WWW Indian Wells SF: Nadal vs Federer - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Nadal in 2 78 41.49%
Nadal in 3 46 24.47%
Federer in 2 35 18.62%
Federer in 3 29 15.43%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #196
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Indian Wells SF: Nadal vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
In general, all tennis player fans are more emotionally attached to the game/results than the player him/herself .

I find it quite sad .
Not really. Would be sad though.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #197
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post

nadal to tell fed at the net 'youre my monkey no?'
Well, it's very un-sportsmanlike but, I would love to see it happen
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #198
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Funny seeing people posting shit about Fed about to be "humiliated"... Sure Federer loses often to Nadal but he almost always puts up a fight. In RG08 he got humiliated but that was 4 years ago - regardless of how hard Start da Fail clings onto it in his signature. (Nadal on the other hand got humiliated back, as recent as WTF11.)

Federer is serving too well to be crushed here. I expect this to be a close match at the very least.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #199
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

no matter how the fedtards try to downplay it, feds pathetic losing record against nadal is going to be a huge shitstain on his career. should have risen up to the occasion and try to find a way to beat him but he thought he was the goat and he paid the price by becoming a laughingstock.
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #200
country flag thehotstuff66

thehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond reputethehotstuff66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
no matter how the fedtards try to downplay it, feds pathetic losing record against nadal is going to be a huge shitstain on his career. should have risen up to the occasion and try to find a way to beat him but he thought he was the goat and he paid the price by becoming a laughingstock.

That's just stupid thinking right there. When Fed is in the ITHF(hall of fame) they are not going to be looking at his head to head against Nadal...that's so stupid, it's laughable.

Do they even mention that stuff with Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi, Hell No and they wont mention it for Fed.

Only Nadal and Fed fans care about that crap. Fed has nothing to prove. He got the French, which is the only one he needed. Doesnt matter if he played Nadal or not. He has it. As far as gold medal concerned, he has that too, even if it's doubles, the point is he got it.

As a Fed fan, I only care that he tries his best in each match and that he has the desire to keep on playing. Sure, i want him to win but in the great scheme of things, just continuing to see him play is a joy. No one, not Nadal or Djokovic will accomplish the things that Fed has accomplished and is still accomplishing at his age....When either Nadal or Nole get to 16 grand slams, look me up and they will get their props but until then, Fed is the one that those two have to equal in grandslams before either fan group needs to be talking trash talk.

That's all i have to say about that.

Cat
thehotstuff66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #201
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
I am really excited to witness this matchup. I wonder what we lucky audience will be treated to this time..?

Ajde..???
Old 03-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #202
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

Tards, guys, fellas....

Federer doesn't need to be the best of all time in order to be the most adored and talented player ever. Let's be honest once and for all: Nadal is a better player overall, much more consistent throughout a match and much more adaptable to his opponents than Federer. So what? I can live with it.

What noone will never take away from Federer is the fact that in JesusFed mode he is untouchable (I don't care about the weeks, slams or other stupid records). That, the fact that he is an artist of the highest possible quality, hurts a lot of Rafa lovers and that's why, even at 18-9 and with Fed closing the age of 31, they still fear the old man. Rafa knows this detail (Fed being the embodiment of tennis itself), and can live with it. Actually he grew up acknowledging this truth and that made him the Rock that he is now.

I give a lot of shit abt their H2H, don't get me wrong, I would have loved it to be the other way around, but I can live like that, knowing that when Fed is flowing he is just untouchable, art of the highest and purest quality to watch. And this doesn't mean that Rafa is not talented. He is one of the most talented players that ever lived to play this hell of a game named tennis. Only that nowadays there are at least 2 players more likeable to watch. And I mean Fed and Nalby.

Even if it comes to, let's say, 30-11 at some point, and with Fed at 34-35 years of age, I am sure that in some God-forsaken day of some God-forsaken tourney that untouchable side of Fed will reveal itself once again and kick the hell out of Rafa's 29-30 years old big behind

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...

Last edited by fsoica : 03-17-2012 at 03:03 PM.
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #203
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

We are reaching the "match-up" stage of the tournament when Nadal beats Federer and Djokovic then beats Nadal.

Nadal achieving a 10 winning differential over Federer and for Djokovic an 8th successive win over Nadal.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #204
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Fed to become turkey ,, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Subsequently nadull to suffer a 8 loss in finals against his main rival. It seems in the fedal era , their main rival owns them , some funny shit.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #205
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I think not even Nadal is as excited as Start da Ejaculation

You left out the word "premature" somewhere in there.

Quote:
Just one word: No.

I don't even know why I bothered replying.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #206
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsoica View Post
Tards, guys, fellas....

Federer doesn't need to be the best of all time in order to be the most adored and talented player ever. Let's be honest once and for all: Nadal is a better player overall, much more consistent throughout a match and much more adaptable to his opponents than Federer. So what? I can live with it.
It depends on how you define "better". Nadal is more consistent, yes. (Although you could argue that in 04-07, Federer was extremely consistent as well, perhaps more so than Nadal.) Nadal may be the more adaptable one as well, but his adaptability is also overrated because his defensive playing style was designed by U. Toni to have as few holes in it as possible to begin with. The homogenization of the courts has also helped Nadal to adapt easier. But I admit that Rafa has made the most of his game and worked harder to make progress than Federer has. That is why I, if pushed, will admit I don't mind him winning 10 slams despite his annoying antics. I can also accept him having a winning record against Roger. My only real problem is his pathetic tards here on MTF.

The rest of your post I agree with.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #207
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehotstuff66 View Post
That's just stupid thinking right there. When Fed is in the ITHF(hall of fame) they are not going to be looking at his head to head against Nadal...that's so stupid, it's laughable.

Do they even mention that stuff with Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi, Hell No and they wont mention it for Fed.

Only Nadal and Fed fans care about that crap. Fed has nothing to prove. He got the French, which is the only one he needed. Doesnt matter if he played Nadal or not. He has it. As far as gold medal concerned, he has that too, even if it's doubles, the point is he got it.

As a Fed fan, I only care that he tries his best in each match and that he has the desire to keep on playing. Sure, i want him to win but in the great scheme of things, just continuing to see him play is a joy. No one, not Nadal or Djokovic will accomplish the things that Fed has accomplished and is still accomplishing at his age....When either Nadal or Nole get to 16 grand slams, look me up and they will get their props but until then, Fed is the one that those two have to equal in grandslams before either fan group needs to be talking trash talk.

That's all i have to say about that.

Cat
You are a glory hunter and not a fan. Real fan cares about a rivalry and gets excited about it.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #208
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True . It is a stain in his career but it's a price he has to pay .however nadull being owned by his main rival age wise is just as bad maybe even worse for 2 factors
1 nadull n Novak are around the same age .
2 nadull is in his tradition Prime and being own .

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE

Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #209
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Federer in 3
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #210
country flag luie

Nadull is bi. ( he gives it to fed and takes it from nole)

ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
NOTHING MORE