serb will be able to do it for one more year.

Fair and square questions, and I'd demand to the Swiss a fair and square answer. No bullshit, no twists and turns of the phrase, no politically correct answers.

Why are the journalists almost never taking it to Fed?

And if you'd be a journalist in a Roger's presser, what would you ask the former world no.1? What's the first question you would ask him?

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...

Last edited by fsoica : 03-19-2012 at 02:34 PM.
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

Federer is a primadona who is promoted by the big companies and the big money and they don't want any thought, emotion or any fact to come out that could challenge him selling watches , cars and other materials. If they can keep the myth of federer growing, they can sell more stuff and the selling precludes any sporting rivarly here.
You can see tennis arenas are now filled with advertisements all over the court.
And the journalist want the cut of the money so they are interested as well in promoting him and not criticising him in any way.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

Rogie, mate, how do you keep your chest hair so nicely groomed?

Ajde

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
country flag Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think you are the greatest ever tennis player? even you still got owned by Nadal?
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
Federer is a primadona who is promoted by the big companies and the big money and they don't want any thought, emotion or any fact to come out that could challenge him selling watches , cars and other materials. If they can keep the myth of federer growing, they can sell more stuff and the selling precludes any sporting rivarly here.
You can see tennis arenas are now filled with advertisements all over the court.
And the journalist want the cut of the money so they are interested as well in promoting him and not criticising him in any way.
lots'o BS. and the question is?

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

You're kidding right? Roger always gets grilled about his H2H just look at the press transcripts after every RG defeat to Rafa...and Roger is actually the least PR answers guy...

when he's asked a question her answer it head on to the point were people dismiss him as harsh/arrogant.

gets asked about time wasting...says that Rafa abuses the system because the systen allows him

gets asked about Novak's "illnesses' and retirements...say he's made a habit of retiring

gets asked about his hatred for hawkeye ...says its has many faults but has no choice but to use it since its in place

but despite all the talk of his arrogance Roger HAS NEVER GONE ON RECORD SAYING HE'S THE GREATEST he always talked of being happy TO BE IN THE MIX so exactly why would he have answer questions about the H2H?

I can't remember too many interviewers asking Rafa
why he can't defend a single title outside of clay?
why he feels the need to communicate with his uncle mid match?
why he keeps his competitors waiting near the net?
why he never ackowledges his the favourite going into many of the clay tournaments he now owns?
why he talks of his injuries after a defeat and rarely after a win?
whether he feels the slowing of the courts have helped claim many titles or reach the finals of tournaments he couldn't in the mid naughties?
and he only got asked about his time wasting antics after Roger answered the question honestly!

and with the exception of the season length Rafa rarely answers questions honestly he deflects pressure from himself by dishonestly saying he's not the favourite in tournaments when he's exactly that! and when he does have a go at athletes he does so in a passive agressive way so that he doesn't get called out on it!

Last edited by tennis2tennis : 03-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Roger's promoted because he broke more record than anyone in the history of the sport. Roger's promoted because he's eloquent and articulate in more than one language. Roger's promoted because HE GETS VOTED PLAYER FAVOURITE year in year out. Roger get's promoted because his family don't interfer or offend. Roger gets promoted because he doesn't cheat. Roger get's promoted because HE SELLS. Roger gets promoted because more fans like him than the other players!

DEAL WITH IT!!!
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger is still more honest when answering questions than Nole, not to mention Humbalito.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Why settle for less when you could have had someone way hotter than Mirka?
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

I'd ask him "What is your problem with Djokovic?"

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

He gets asked so many stupid reptitive boring questions.

I'm quite interested in his charity work so I'd probably ask something about that maybe?
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #12
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

I actually know someone who was in a presser with Federer and she being a Nadaltard, starting asking him about his FS percentage and why it was so low.

It was 63% during the match, which he won.

True story.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #13
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

How he came up with Start Da Game as his MTF name.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #14
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

Ajde.
Omg.

I'd ask him when he's gonna come to Singapore and propose to me.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

Ajde.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote