IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #76
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4

Nalby looking quite impressive despite the loss. I felt he wasn't that eager to hear Rafa's nice words after the match.

Is it enough for Dave to be ranked around 50-60 to get into the Olympics? Or does he also have to be among the four best Argentines in the ATP rankings?
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #77
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Nalby looking quite impressive despite the loss. I felt he wasn't that eager to hear Rafa's nice words after the match.

Is it enough for Dave to be ranked around 50-60 to get into the Olympics? Or does he also have to be among the four best Argentines in the ATP rankings?
He has to be among 4 best Argentines. Hopefully he will be.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #78
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal always full of the praise for them - when he WINS

had he lost it would have been a Davydenko handshake and hand gestures at tv cameramen
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #79
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

No one can defend what Pasarell did.

It's why so many have fallen out of love with the game.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #80
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Nadal always full of the praise for them - when he WINS
Same goes for Fed though
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #81
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
He has to be among 4 best Argentines. Hopefully he will be.
The National Association or Olympic Federation or whatever can't pick who they want? It has to be the strictly by ranking? Same with Spain and all the nations which have more than four players with a good enough ranking.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #82
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why people hype Nalbandian so much, yes, he's a clean ballstriker but chokes on his own sweat time and time again, hell even Juan was able to get shit done in GS unlike this guy.

Great backhand, good ROS, not much else (now watch his tards saying that his FH is the stuff of legends and that Edberg wishes he had his volleys )

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #83
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I wasn't able to watch the match.

But when you see the scoreline, when you read the comments, all one can say is... Nalbandian.

Expected Rafa to take him in straights though. Can any sort-of-objective poster please inform me about his level of play?
Nalby was awesome for most of the first 2 sets. Sublime backhand - changing directions at will - basically doing what Djoko does to Rafa but much more prettily - far nicer shots. Rafa was okay on most of his serves except serving at 4-5 in the first when he got broken. His ROS was poor and he made a lot of UFEs (36 in total I think) but he wasn't atrocious either. Just very nervous because of Nalby.

Rafa was 2 points away from losing at 4-6, 4-5, 30-30 on Rafa's serve but he held and then Nalby DF to hand him a break. Topsy turvy third set - Nalbandian disappeared for a while - gave away a double break but then nearly broke back once and has 2 break points in the final game too. I think those criticising Rafa aren't giving Nalbandian credit. He made Rafa play riskier tennis - he made over 30 winners but also over 30 UFEs. Too many missed forehands. But on a positive note - he was almost out of it but he hung strong and fought back; saved a lot of crucial breakpoints and raised his level as the match progressed. A lot to be happy about despite how close it was.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #84
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

The courts are slower this year , after what parsell did I see why. Poor taste

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #85
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Nalby was awesome for most of the first 2 sets. Sublime backhand - changing directions at will - basically doing what Djoko does to Rafa but much more prettily - far nicer shots. Rafa was okay on most of his serves except serving at 4-5 in the first when he got broken. His ROS was poor and he made a lot of UFEs (36 in total I think) but he wasn't atrocious either. Just very nervous because of Nalby.

Rafa was 2 points away from losing at 4-6, 4-5, 30-30 on Rafa's serve but he held and then Nalby DF to hand him a break. Topsy turvy third set - Nalbandian disappeared for a while - gave away a double break but then nearly broke back once and has 2 break points in the final game too. I think those criticising Rafa aren't giving Nalbandian credit. He made Rafa play riskier tennis - he made over 30 winners but also over 30 UFEs. Too many missed forehands. But on a positive note - he was almost out of it but he hung strong and fought back; saved a lot of crucial breakpoints and raised his level as the match progressed. A lot to be happy about despite how close it was.
Thank you!
Topsy-turvy it indeed sounds. Well in that case Nalby has a lot of positives to take from this match - or maybe, perhaps not at all, as it appears to be the story of his career.

Well at least Rafa prevailed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #86
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond reputelucho_coria has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you David and please, do not retire never.
Congratulations Rafa, you are so big man.

Eduardo Schwank

http://eduardoschwank.blogspot.com
Nico Massu - Agustin Calleri - Gisela Dulko - Pitu Salerni
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #87
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed Dave playing well, but I always had the feeling Nadal would win one way or another. The jinx parade in the live score was not enough- we couldn't stop pig man.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #88
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

What a match! Rafa made 30UE in the first two sets, but still won the match He is the greatest fighter tennis has ever seen! Just read my signature

I feel bad for Nalby, but he has nobody else to blame but himself. That 5:5 service game in the second set was really awful!Seeing how fit he is though I think that he can do some damage this year, no way he is retiring just yet! Hopefully he wins a title this year!

And to the bitter haters in the thread (including the most pathetic one that started it) - keep hating, that just makes my day

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #89
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The National Association or Olympic Federation or whatever can't pick who they want? It has to be the strictly by ranking? Same with Spain and all the nations which have more than four players with a good enough ranking.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194348

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #90
country flag rinnegan

rinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond repute

Dave

Fantastic effort.
Grigor Dimitrov • Ernests Gulbis
Andre Agassi • Mario Ancic • Marat Safin

Thank you for everything, Sir Alex Ferguson!
rinnegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote