Let's talk about examples of Paes mind game tricks on opponents - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
country flag Riosreigned

Riosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's talk about examples of Paes mind game tricks on opponents

My friend is in Indian Wells, he watched Paes/Stepanek vs. Nishikori/Monaco. Kei was going up the line with Paes at net and after a miss, Paes yelled "Bring it ON!" Kei smiled I think. Then later in the match Monaco was talking to the chair ump in Spanish about something and Paes immediately said to Monaco, "I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.

Also, I remember the Bryans saying they were playing Paes years ago and he started shouting on the court "I INVENTED THE CHEST THUMP!" The Bryans were like "No dude, the Jensens did."

Then a couple of years ago he got into a tiff with Kendrick in WTT doubles when he hit Kendrick with a hard shot.

Paes is some character isn't he, these are just four examples, there must be thousands accumulated from his long and illustrious career, anybody have any more? Would love to hear them. Love this guy Paes, wonder what he's gonna try today against Rafa and Marc Lopez??
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about examples of Paes mind game tricks on opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riosreigned View Post
My friend is in Indian Wells, he watched Paes/Stepanek vs. Nishikori/Monaco. Kei was going up the line with Paes at net and after a miss, Paes yelled "Bring it ON!" Kei smiled I think. Then later in the match Monaco was talking to the chair ump in Spanish about something and Paes immediately said to Monaco, "I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.

Also, I remember the Bryans saying they were playing Paes years ago and he started shouting on the court "I INVENTED THE CHEST THUMP!" The Bryans were like "No dude, the Jensens did."

Then a couple of years ago he got into a tiff with Kendrick in WTT doubles when he hit Kendrick with a hard shot.

Paes is some character isn't he, these are just four examples, there must be thousands accumulated from his long and illustrious career, anybody have any more? Would love to hear them. Love this guy Paes, wonder what he's gonna try today against Rafa and Marc Lopez??
Paes and Monaco have a past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edKYtI7FCRk

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember after the Auusie Open final in 2006 when Paes countered Bryans statement that they have started chest bumping by saying that " Twins were in dipers when me and hesh( Mahesh Bhupathi) used to do it". So all this tricks and mind games of Paes is quite normal. And I guess what type of mind games he is playing against Twins and Nestor nowadays that whenever they meet Paes emerging winners.
kaustav4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riosreigned View Post
"I know you were talking about me." Monaco was like, Come on what are talking about? Paes really knows how to get in the heads of opponents.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when you are 39 you need all the help you can get I guess Though others could simply ignore him, and not fall for his tricks
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
country flag Cricketics

Cricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond reputeCricketics has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is something called Sledging. May be thats what he's good at. You can google the word "Sledging"

But don't take anything away from Paes. He's one of the best out there. Well he still is and his game speaks itself.

There are morons everywhere. And btw, you can go and check that kendrick situation, Johny Mac and team were fined in that game. So it wasn't Paes's fault.

Anyway's you can let your racquet do the talking in tennis. If you can't you shouldn't be whining about getting worked up or something like that.

Just enjoy the game. You don't want to just sit and clap every shot like the old people do in wimbledon. You want to watch some tennnis and bit of banter. The game has moved on from those things my friend
Cricketics is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this happened a year and a half ago, in 2011, if i remember properly it happened because he used the word 'Vamos'. But not sure.

There's another similar video of Leander losing his temper. This one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3af3MQlfD28
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricketics View Post
Well there is something called Sledging. May be thats what he's good at. You can google the word "Sledging"

But don't take anything away from Paes. He's one of the best out there. Well he still is and his game speaks itself.

There are morons everywhere. And btw, you can go and check that kendrick situation, Johny Mac and team were fined in that game. So it wasn't Paes's fault.

Anyway's you can let your racquet do the talking in tennis. If you can't you shouldn't be whining about getting worked up or something like that.

Just enjoy the game. You don't want to just sit and clap every shot like the old people do in wimbledon. You want to watch some tennnis and bit of banter. The game has moved on from those things my friend
LOL, your trying to defend him because his from your country. His a dirty player and everyone know it. He will do everything to win, he should partner with Marray. the dirtiest to the most honest. Not even Bopanna and Bhupathi wants him as a partner, he can't have long standing partners.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I like how Paes plays and his character

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
I like how Paes plays and his character
There's a big story about his character. He had questioned his partners commitment will they were playing together. He too has quite a big opposition from Indian players, thats why he had to step down from Davis Cup captaincy.

I'm not telling that he's bad or good, but there are some reasons behind it. His relationship with Mahesh Bhupathi is an well known fact.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute

Again today VAMOS VAMOS shouting aginst Spanish duo..He was the player of the match and played awesome tennis with usual trics...You hate it or like it u just can not ignore it...
kaustav4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Paes is an idiot...and I'm part Indian
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
country flag mreccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustav4 View Post
Again today VAMOS VAMOS shouting aginst Spanish duo..He was the player of the match and played awesome tennis with usual trics...You hate it or like it u just can not ignore it...
When did he call Vamos in the match? I didn't hear that at all
Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
country flag Trollin Stone

Trollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond repute

^on many occasions. I clearly remember one in the 1st or 2nd game when he or Radek hit a DS and one of the Spaniards started to run to catch it, he screamed it right at that moment.
Trollin Stone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

The man is quite passionate about the Game. He is one Player who has maximised his talent Manifolds.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote