IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #121
country flag GOAT in progress

GOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4

Ajde Rafa. Destroy old complex again.
Mardy Fish: “I have played all of the top players but Novak is the toughest opponent because he has no weaknesses. With Roger you feel like you have a game plan of trying to get the ball into his backhand. With Rafa you feel like you can try to take his time away and get free points on your serve because he stands deeper in the court. With Novak, there is no safe place to hit the ball. And as a result you feel so much pressure playing him.”
GOAT in progress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #122
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT in progress View Post
Ajde Rafa. Destroy old complex again.
noletards are aware this is the final. If nadal wins the title is nole's, if fed beats nadal surely won't lose to nole
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #123
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal was beyond awful in the first hour and a half or so, couldn't keep a ball in play (when's the last time this guy had 39 UE's in 3 sets?), Nalbandian played about as well as he could. After that Nadal raised his level, Nalby's dropped because of this, and it was over.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #124
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Nadal was beyond awful in the first hour and a half or so, couldn't keep a ball in play (when's the last time this guy had 39 UE's in 3 sets?), Nalbandian played about as well as he could. After that Nadal raised his level, Nalby's dropped because of this, and it was over.
are you for real? Did you not see their matches in 2007? Nadal played way better there then he did today and still got smashed.

Nadal was awful for most of the match today. Nalbandian was so-so, and blew it when it mattered. I was especially disappointed with the timid balls Nalby played most of the time. If you're gonna make this many UE's you might as well try to hit some serious offensive shots. Alot of his shots dropped short and landed in the middle of the court. If Nadal had been in better form, he'd have won this in 2 easy sets against this Nalbandian.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #125
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

nalby cant win against nadal, rafa is way stronger mentally and physically also

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #126
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Nalbandian played about as well as he could.
oh my boy. clearly not too interested in tennis when Dave was playing as well as he could . Nalbandian playing as well as he could would have beaten nadal badly, something like 2 and 3 and this with the assumption nadal playing well, not shitty like yesterday
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #127
country flag GOAT in progress

GOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
noletards are aware this is the final. If nadal wins the title is nole's, if fed beats nadal surely won't lose to nole
Final is final, semi is semi. Such statements always sounded dumb to me.
Mardy Fish: “I have played all of the top players but Novak is the toughest opponent because he has no weaknesses. With Roger you feel like you have a game plan of trying to get the ball into his backhand. With Rafa you feel like you can try to take his time away and get free points on your serve because he stands deeper in the court. With Novak, there is no safe place to hit the ball. And as a result you feel so much pressure playing him.”
GOAT in progress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #128
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
are you for real? Did you not see their matches in 2007? Nadal played way better there then he did today and still got smashed.

Nadal was awful for most of the match today. Nalbandian was so-so, and blew it when it mattered. I was especially disappointed with the timid balls Nalby played most of the time. If you're gonna make this many UE's you might as well try to hit some serious offensive shots. Alot of his shots dropped short and landed in the middle of the court. If Nadal had been in better form, he'd have won this in 2 easy sets against this Nalbandian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
oh my boy. clearly not too interested in tennis when Dave was playing as well as he could . Nalbandian playing as well as he could would have beaten nadal badly, something like 2 and 3 and this with the assumption nadal playing well, not shitty like yesterday
Yes, stop living in 2007, it's 2012 now. This Nalbandian can't play much better than this.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #129
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

there's no way to tell. All we know is that he has the potential to play alot better. I for one very much doubt that this is his best.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #130
country flag EddieNero
Banned!

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian is a nightmare match-up for Nadal tennis-wise, yet dream match-up mindset-wise.
Nadal just needed to survive till Dave's mental collapse and this encounter was pretty much over then.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #131
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

UGH, this went from potentially being the greatest result of all time (not even overstating) to a match which will leave me with a sick feeling for quite a while.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #132
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The mental strength from Nadal triumphed in this. Dumb game Nalbandian played at *5-5 to get broken, easy volley not put away, the missed dropshot. Once that happened, momentum changed and Nadal was able to get it done.

Nalbandian trying a dropshot when he had 2 break points at 5-4 in the 3rd.

Nadal definitely can't complain about lack of crowd support in Indian Wells.
This is pretty much the match. I have to give credit to Nalby for putting up a fight and playing some great tennis, but ultimately that game cost him dearly. Credit to Nadal for hanging in there.

Why did people boo around the end of the first match where the umpire had to intervene? Was it because Nadal wasn't playing well? If so, that is pathetic.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #133
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Only watched the first set, and tbh, I think Nalby was lucky to win that one. Then I feel asleep and woke up to find out the result was NID.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #134
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I agree - it's against the rules. Call him up on it - but do it early in the match rather than at a crucial point and then deduct a point early on too. He'll stop doing it. The fact is him & Djokovic etc. aren't going to change a winning style until they see some consequences. I just don't get the point of randomly saying it towards the end of a match and then not following up on it.

And I agree about the tournament director. Ellison is the owner so him cheering is ok IMO - he's just pouring money in after all - but the tournament director is different as he has more direct control over the players, entry lists etc. It's unprofessional.
Agree almost 100% with this^^ and AJ's initial comments. I think the owner's cheering also doesn't show much class, pouring money in doesn't excuse it. And I'd say the same thing about any other TD or owner anywhere else publicly cheering for a player. In these positions one must show some restraint, no matter their personal preference. Of course one can applaud each player for well played tennis. It's the over the top stuff that is tasteless.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #135
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

damn it david... always wins the first set then loses.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote