IW 4R: Simon breadsticks Harrison 7-6(0), 5-7, 6-1 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #76
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW 4R: Simon breadsticks Harrison 7-6(0), 5-7, 6-1

losing a third set 6-1 doesn't say a lot for a player's fitness.

And he was out on his feet after 2 hours against Ginepri a few weeks ago. Hit 2 drop shots and a baseline smash into the bottom of the net in his final service game but held on with some clutch serving before Robby imploded.

I'm not convinced.
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #77
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

And he was out on his feet after 2 hours against Ginepri a few weeks ago. Hit 2 drop shots and a baseline smash into the bottom of the net in his final service game but held on with some clutch serving before Robby imploded.

I'm not convinced.
Harrison got taken to Gilleville... i largely credit Simon's brutal and epic win over Nadal at Madrid Indoors 2008 to Nadal's painful 2009 season... Nadal got aged by 2 years an 3 months in that visit to Gilleville and Rafa did not recover physically or mentally until early 2010...

it should also be said that it crushed Simon too...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #78
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Simon looked like he wanted to die early in the 3rd set when Harrison was just pushing along with him. I think Ryan's young legs could have outlasted Simon if he had more patience....but he just got totally frustrated by the end of it.

Ryan either needed to go into full-on attack mode, or full-on push mode. But he always stayed somewhere in-between where Simon would just get every single ball back and Ryan would be wondering what the hell to do.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #79
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

I'm not convinced.
It's cool that you make all these assumptions without actually watching a match. While I agree that Ryan could get fitter (and he will he's only 19 years old) the reason he lost this match was due to letting his emotions getting the better of him and playing some really poor tactics in the latter stages of the match.

Be convinced...Ryan is the FOAT.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #80
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
the reason he lost this match was due to letting his emotions getting the better of him and playing some really poor tactics in the latter stages of the match.
I agree, he lost all drop-shots at the crucial stage of the 3rd set, and after an argue with Murphy completely lost his concentration.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #81
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
I agree, he lost all drop-shots at the crucial stage of the 3rd set, and after an argue with Murphy completely lost his concentration.
Voo you are a stats man, would you agree that 22/30 at net is definitly a winning perctange? It's not as if he was getting passed all the time or anything.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #82
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
Voo you are a stats man, would you agree that 22/30 at net is definitly a winning perctange? It's not as if he was getting passed all the time or anything.
22/30 is 73%, all percentage results above 70% in tennis I consider as very good, above 60% as good, above 50% as decent.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote