IW QF Djokovic routines Almagro 6-3 6-4 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW QF Djokovic routines Almagro 6-3 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
commentators and the spectators were cheering against Nole.
They seemed old, are they federer fans?
Please dont
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedererBulgaria View Post
We are talkinga about this match....may be today u see the GS champion and #1 on court
you make too much sense, I rest my case.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #33
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells QF: Djokovic routines Almagro 6-3, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark73 View Post
that one was 95.8mph, they had to round up.
I'm dreadfully sorry.
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When is the crowd not cheering against Nole? [Discounting ex-pat support in Canada, Australia etc.]

Both him & Azarenka are odd no.1s in that they're rarely backed by the crowd. Of course with Azarenka the crowd actively seem to want her to lose and couldn't care less about her, but with Nole it's just a general apathy - not much of the adoration one might expect. People root for underdogs sure but there are a number of Novak matches I can think of where the crowd nearly in total unison was behind the other player - Baggy last year at Wimby; Fed at RG etc. Nadal's only had that at RG & I don't think Fed has ever had it - hard to pinpoint one reason but interesting none the less...

On the match - dull, dull and dull. The semi won't be much better regardless of whether it's Isner or Simon vs Nole. Will have to hope the other half provides some excitement. A very boring IW so far - Novak needs to go have some fun and look like he cares a bit.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #35
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
That was a Federer-esque performance from Djokovic, in that he did enough to win and not much more. Just needed to be solid in rallies, Mugro couldn't really hurt him on a consistent basis.
Good observation. As a Federer fan I always want him to crush his opponents so I'm not stressing out that he'll have a loose game and get broken and -- whoops -- there goes a set. But the truth is he probably got to where he is by conserving energy and only doing as much as is needed. But it makes the fans of the player worry that he's not in good form. Novak will last longer if he does it this way, I think.

Quote:
They seemed old, are they federer fans?
I'm not sure that they were cheering against him, but they cheered whenever Almagro managed to hold serve! Like it was a huge accomplishment
Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Match wasn't interesting, because of the predictability. You knew what was going to happen before it played out in reality. Nole was adequate. Not bad, not special. Mucho went for a lot as he had too and eventually wore down in both sets, as he couldn't keep up the level of shotmaking required to win.

Also, the reason why Nole (and Azarenka for the WTA) don't get the love from fans/media that their fans may desire is because the games they play are very streamline, very simple. They're grinders; they don't hit the big shots consistently, they aren't going for winners like Federer, they don't have the huge topspin like Nadal. Plus both are naturally emotional, they are "characters" and not everyone appreciates that. A lot of people view them as less humble and therefore less likable than most players.

Not saying I agree, since I like Nole, but that's what it is. Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.
More than accept it, some of us actually enjoy it.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

The gap between the top players and the rest, and the resulting lowering of the level of intensity needed to get the "W", sure does make for some mind numbingly boring tennis. I can't entirely blame those who tune in at the semi-final stage.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #39
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Match wasn't interesting, because of the predictability. You knew what was going to happen before it played out in reality. Nole was adequate. Not bad, not special. Mucho went for a lot as he had too and eventually wore down in both sets, as he couldn't keep up the level of shotmaking required to win.

Also, the reason why Nole (and Azarenka for the WTA) don't get the love from fans/media that their fans may desire is because the games they play are very streamline, very simple. They're grinders; they don't hit the big shots consistently, they aren't going for winners like Federer, they don't have the huge topspin like Nadal. Plus both are naturally emotional, they are "characters" and not everyone appreciates that. A lot of people view them as less humble and therefore less likable than most players.

Not saying I agree, since I like Nole, but that's what it is. Nole will never get the same love as Roger/Rafa and his fans will need to accept this.
Indeed. Nole of 2007-2008 is gone.

BRAVO MARINE, SAMO NAPRED MAJSTORE !!

Marin Cilic ~The Greatest Ballstriker of All Time
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #40
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats an over statement. You are only talking of the place you were in.
Nole is so popular and loved in Asia.
Also, Nole's popularity is just starting. It's the same for Roger and Rafa when people love Agassi so much before they accept them.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #41
country flag teacherling

teacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond reputeteacherling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Excellent observation and explanation. Yes, Nole surely comes across to the crowd as arrogant, being only an extreme extrovert, born and raised in another type of culture that does not insist on the stiff upper lip conduct. I am very much aware of that --- he needn't do anything apart from simply showing and expressing his true feelings strongly, and, there you go, he's taken to be as chesty as a peacock. Which is completely wrong because he's only a very intelligent youngster, even overly serious and considerate of other people's opinions (at least from what I saw in a couple of TV interviews). That's why I think you were spot on.
teacherling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #42
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMARAT View Post
Thats an over statement. You are only talking of the place you were in.
Nole is so popular and loved in Asia.
Also, Nole's popularity is just starting. It's the same for Roger and Rafa when people love Agassi so much before they accept them.
Still he will never be as popular as Rafa or Roger. And that's coming from a very partial fan of his.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #43
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Still he will never be as popular as Rafa or Roger. And that's coming from a very partial fan of his.
And your opinion will never be at all sensible.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #44
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMARAT View Post
And your opinion will never be at all sensible.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #45
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good point - never really thought about it that way but you're right - the thing that bores me about Nole's game is that he is very much textbook, hits every shot great, a bit like a robot going through the motions but there's not a whole lot about it that's unique. Back in 2007/8 I enjoyed watching him way more - was equally behind him and Nadal in the Queens final - but back then his personality was a lot more a part of the package which made him more fun to watch. Now that he's lost that he's winning more but the dullness factor has increased.

Nadal's game to me is the most thrilling (when it's on) as I cannot believe some of the shots he makes; Fed's sublime when on song and I enjoy watching him even if he's not a fave - with ultra-efficient Novak while I can appreciate on a technical and intellectual level what he is doing, I just cannot connect emotionally. The emotions of Nadal on court probably have helped him build more of a connection with the crowd too and Fed's game is enough to wow people but Novak hasn't got that factor on the whole.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote