IW 4R Federer def. Bellucci 3-6 6-3 6-4 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #61
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10% Federer def Bellucci 3-6 6-3 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
What? He is sick. Are people not allowed to attribute his poor form to the fact that he has an illness? Is that a sign of tardism now, to consider the state of his health?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at here, your logic is so convoluted.
the only thing logic and MIMIC have in common are the last two letters

People are sick all over the IW area; so many player withdrawals. Nothing so hard to believe about it affecting Fed as well. And when he won the second set, they showed Mirka in the stands and she was clapping and probably tried to yell "Allez" and then she had to put her hand over her mouth because she started coughing, poor thing.
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #62
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW 4R Federer def. Bellucci 3-6 6-3 6-4

Promising match, but then Bellucci has never been completely out of his depth against the top players anyway. I wish he'd sort his head out soon.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #63
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
Federer's losses/struggles are attributed to sickness/decline/mono/Mirka's nail appointments, etc.
Nadal and Djokovic's losses/struggles are exclusively attributed to being outplayed.

Is that explicit enough?
One fact is made explicitly clear with that post. It was merely a confirmation to begin with.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #64
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer's losses/struggles are attributed to sickness/decline/mono/Mirka's nail appointments, etc.
Nadal and Djokovic's losses/struggles are exclusively attributed to being outplayed.

Is that explicit enough?
What forum have you been reading?
Nadal's struggles have been put down to getting out of a chair, having a lack of 'illusion', being tired after the SF (almost every time Federer beats him in a final this comes up), bad knees, bad foot, bad thumb, foot blisters, parents' divorce.

Nole's list is way longer, including contact lenses, and he didn't like the flowers at the Australian Open Too much pollen for the Spartan.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #65
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
the only thing logic and MIMIC have in common are the last two letters

People are sick all over the IW area; so many player withdrawals. Nothing so hard to believe about it affecting Fed as well. And when he won the second set, they showed Mirka in the stands and she was clapping and probably tried to yell "Allez" and then she had to put her hand over her mouth because she started coughing, poor thing.
If you watched closely, she attempted to shout 'Ajde!' before breaking off into coughing.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #66
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is that explicit enough?
First of all, nobody here has made any mention of Nadal and Djokovic and their health during their losses. It seems that you are intent on making a sweeping generalization about people who follow Federer using his illness during this tournament as an example, when there is no evidence of this "hypocrisy" you are so intent on outing.

There have been times when Nadal has lost due to injury and people have given his ailment proper attribution. Same goes for Djokovic. So if you want to accuse Federer fans of being hypocrites for doing the same, I'm afraid it's you who is being hypocritical.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #67
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
What forum have you been reading?
Nadal's struggles have been put down to getting out of a chair, having a lack of 'illusion', being tired after the SF (almost every time Federer beats him in a final this comes up), bad knees, bad foot, bad thumb, foot blisters, parents' divorce.

Nole's list is way longer, including contact lenses, and he didn't like the flowers at the Australian Open Too much pollen for the Spartan.
But here's the thing: I don't make those excuses. The same people who make excuses for Federer are the same hypocrites saying that Nadal and Djokovic were simply in form and out played whenever they lose (no matter what the circumstances were).
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #68
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
If you watched closely, she attempted to shout 'Ajde!' before breaking off into coughing.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #69
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But here's the thing: I don't make those excuses. The same people who make excuses for Federer are the same hypocrites saying that Nadal and Djokovic were simply in form and out played.

Face the fact: you've lost the argument.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #70
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post

Wanna bet he won't face the fact?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #71
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post

What argument? That Fed fans aren't massive hypocrites?

What kind of a drive-by post is this supposed to be?
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #72
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is sick as a dog but no one is forcing him to play, so when he loses no one can blame the actual illness because he can WD

He has said it himself many times: if you're fit enough to show up, you're fit enough to play and there are no excuses.

I don't think he's getting past Del Potro, Rafa and Djokovic with this form, so he should just go to Miami and rest.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #73
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
What argument?...
It's all rationalized already...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #74
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sorry that you didn't get it.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #75
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Observe exhibit A, an example of what is commonly known as Darth's Law of the Internet: If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote